Home

March Madness 06 Impressions

This is a discussion on March Madness 06 Impressions within the NCAA Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-12-2005, 10:25 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: March Madness 06 Impressions

Just played a quick game, Alabama at Duke (5 min halves).

I like the visuals very much. Played part from behind, and part using the press box view. To Sirjam's point, there is one angle from way up on press box where the rim/net look too light, but other than that I have no problem with graphics.

The color is great. Cameron Indoor looks very good. EA really has the atmosphere of college bball down. The crowd was rockin' and the announcing is very good in my opinion.

The lockdown stick is fun, but deceptively dangerous. I like this game so far. The new animations are great, and the players look good and move great. I like the steal one using lockdown and the R-shoulder. Drew one good charge using the L too. The new split-the-defenders animation looks very good. I also noticed the senior leader aspect kick in during the game (near the end).

I couldn't execute the dribble handoff I spoke of earlier. I need to read more about it first. I noticed it is involved in at least one of the new offensive floor general options.

I usually buy both CH and MM each year, and end up playing CH about twice as much. This year it may be closer to 50/50 with what I'm seeing so far.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2005, 10:29 PM   #42
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34

Very accurate review. Many are going to be pleasantly surprised
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparker

I like the visuals very much. Played part from behind, and part using the press box view. To Sirjam's point, there is one angle from way up on press box where the rim/net look too light, but other than that I have no problem with graphics.

The color is great. Cameron Indoor looks very good. EA really has the atmosphere of college bball down. The crowd was rockin' and the announcing is very good in my opinion.

The lockdown stick is fun, but deceptively dangerous. I like this game so far. The new animations are great, and the players look good and move great. I like the steal one using lockdown and the R-shoulder. Drew one good charge using the L too. The new split-the-defenders animation looks very good. I also noticed the senior leader aspect kick in during the game (near the end).

I couldn't execute the dribble handoff I spoke of earlier. I need to read more about it first. I noticed it is involved in at least one of the new offensive floor general options.

I usually buy both CH and MM each year, and end up playing CH about twice as much. This year it may be closer to 50/50 with what I'm seeing so far.
Old 10-12-2005, 10:43 PM   #43
MVP

sirjam's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparker

What kind of T.V. do you have? Man maybe I got a bad copy or something but this game is uuuugly on my t.v. I have a hitachi 51 inch widescreen hi def setup. My copy is unplayable its so ugly.
Old 10-12-2005, 10:50 PM   #44
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjam
What kind of T.V. do you have? Man maybe I got a bad copy or something but this game is uuuugly on my t.v. I have a hitachi 51 inch widescreen hi def setup. My copy is unplayable its so ugly.
I have a Toshiba 27" flatscreen. Nothing terribly fancy, but it is brand new.
Old 10-12-2005, 10:53 PM   #45
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjam
I have a 42' Samsung DLP and it looks great.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2005, 10:58 PM   #46
MVP

sirjam's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I have a 42' Samsung DLP and it looks great.
Its not grainy or anything? Also what about the crowd, what do they look like on your tv? On mine it looks just like last years game if not worse.
Old 10-12-2005, 10:58 PM   #47
Rookie

I just went into NCAA tourney mode, selected the Washington Huskies. The bracket came up, and the regionals were named after their city hosts. They are Minneapolis, Atlanta, Oakland and Washington, D.C. Someone should check for accuracy.

I don't believe this was the case with '05 --- I think the regionals were West, East, etc. (I could be wrong).

I simulated the first two games after reading earlier that the courts were generic in the first round. The Huskies won the first two simulations, so I got to play Louisville in the regional. The court looked generic with the NCAA logo in the center.

Right when the game tipped off, Nessler said something like "So, Dickie V, who do you think is the best player in the history of college basketball?" Vitale's answer went on for days. He started talking about Lew Alcindor and ended by saying Magic Johnson was the best (though I think he threw in a comment about Jordan). I will say this, it sounded like a natural conversation, very realistic.

Who ever made the comment that the announcing can be hard to hear over the crowd noise is generally correct. There are times where you can hear, and others where it's difficult. I'm playing on a low t.v. volume right now, though.

The animations continue to look good. I'm noticing that, unlike last year, the guards don't all have the same jump shot animations. Taquan Dean's was better looking than some of the others. Also, there is a nice looking baseline drive and jumpshot animation.

In the game, the Louisville guards found a weakness and kept exploiting. They drove to hoop and drew foul after foul.

Also, there is a red 5-second clock that appears near a 5-second call.

I'll experiment some more.
Old 10-12-2005, 11:21 PM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 3

yep exactly another reason i waited to buy it today ...the great impressions ill be waiting for gamestop to open tomorrow morning to get this, thanx guys any word on the Edit player limit yet?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball »