Home

March Madness 06 Impressions

This is a discussion on March Madness 06 Impressions within the NCAA Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-27-2005, 10:57 AM   #233
Bow for Bau

Vince's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: March Madness 06 Impressions

Ehh, when you do the floor general playcalling, there are actually 6 plays. Press up and up again you see a 3rd set of 3. I'd suggest only keeping 1 zone play. The CPU offers up 2 in most playbooks, but I think 1 is sufficient enough.
Old 10-27-2005, 12:03 PM   #234
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjam
I agree totally. The thing that keeps me playing this game is the momentum swings and the defense. Ex I will be playing a game and up by 6 to 10 points and thinking to myself "its going to be a cakewalk". Then all of the sudden the cpu hits a 3 gets the crowd going and if I don't call a timeout before you know it they are back in the game. As far as defense. You have to work your arse off to stop a great shooter like Redick. He comes off of screen after screen and if you don't control the guy guarding him he will be open all day. Even if you do he still is open alot. Its tough to get through the screens like it should be.

I took Ok State to Durham and almost came out with the victory. Curry was going off and got us out to a 10 pt lead. Then McRoberts slammed one and the roll was on. Redick followed with a 3 and curl to the bucket for a easy one. After there run the game was nip and tuck the whole way with me coming out on the short end by 5. Not bad for playing at Duke. Its very tough to play there. If you haven't already go and play there.

One question is what determines a player doing the triple threat moves? I do them every now and then, but most of the time my player just starts dribbling.
sirjam, I noticed this too. What I've found is that when your guy with the ball (a) has not used his dribble and (b) has no one on D within arms length or 5-sec call length from him, you can perform the triple threat moves. As soon as a defender moves into your personal space, the dribble animation takes over, even if you do not move the left thumbstick at all.

IMO, this is a glitch by EA in the sense that the triple threat move is useless if you can only perform it while there is no one guarding you closely. Thankfully there's so much more EA offers that it's not a huge thing, though I hope they fix it for 07.
Old 10-27-2005, 12:39 PM   #235
MVP

sirjam's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparker
sirjam, I noticed this too. What I've found is that when your guy with the ball (a) has not used his dribble and (b) has no one on D within arms length or 5-sec call length from him, you can perform the triple threat moves. As soon as a defender moves into your personal space, the dribble animation takes over, even if you do not move the left thumbstick at all.

IMO, this is a glitch by EA in the sense that the triple threat move is useless if you can only perform it while there is no one guarding you closely. Thankfully there's so much more EA offers that it's not a huge thing, though I hope they fix it for 07.
That makes sense. I guess they made it like this so you won't get called for 5 sec calls when pivoting around and to get away from the one on one that is the nba, and make it more a college feel.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2022, 02:51 AM   #236
Rookie

Landonio's Arena

OVR: 2

17 year bump.

Just started playing this game for the first time via XBSX2. It's janky as hell but it's fun. The dunking in particular is out of control haha. Makes me miss EA basketball games. Hopefully with NCAA Football coming back we'll finally see another March Madness not too long after.

Last edited by Landonio; 12-01-2022 at 02:53 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball »