Home

NBA Live 15 and First In-Game Update Available Today, Post Your Impressions

This is a discussion on NBA Live 15 and First In-Game Update Available Today, Post Your Impressions within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-30-2014, 05:38 PM   #321
MVP

dubplate's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: NBA Live 15 and First In-Game Update Available Today, Post Your Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
Has anyone played today? I turned off the Ratings only shooting, went back to Ratings plus Skill or whatever the setting is, and the release feels much better. I just hit a 3 with Mo Williams that I held til the top of the release, and it felt awesome.

I love the gooseneck release there, and the hopping on 1 foot. Overall just a very nice feeling shot.
I've used ratings plus skill from the start and I still find the timing to be a little too early for me. I am getting used to it, though.

My biggest complaint so far is the lack of motion from my teammates when I don't call a play. Even with automotion on auto they still seem to stand around a little too much for my liking.

Either way I'm still having fun. I got smoked by twenty as the Wolves against the Grizzlies but never got angry like I do playing 2K15. I got rocked because I wasn't working for open shots in the second half like I did in the first. I led at the half.

The CPU runs are organic and not just some arbitrary thing that is forced on you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2014, 05:58 PM   #322
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Changed back to Ratings + Skill as I was blowing out the CPU on Superstar.

Had much better results losing to the Hornets as Milwaukee in a Rewind game.

The shooting release is still to quick for my liking. Looks like I'll have to adjust to it. But it doesn't feel comfortable.

And FWIW...Lance dropped 25 on me and I believe Kemba had 20 or so.
Al Jefferson killed me in the post.
Old 10-30-2014, 06:01 PM   #323
Pro

Philstat's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubplate
I've used ratings plus skill from the start and I still find the timing to be a little too early for me. I am getting used to it, though.

My biggest complaint so far is the lack of motion from my teammates when I don't call a play. Even with automotion on auto they still seem to stand around a little too much for my liking.

Either way I'm still having fun. I got smoked by twenty as the Wolves against the Grizzlies but never got angry like I do playing 2K15. I got rocked because I wasn't working for open shots in the second half like I did in the first. I led at the half.

The CPU runs are organic and not just some arbitrary thing that is forced on you.
I use the same settings, though once you get it down you are in beast mode, for real - I just hammered the Pacers and Pistons with the Bucks, swinging the ball around calling lots of plays driving and dishing out, this game is thing of beauty once you get going, had one event six rebounds back and forth on the defensive end, it was wild. I kept challenging the shot and Hibbert and West were battling my post guys, there were two blocks, a loose ball etc, it was intense - the best I've seen so far.
Old 10-30-2014, 06:03 PM   #324
Pro

Philstat's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
Changed back to Ratings + Skill as I was blowing out the CPU on Superstar.

Had much better results losing to the Hornets as Milwaukee in a Rewind game.

The shooting release is still to quick for my liking. Looks like I'll have to adjust to it. But it doesn't feel comfortable.

And FWIW...Lance dropped 25 on me and I believe Kemba had 20 or so.
Al Jefferson killed me in the post.
Of all people, Austin Rivers put up some big numbers on me, he's tough in this game, hahaha.
Old 10-30-2014, 06:04 PM   #325
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philstat
I use the same settings, though once you get it down you are in beast mode, for real - I just hammered the Pacers and Pistons with the Bucks, swinging the ball around calling lots of plays driving and dishing out, this game is thing of beauty once you get going, had one event six rebounds back and forth on the defensive end, it was wild. I kept challenging the shot and Hibbert and West were battling my post guys, there were two blocks, a loose ball etc, it was intense - the best I've seen so far.
I just had the same thing with Milwaukee except mine was on the offensive end.

Wish I knew how to post videos from Facebook.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2014, 06:07 PM   #326
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by BL8001
I played that beat the Spurs without Lebron challenge and I guess EA wants wade to retire. I shot 4 3 pointers with him with a green icon and perfect release that didn't go down while ginobli hit 3 of them with a man in his face.

I finally beat them on the third try because thankfully they kept fouling me when I was missing. I think I shot around 23 free throws adding in the ones where they were fouling me with the clock ticking away.

The gloves seem to be off in these challenge games and the CPU plays really dirty. I was surprised that last game they were kind enough to bail me out with the CPU fouling.

The green icon great release missing the shot thing puzzles me though. Sometimes I wonder if my game is broken...but then it wouldn't spin in the drive.
I mean you're shooting with Wade from behind the arc what do you expect ?
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 10-30-2014, 06:11 PM   #327
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

I thought people were joking when they said it is an invisible wall along the baseline to keep you from going out of bounds. They weren't lying, I just tried it for giggles. You really CAN'T go out of bounds along the baseline. Your player will just slide along that invisible wall towards the basket. That needs to be fixed ASAP.

And there is a slight difference between teams who have played a game in real life this season vs teams who haven't played a regular season game yet. So I guess we really do have to wait for these teams to get a few games played in order for synergy to shine.
Old 10-30-2014, 06:14 PM   #328
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

I'm Milwaukee.

Hope it works:

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v...16301695870072

4 missed shots
3 offensive rebounds
1 blocked shot
1 putback

Last edited by bigeastbumrush; 10-30-2014 at 06:20 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »