Home

Is it vital NBA Live is released before NBA 2K?

This is a discussion on Is it vital NBA Live is released before NBA 2K? within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2017, 06:21 AM   #1
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4
Is it vital NBA Live is released before NBA 2K?

To get that head start ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2017, 08:40 AM   #2
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Is it vital NBA Live is released before NBA 2K?

No. Because Live will be on the shelf next to 2K at some point. Sure, an early window could sway a few people who only buy one game. If the game is exceptionally good I think interest and sales will pick up over the months and 19 could be where they see a decent spike. Live 16 sold worse than Live 14 and 14 was awful. To me, it's vital that Live releases a good fun game. 2K shouldn't even be on their radar at this point. Reestablish Live, first. Build momentum and awareness. Then start looking across the way. Someone used an anology between the Sacramento Kings and beating the Warriors. It fits here, IMO.
Old 07-17-2017, 09:14 AM   #3
Rookie

texasgmr's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
To get that head start ?
I don't think so. I for one am excited to see what the team at EA has done with Live 18 since being away for almost two years working on the game. From what I have seen from videos and reading, they (EA) look like they spent a lot with this years title.

I don't think 2K is on any kind of alert from what Live 18 will be like, if it will give them some competition with basketball titles. 2K will sale more copies than Live 18 and that won't be a surprise. As stated above, re-establish Live. EA has to make an increase on the sales they did not have from 16 and go from there.

I think it will be great to have two basketball titles to compare to, but as of right now, I think the one title (Live 18) is where I am going.
Old 07-17-2017, 12:28 PM   #4
Rookie

Most definitely they should. Release after or same day is bad for them. Many people will grab the other game n not look back. A week ahead can return reviews and give live the spotlight of positive reviews

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
Old 07-17-2017, 02:19 PM   #5
Just started!

They should, if the game is good the rumors will spread and a lot more people will be looking to buy it to try, if you wait for 2K18 and suddenly 2K makes a leap forward then you are ****ed, the huge 2k player base they have is going to get hyped and will not look back at EA again until maybe next year
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2017, 03:58 PM   #6
Banned

Housh123's Arena

Yes they should release the demo and the game before 2k. Also their game should be 49.99. That's what 2k used to do when Live was winning. Theyd be the cheaper game.

Also I think Live should have more content available in its demo. It should let you start your MyCareer and play the 5 v 5 mode as much as you want and you should be able to run a game with any team.

Releasing it first helps because I actually bought Live 16 before 2k16 because I got my dude pretty good during the demo and wanted to continue my progress
Old 07-18-2017, 10:30 AM   #7
Pro

Live should absolutley release before 2k. Realeasing after would be a mistake because once 2k starts adverstising no one but LiveHeads will play Live, which may not be a bad thing lol. Personally ill buy both BUT Live will be my main game and 2k only when i want to hoop with psn friends (unless i meet as solid a group of ballers on Live?)
Old 07-18-2017, 07:05 PM   #8
MVP

sarlndr's Arena

OVR: 6

They better release it before 2K if they know what's good. I'm just hoping they sell more than 8K the first week. I want this franchise to survive. Even if they didn't add editing (bums).

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »