Home

March Madness 06 Impressions

This is a discussion on March Madness 06 Impressions within the NCAA Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2005, 01:22 AM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: March Madness 06 Impressions

Happy to keep the impressions coming, though please base your decisions on more of a weight of opinion from mutliple posters.

Just did some quick checking. They still don't have Vanderbilt's court right in the sense that the benches are along the baseline. Does any game have this right? Booted up St. John's vs. Indiana and the game was being played at Madison Square Garden, although the graphic said "Alumni Hall, Jamaica NY". To check whether or not a smaller team would be played at AH, I booted up St. John's against Indiana State and the game was still played at MSG, and the graphic still said AH.

Checked Gonzaga's venue. The graphic said "The Kennel" though that was nowhere printed on the court. I thought it was supposed to be. Also, do Gonzaga's goals hang from the rafters like Duke's. If so, the game is incorrect. They sit on the floor. I need a Zag to address these points.

I'll look for alternative unis.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2005, 01:30 AM   #66
Rookie

I figured the quickest way to check alternate unis was to take Duke to Wake. There was no interface for selecting jerseys pre-game (as in NCAA Football 06). Next, I went to "the Bookstore" and checked. There were no alternate unis in there either. Weren't there some in there last year, or am I thinking of something else?

Don't know what else to do on this one right now.
Old 10-13-2005, 01:36 AM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 3

yo when does the college bball season start in real life? and do u have xbox live?
Old 10-13-2005, 01:38 AM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 2

Got the game earlier today. Not bad at all. The player graphics are a bit bland, but the courts and animations are great. Fast breaks are top notch and the def stopper seems pretty balanced so far. The way some shooters come off picks and drain the j is nice. My fingers aren't as fast as they used to be, so I'm not sure how great the AI is just yet. I usually need abt a week to get used to the controls and such, before I can tell for sure.

The auto name feature is also nice. With the plays and scouting, the dynasty might have a bit more depth, but I'm not getting my hopes up...
Old 10-13-2005, 01:38 AM   #69
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenLivER
yo when does the college bball season start in real life? and do u have xbox live?
I think teams can begin practice this Friday. The release data (today) was a good choice. No, I don't have xbox live.
Old 10-13-2005, 01:41 AM   #70
Rookie

OVR: 3

o does alabama have there new unis, there posted in the real college basketball thread if u dont know what they look like
Old 10-13-2005, 01:50 AM   #71
Rookie

Just watched a tutorial video. Noticed a little bit more of the ice skating issue watching that vid that I've noticed playing actual games. I hope others will add to this with their own impressions (that issue has never been a huge one for me). I also noticed on that vid that St. John's was playing a Big East team on Carnesecca Court. So, I went back and booted up SJU hosting Providence. Madison Square Garden. Tried playing Quinnipiac. Madison Square Garden again. Don't know if it's possible to play at Alumni Hall anymore. Probably a good tradeoff overall though. Will leave that for SJU fans to decide I guess.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2005, 01:59 AM   #72
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenLivER
o does alabama have there new unis, there posted in the real college basketball thread if u dont know what they look like
I like the new jerseys. Just checked, and they weren't added. Looks like last year's are still there.

A couple more things for everyone. When I set the controller to the middle and just watch a game looking for ice skating, I will see more of it, though it still seems to have been improved from years past. When I play the game, I notice it even less.

I haven't mentioned how nice some of the new bounce passing animations look. There is more variety in all of the passing animations this year, and it all looks real good.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball »