Home

March Madness 06 Impressions

This is a discussion on March Madness 06 Impressions within the NCAA Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-14-2005, 11:29 AM   #121
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: March Madness 06 Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by zephyr13
I can tell you this... Arizona's rosters are PERFECT!!! They have included new freshmen like Marcus Williams, Fendi Onobun, and JP Prince. I just wish they had 15 man rosters instead of 12.
ahh.. cool i guess. im just thinking, if they messed up with a midmajor like UNM... how are the other teams gonna look?

but if you play dynasty with a SEC or big10 school, then im sure its nearly perfect. I wouldnt call what i said as an exaggeration because changes couldve been made in 5 months, but I can see how they can have priorities for the top 75 teams in the nation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2005, 11:39 AM   #122
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
The fast breaks have been redone just like in NBA Live. Players cut to the basket and finish the break this year.
Very true, I have had quite a few fast break opportunities.

I don't know much about the players in college basketball so the rosters being perfect isn't a big deal to me but I would love to have all the player names in there that way I can start to figure out who is where.

Last edited by Pratt75; 10-14-2005 at 11:44 AM.
Old 10-14-2005, 11:43 AM   #123
MVP

sirjam's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
The fast breaks have been redone just like in NBA Live. Players cut to the basket and finish the break this year.
No they don't. Play the game on the highest level, and then come back here and tell me that. The players cut every now and then but nowhere near the rate that they should for a college game. The fast breaks are nowhere near NBA lives, its not even close.
Old 10-14-2005, 11:50 AM   #124
Rookie

OVR: 3

WOW i dont know what the hell u guys were talkin about, the game speed is perfect on default no need to lower it, its much slower than last years game and nba live.
Old 10-14-2005, 11:54 AM   #125
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenLivER
WOW i dont know what the hell u guys were talkin about, the game speed is perfect on default no need to lower it, its much slower than last years game and nba live.
I agree with you on the game speed, I'm not touching it. The slower speed was the first thing I noticed once I started playing. Last years game was like a race to the basket every possesion now, its a much better pace.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2005, 11:59 AM   #126
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjam
No they don't. Play the game on the highest level, and then come back here and tell me that. The players cut every now and then but nowhere near the rate that they should for a college game. The fast breaks are nowhere near NBA lives, its not even close.
I have played it on the highest level and have probably played more games then you since I got an early copy. I've also played a ton of Live games and I say the fast breaks are on the same level. I'm sorry you arent seeing the same thing.
Old 10-14-2005, 12:10 PM   #127
MVP

sirjam's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
I have played it on the highest level and have probably played more games then you since I got an early copy. I've also played a ton of Live games and I say the fast breaks are on the same level. I'm sorry you arent seeing the same thing.
No doubt you probably played more games on mm than me. However there is no way the breaks are the same. There are some fantastic breaks that you can pull off on live. 2 on 1, 3 on 1, get the ball to the middle and fill the lanes kick it to the wing who gives it back to the middle who dishes to the opposite wing for the dunk, superstar level. Now go to MM and try the same thing on all american level. The breaks on MM consist of get to the middle kick it to the wing who tries to score or forces his way to the basket, not natural at all. If the breaks were like live than maybe I could salvage this one despite the horrid graphics. Try it on the hardest level and see what I am talking about.
Old 10-14-2005, 12:13 PM   #128
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjam
No doubt you probably played more games on mm than me. However there is no way the breaks are the same. There are some fantastic breaks that you can pull off on live. 2 on 1, 3 on 1, get the ball to the middle and fill the lanes kick it to the wing who gives it back to the middle who dishes to the opposite wing for the dunk, superstar level. Now go to MM and try the same thing on all american level. The breaks on MM consist of get to the middle kick it to the wing who tries to score or forces his way to the basket, not natural at all. If the breaks were like live than maybe I could salvage this one despite the horrid graphics. Try it on the hardest level and see what I am talking about.
I'm telling you I have. I played Duke using MD on the highest level two nights ago was able to run multiple breaks. On some Caner-Medley would step out near the 3 point line for the kick out. On others he cut to the basket. I'm just saying that ive seen them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball »