Home

NCAA Basketball 2010 Review

This is a discussion on NCAA Basketball 2010 Review within the NCAA Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-22-2009, 12:01 AM   #105
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: NCAA Basketball 2010 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
Do you think it's worth's like $35 bucks so we can do some rosters?

Or does the gameplay and lack of limited dynasty mode options make it pointless to work or Classic teams?
i couldn't even find the classic rosters...are there even any in this year's game? i did them last year for the 360, and it took forever (my son helped me - he's 9 and had fun with this, probably more than i did - LOL!!). there were a lot of mistakes in the older rosters.

i know that you would do an OUTSTANDING job on the classic teams, but there isn't much different about the player styles that makes them separate themselves. as the OS review stated, the player models are much alike (in 3 different sizes: small, medium and tall)...many faces look alike and the style of their unique skills just doesn't have any differentiation. personally, i wouldn't waste time on this if i were you...

honestly, i'm just about ready to go back to CHoops 2k8...seryn is working on some rosters (it will take some time). this game just doesn't do it for me and i shouldn't have wasted the money.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2009, 02:16 AM   #106
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
i couldn't even find the classic rosters...are there even any in this year's game? i did them last year for the 360, and it took forever (my son helped me - he's 9 and had fun with this, probably more than i did - LOL!!). there were a lot of mistakes in the older rosters.

i know that you would do an OUTSTANDING job on the classic teams, but there isn't much different about the player styles that makes them separate themselves. as the OS review stated, the player models are much alike (in 3 different sizes: small, medium and tall)...many faces look alike and the style of their unique skills just doesn't have any differentiation. personally, i wouldn't waste time on this if i were you...

honestly, i'm just about ready to go back to CHoops 2k8...seryn is working on some rosters (it will take some time). this game just doesn't do it for me and i shouldn't have wasted the money.
Yeah there are no classic teams in the game this year. I was basically wondering how it play if I created Alumni teams using the existing default rosters to create all the players like I've done in NCAA Football the last few years.

It would have been great to have those teams replace the default teams but I guess with the gameplay and the inability to make players have different playing styles would defeat the purpose.

EA refuses to add old school players in Live and this game was my last resort to create Legend players but hey atleast i'll save me $60 bucks now after reading about all the sub par things in the game

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 11-22-2009, 08:07 AM   #107
MVP

deadlyCane's Arena

OVR: 17

Playmakers, I understand your complaints. But please, if you can find this game for rental do yourself a favor and give it a try before giving up on it. You might be cutting off the nose to spite the face. I can't speak for dynasty mode but simply on gameplay, presentation and atmosphere this is the best college bball game I've ever played. I started way back from the first EA days on Sega Saturn or whatever that system was. Then I became a 2K bball player after going through a period of not liking EA games. I'm glad I took the chance and picked it up. Give it a try, you might thank me.

BTW, someone posted info that the reason the game doesn't have classic teams is due to a lawsuit by former UCLA player Ed O'bannon. I don't know the truth but I do know they've been sued by a former football player as well.

MLB: Toronto Blue Jays
NBA: Toronto Raptors
CFL: Toronto Argonauts
NFL: Miami Dolphins
NCAA Football: Miami Hurricanes
NCAA Basketball: Miami Hurricanes
NCAA Baseball: Miami Hurricanes
Old 11-22-2009, 10:29 AM   #108
Redskins big 3

Vechi8's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlyCane
Playmakers, I understand your complaints. But please, if you can find this game for rental do yourself a favor and give it a try before giving up on it. You might be cutting off the nose to spite the face. I can't speak for dynasty mode but simply on gameplay, presentation and atmosphere this is the best college bball game I've ever played. I started way back from the first EA days on Sega Saturn or whatever that system was. Then I became a 2K bball player after going through a period of not liking EA games. I'm glad I took the chance and picked it up. Give it a try, you might thank me.

BTW, someone posted info that the reason the game doesn't have classic teams is due to a lawsuit by former UCLA player Ed O'bannon. I don't know the truth but I do know they've been sued by a former football player as well.
Well said dcane. No might about it, he will thank you
Old 11-22-2009, 10:53 AM   #109
MVP

GaryT531's Arena

OVR: 19
christian mcleod, my favorite os writer, thanks for the review.

I am sick of tired of EA's generic, repetitive, boring ncaa basketball and football games. SICK and TIRED people.
Old 11-22-2009, 01:40 PM   #110
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlyCane

I got some down time this week do to the Holiday, I'll take your advice and rent it for a few days and see if the final version is better than DEMO i played.

I also didn't realize Ed O'Bannon is the joker who had the Classic teams removed what an azzzz hole........

He never lived up to the hype so he wants to make some easy money now.

My only reason for even wanting to test the game is to create Create rosters of all old school players so I'll rent it to see if it's worth the $35 bucks that i would only have to pay to get it.

Thanks for the advice

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

Last edited by Playmakers; 11-22-2009 at 01:42 PM.
Old 11-22-2009, 01:46 PM   #111
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
I got some down time this week do to the Holiday, I'll take your advice and rent it for a few days and see if the final version is better than DEMO i played.

I also didn't realize Ed O'Bannon is the joker who had the Classic teams removed what an azzzz hole........

He never lived up to the hype so he wants to make some easy money now.

My only reason for even wanting to test the game is to create Create rosters of all old school players so I'll rent it to see if it's worth the $35 bucks that i would only have to pay to get it.

Thanks for the advice
If you can get it for $35 its a no-brainer. If had the chance to buy this game again I would. It plays waaaaaay better than it is given credit for.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2009, 03:13 PM   #112
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSKYWALKER1
If you can get it for $35 its a no-brainer. If had the chance to buy this game again I would. It plays waaaaaay better than it is given credit for.
I agree the review on this game was a joke. Of course it has a few flaws that probably still makes 2k8 the best ( non coference tournaments, all D-1 teams) but other than that this kicks 2k8 in all other aspects. The way the players run their offense, player movement is unlike anything in previous bb games. Whenthey finally get the deepness down in dynasty mode along with a few minor flaws this might be the only game I ever play. Great start EA!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball »