Home

March Madness 06 Impressions

This is a discussion on March Madness 06 Impressions within the NCAA Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-10-2005, 08:28 PM   #1
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70
March Madness 06 Impressions

Since this game will be out in the next 2 days, please post your impressions here.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2005, 08:45 AM   #2
MVP

Thrash13's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: March Madness 06 Impressions

I ordered mine from Gamestop. I went with 2 day shipping this time instead of overnight, and I still got it on Tuesday. I guess I'll do that every time.

I had to work late tonight, and I only had time to put in my Oklahoma St. Cowboys roster names using my Athlon. I had to edit a few players because they didn't have a couple of our juco transfers. Ok. State's team is much much different.

Anyway, I only played one game. I was Oklahoma St., and I played against Boston College. I'm not sure why, but that's who I felt like playing. I played 15 minute halves on the 2nd hardest difficulty. The final score was 77-68, I lost. The gameplay felt a lot like last year to be honest. But that isn't a bad thing because I liked last years.

On offense, it took me awhile to get used to everything again, but nothing has changed on offense. The plays are still pretty effective, but the defense will start jumping in lanes and picking off passes if you do the play too many times. That's a good change.

On defense, it's also much the same as last years, but the traps and stuff works this time around. The lockdown stick is effective, but I got burned a few times trying to use it over and over. The half-court trap worked well for me, and my point guard had 3 or 4 steals for the game. The blocks have been toned way down from what I saw. I think the leader in blocks for both teams was 2 or 3. That's good news.

The gameplay is pretty smooth overall, but I only played one game. The stats were pretty realistic IMO.

My center had 9 points and 10 rebounds. I was happy about that.

The one big downfall I found was with the announcing. I could barely hear them, so I went to preferences and changed some stuff up. I could still barely hear them, but some people may not care about this much. It just sounded really muffled, but I don't judge a game on announcing.

The background music is kinda neat this year in my opinion. It's similar to last year, except a lot of retro songs. I think "Jungle Boogie" was one of them, as well as "Walking on the Sun" and a few others. It was pretty cool though, but it could annoying over time just like any other music.

I also edited Duke's roster right before I come online, and I was shocked that Redick was only an 85 and Williams was only 84. That seemed crazy because Curry for Ok. State was 84.

Oh yeah, Craig Smith for BC put up 12 points on me, and Dudley had 10 points and 6 assists.

I will get to play much more tomorrow, but by then, everyone else will have theirs I'm sure.
Old 10-12-2005, 10:10 AM   #3
All Star

nyisles16's Arena

OVR: 46

thaks for the info.....
Old 10-12-2005, 01:11 PM   #4
Banned

Bobolini's Arena

OVR: 10

Thanks for the input Thrash13.
Old 10-12-2005, 01:13 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

ill post some up too after i go buy it in a couple hours ...cant get my check till 1 central thats lame
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2005, 01:14 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 10

I enjoy the game. Plays pretty good out of the box. I will need to do a little more playing before I give any more impressions.

So far I really like it though.
Old 10-12-2005, 01:18 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 8

I think it's the same as last year's.. Gameplay wise.. The lockdown stick works well.

I just hate how the schedules are not real.. Bummer.

Ratings seem a bit off as well.

Waiting for someone to do a roster set.
Old 10-12-2005, 01:24 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

^yeh wait about a week and a half and the rosters will be out, also ppl put out real schedules that u can put in ur dynasty so its no biggy

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball »