Home

NBA Live 15 Patch 1.06 and Roster Update Available Now, Details Included (3-10-15)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 15 Patch 1.06 and Roster Update Available Now, Details Included (3-10-15) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-15-2015, 09:42 AM   #57
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA Live 15 Patch 1.06 and Roster Update Available Now, Details Included (3-10-15

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Agree. I think everyone should....

A lot of guys have essentially been saying they're having near perfect experiences that have also been improving with every update.....I'd love to see it firsthand....
I'm not having a perfect experience by any means. But a lot of the issues that some people are having, I don't seem to be (ie jump shooting).
Old 03-18-2015, 12:00 AM   #58
Pro

zrohman's Arena

Re: NBA Live 15 Patch 1.06 and Roster Update Available Now, Details Included (3-10-15

Let me just say as someone who loves Live, preferred Live, and bought Live fairly close to launch, and even enjoyed Live, I am disappointed.

I went and bought 2K again after selling it. I sold it because I prefer Live. But Live clearly doesn't support their game.

They might claim to have made all these patches but in reality they again have only had ONE REAL PATCH. With basically little roster updates all year.

2K has updated the gear of every player, rosters literally 1-2 days after every big move, (even small moves) and they even update coaches.

I hate when 2K guys come to the Live forum and try to prove how superior it is, but I'm not a 2K guy. I've been a Live guy.

Just stating that after a long season of playing around with Live I went back to 2K. Just proving they are scaring away their consumers with lack of support.

2K just released another patch, and they actually tuned gameplay AGAIN. They took out animations that were a problem, tuned shooting, and other things.

They could have just patched their shoe issue (That's what Live would have done.) Instead they tuned gameplay even more.

Yes. Some people are slightly complaining because they have to adjust their offline sliders. And yes. I'll probably be complaining because once again Xbox One still doesn't have the patch,

But I just have to make the point of how Live is losing their fan base. Again I think EA thinks that them patching the game made them look better. They actually look worse because they didn't even attempt to fix any gameplay.

Again, all they do is patch their mistakes. And they still aren't even done patching the mistakes they created, they haven't had a single patch to improve the game since launch, and only one patch was big enough, and it regressed the game.

I love Live's player movement and speed, I love Live's dribbling system and the freedom of movement, and the freedom of the on ball defense. So I prefer Live, but I'll take 2K in every single other category, but at least they support their game. That's all we wanted, and we got the worst customer experience you can ask for. No communication from any devs, the only person who talks can only give roster updates (far far far less than 2k) can't even get us any info on gameplay (from other devs), I don't know if I've had a positive experience with Live since launch (as far as game support goes).

I buy and sell games, I'm a real euterpeneur, and I bought live digitally so I could stick with it to the end. Well.... unless a miracle happens no way I'm purchasing Live 16.

Even with 2K's server woes and clunkier movement, every other aspect of the game is fully up to par. Live really could have did something amazing, and I was here for months just waiting for a patch to turn the tide. Instead they continue to show us how inept they are.

This will be the last big post like this I make. I've made a few in the last weeks because of how disgusted I am. Outside of that hopefully some of you have seen me trying to be constructive on this forum, but the best way for us to be constructive is to show Live how terrible they've really been. They apologized for their game the past two years and made countless promises, marking the game at full price, and apologizing for how bad it was, and promised updates, promised support, and didn't even give us one single good patch. And only gave us really one single patch, and it was terrible. The rest of the patches are just bug fixes for mistakes they created. Sad day.
Old 03-18-2015, 01:32 AM   #59
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
Maybe try lowering the difficulty? This last patch seems to have made jump shooting much better. I rarely call set plays and still manage to score inside and out. Or better yet, post a video of you playing so we can try to dissect what's going on. But everything you just said you should be able to do but can't, I have been, and I'm sure others have as well.
There is no difficulty level to lower in Ultimate Team mode, which is the only mode that really matters. They don't give you any option to lower difficulty or any sliders to adjust, and the teams you play against are always all star teams mixed with the best players throughout.

Of course the game is easy when you can adjust it so the computer doesn't f*ck you over with how badly they cheat. And you face normal NBA rosters where you can easily defend their two star players and exploit their many weaknesses on defense. But I am talking about the mode that has made EA sports billions of dollars and the only mode worth playing anyway.
Old 03-18-2015, 07:36 AM   #60
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GToma
There is no difficulty level to lower in Ultimate Team mode, which is the only mode that really matters. They don't give you any option to lower difficulty or any sliders to adjust, and the teams you play against are always all star teams mixed with the best players throughout.

Of course the game is easy when you can adjust it so the computer doesn't f*ck you over with how badly they cheat. And you face normal NBA rosters where you can easily defend their two star players and exploit their many weaknesses on defense. But I am talking about the mode that has made EA sports billions of dollars and the only mode worth playing anyway.
I don't play UT, so I can't say I've experienced any issues on that front. But I do think that posting a video or two showing what's happening would be helpful. It's hard to figure out where the issues may be when we can't see what's happening, and we're just reading your account of it.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...back-2k16.html

This thread is a perfect example of what can be helpful to get issues fixed either in a patch for this year, or for next year's game.
Old 03-21-2015, 02:35 PM   #61
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarlndr
So I downloaded the update the other day. I jumped into a quick tip-off game just to see if the game plays any different. I picked my hometown Cavs vs the Lakers. The Lakers win the top of and there's Steve Nash bringing it up court. He dribbles, drives, and kicks it out to Kobe for three. I'm like what is going on here, lol.

Then today I fire the game back up just to make sure I wasn't tripping. What do you know, I have to install the update again, lol. This time no Nash or Kobe starting for the Lakers.

The game does play better, that's for sure. I'm blocking shots like crazy, actually making uncontested jumpers, and playing D is much better. So far I'm very happy with how it's playing now.
See this is my experience, everything feels tighter and more responsive! Just watch how the defender stays with the PG when you hold sprint or L2 not sure which one, but some of the animations definitely were not in recently. Even holding L2 and the right stick up while moving around on defense feels more useful.

My advice, try playing NBA Live with a perfect connection, disconnect any other devices connect to the same network like a phone or tablet, pause downloads or uploads and allow the PS4 or Xbox to use all of the network for the game. Going back to Live 14 the game played poorly and looked worst on bad connections. Now with Live 15 the game doesnt look any worst but the animations arent as tight and fluid on poor connections which disrupts the overall responsiveness timing and gameplay mechanics.

If ever interested in seeing a clip of me playing to see if anything looks different youtube Platanogames Network
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »