Home

March Madness 06 Impressions

This is a discussion on March Madness 06 Impressions within the NCAA Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-12-2005, 01:24 PM   #9
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70
Re: March Madness 06 Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappy
I think it's the same as last year's.. Gameplay wise.. The lockdown stick works well.

I just hate how the schedules are not real.. Bummer.

Ratings seem a bit off as well.

Waiting for someone to do a roster set.
Well, you just cancelled me picking it up. No real schedules, no sale. That's just ignorant. Turned me off from last year's game as well. I wonder if you can name all the players this year, is anyone even going to attempt it to find out.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Old 10-12-2005, 01:27 PM   #10
Pro

zpq12's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
Well, you just cancelled me picking it up. No real schedules, no sale. That's just ignorant. Turned me off from last year's game as well. I wonder if you can name all the players this year, is anyone even going to attempt it to find out.
I don't think that they dare to not allow you to enter all the names this year. People were pretty upset about it last year.
Old 10-12-2005, 01:31 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3

maybe it just aint possible, maybe it wasnt a glitch? i sure hope not i want someone to find out b4 i go buy it really but i might end up buyin it in about an hour anyway still ahhaha
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2005, 01:34 PM   #12
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenLivER
maybe it just aint possible, maybe it wasnt a glitch? i sure hope not i want someone to find out b4 i go buy it really but i might end up buyin it in about an hour anyway still ahhaha
It was memory limitations last year, that was EA's reasoning. Remember, this game is made on the PS2 and then ported to the Xbox. I'm sure someone is already trying, so we'll find out soon enough. If it was me, I would start naming every guy like A, and then see if you eventually hit a wall. Last year it was around 300 players. 323 or something?

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Old 10-12-2005, 01:50 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 3

if it was memory limitations im sure that it will be the same again this year cuz they added some new graphics and features
Old 10-12-2005, 02:21 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2

for anybody that has it...can you find out if they have real sites for ncaa and conference tournament game or is it still the bs generic for conference tourney and 1st/2nd rounds of ncaa tourney
Old 10-12-2005, 03:05 PM   #15
Bills Mafia!!

racerx's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninefall
for anybody that has it...can you find out if they have real sites for ncaa and conference tournament game or is it still the bs generic for conference tourney and 1st/2nd rounds of ncaa tourney
I went into NCAA Tournament mode and I played Kentucky vs E. Kentucky matchup in the first round and it was a generic court. It had the NCAA logo in the middle with Blue keys. This was not dynasty mode so that could be different but I don't think so.

Racerx
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2005, 03:09 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
It was memory limitations last year, that was EA's reasoning. Remember, this game is made on the PS2 and then ported to the Xbox. I'm sure someone is already trying, so we'll find out soon enough. If it was me, I would start naming every guy like A, and then see if you eventually hit a wall. Last year it was around 300 players. 323 or something?
Scott, your idea about Mr. "A" is a good one. What was doubly frustrating about last year's limitation is that no one knew it at first, and when you would type one place beyond all of your previous work was lost (at least that happened to me).

Some people could've lived with the limit had they known not to exceed it at first.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball »