Home

March Madness 06 Impressions

This is a discussion on March Madness 06 Impressions within the NCAA Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-14-2005, 03:32 PM   #137
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: March Madness 06 Impressions

I like the fast break implementation this year. I would also suggest trying the player lock feature. I wrote about this some last night. After writing about it, I went back and locked in as Allan Ray and took 'Nova to Connecticut. It is a fun way to play, since you have to work off the ball, play D, grab boards, fill lanes on the break etc.

Even after having game a while I had not played at UConn. There arena is great in the game as always, and they look to be pretty good too.
Old 10-14-2005, 04:12 PM   #138
MVP

OVR: 12

Player lock sounds pretty cool. Can you create yourself as a walk on to a school and then use player lock? That would be pretty cool.
Can you switch player lock off and on? If your using player lock will your ai teammates run the plays according to what you select and pass/shoot at the by themselves or do you control that? So many questions, lol.

Last edited by Pratt75; 10-14-2005 at 04:14 PM.
Old 10-14-2005, 04:23 PM   #139
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratt75
Player lock sounds pretty cool. Can you create yourself as a walk on to a school and then use player lock? That would be pretty cool.
Can you switch player lock off and on? If your using player lock will your ai teammates run the plays according to what you select and pass/shoot at the by themselves or do you control that? So many questions, lol.
I locked on to the shooting guard. The other players will move and make decisions just like they do on the AI team. In a sense, it is like an AI vs. AI game, but with a human controlling one of the 10 players on the court. You do have a little of extra control though. If at any time you want the AI player on your team with the ball to pass to your player, just hit the pass button on your controller. If you want whomever holds the ball to shoot, just hit the shot button. So, you can instantaneously override what that AI player is doing.

I usually don't ever override, except to get them to pass to my guy every now and then. Otherwise, I just work off the ball to get open and hope they pass to me.

You can switch off player lock at any time during the game.

It's neat how it makes you part of a team and not in control of all 5 players. Takes the game (MM06) and gives you 2 ways to play it in a sense.

Yes, I believe you can create a player and use player lock feature on him.
Old 10-14-2005, 05:01 PM   #140
MVP

OVR: 12

Sounds pretty fun sparker. Thank you for all the info on it, I'm going to have to give this a shot. Like you said it gives you two ways to play it.
Old 10-14-2005, 06:09 PM   #141
MVP

dave360's Arena

OVR: 17

I'm finally starting to get the hang of EA basketball again, and like I said last night, short of there not being any auto-sub and the scheds not being correct, this is a great game. Every single one of my games has been a nailbiter (of course I'm using the Vols so that's understandable) and I'm having a blast with it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2005, 06:21 PM   #142
Rookie

rawdawg71's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
I just picked the game up last night rawdog. I wanted to get nba live but just like yourself I already have nba 2k6 so I opted to get MM06. I am trying to wait until the 360 comes out to get nba live but that won't have a franchise mode so that adds to my dilemma of which one to get. I played a few games of MM last night and I am enjoying the game. I didn't think I would like it the lockdown stick but it is pretty cool and I like the floor general and timeout menus as well. They are pretty slick. I barely touched last years game at all because the gameplay imo was to arcadey for my liking. The speed seems a bit toned down and it also seems a bit more difficult. So far I'm glad I picked this up. I just need a roster set so I can start my dynasty and then its on.

I'm glad you like this game!! I like it also!! simply because it's a Fun Basketball game!! MM 06 got its flaws!! But Nba2k6 got its flaws too!! and it's the best basketball game on the market(2k6)!!!! I had live 06 but 2k6 just kept calling me back where as live06 was just liveo6!!! Now that I have MM 06 I did'nt expect it to be this good of a game!! As always the game just needs Sliders and Rosters Tweaking!!! So I enjoy this game also Pratt!! good luck! on taking your team to the Big Dance!! ONE!!!!!!
Old 10-14-2005, 06:34 PM   #143
Rookie

rawdawg71's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
I noticed that last night when I went online. I was schocked that there was only five people actually online in the game but there was not one person in the lobbies. I've never seen a new game have no one online. Thats just crazy.

I think I know why!! NBA2k6, NBA2k6, NBA2k6!!!!!!!!!! But then again I could be wrong!!!!!!!
Old 10-14-2005, 09:31 PM   #144
MVP

sirjam's Arena

OVR: 15

I just wanted to thank you guys for the impressions. I did not like this game at first. However all you guys with the positive impressions made me check some more into it. After playing it some more I am seeing more breaks and strategy. The only bad thing is the graphics. If you can look past that its not bad.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball »