Home

Mustangs84/Community Roster

This is a discussion on Mustangs84/Community Roster within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2011, 04:31 PM   #49
Rookie

IUThor40's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Mustangs84/Community Roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by toriant86
The only problem I have with the speed rerate is that it doesn't take into account a players fastest recorded 40. A guy can have an average of 4.45, but clocked a 4.36 fastest time... How do you play that?
I don't want to speak for Mustangs, but an average is going to be the most reliable way to go. There are so many variables with 40 times. A guy might have run a 4.36 one time, but if he ran 10 times and 9 of those are 4.45's, then it is way more accurate to think the guy will continue to run a 4.45 than another 4.36. Those outliers don't take into account injuries that might have slowed a guy, weight put on that may take a step off, and other factors. Averages are the most mathematically sound way to go. And really, nobody "plays" at their 40 time. What you run in compression shorts and shirts simply won't be what a guy actually plays at. In the end, that's what this is about - game play.
Indiana Pacers
Old 09-06-2011, 04:47 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 1

Its funny how really the only complaints are for increased speed. Never for greater trucking, elusiveness, catching, etc. I've done rosters myself, and sometimes you have to look past draft scout when editing peoples speed. Examples: Mark Harrison and Jeremy Deering on Rutgers. Draftscout has their speed much too low, and you can see this when watching game tape. Harrison probably runs closer to the 4.38 he clocked at high school combines, rather than the slow 4.62 DS has him at.
Old 09-06-2011, 05:08 PM   #51
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

I don't know...color me simple, but I'm just thankful that Mustang is taking this project on. I don't care about every little speed nuance...he'll get them close enough. All the complaining that started getting thrown at CK and Carson really ticked me off. Bunch of nitpickers who would never do this for themselves...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2011, 05:08 PM   #52
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSpartans11
Its funny how really the only complaints are for increased speed. Never for greater trucking, elusiveness, catching, etc. I've done rosters myself, and sometimes you have to look past draft scout when editing peoples speed. Examples: Mark Harrison and Jeremy Deering on Rutgers. Draftscout has their speed much too low, and you can see this when watching game tape. Harrison probably runs closer to the 4.38 he clocked at high school combines, rather than the slow 4.62 DS has him at.
The hardest part for any roster creator using 40 times is that when players are in college they are usually outdated from combines and junior days and other camps. Like Taylor Martinez for instance. He was last clocked in the 40 his junior year in high school. Some schools post 40 times but they are usually on the high side and don't match what they normally do come combine.

Unfortunately there is no other way of judging, then on facts of previous 40 times so this is the safest way. There are going to be inaccuracies and I am sure if there is a drastic inaccuracy they will take it into account.
Old 09-06-2011, 06:22 PM   #53
Banned

peteykirch's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by schumj
The hardest part for any roster creator using 40 times is that when players are in college they are usually outdated from combines and junior days and other camps. Like Taylor Martinez for instance. He was last clocked in the 40 his junior year in high school. Some schools post 40 times but they are usually on the high side and don't match what they normally do come combine.

Unfortunately there is no other way of judging, then on facts of previous 40 times so this is the safest way. There are going to be inaccuracies and I am sure if there is a drastic inaccuracy they will take it into account.
The only grossly underrated speed problem I saw with Rutgers since I always use them was Brandon Coleman, he's 6'6 with 4.4 speed, so he shouldn't be stuck at 82 or 83.

Also I didn't check Miles Shuler who ran either the fastest or 2nd fastest 100M as a Senior in HS last year on the default EA roster I believe he had 90 speed.

Also I believe you need to take dreads off of DE Michael Larrow on RU. Swore last time I played last night he had them.
Old 09-06-2011, 06:36 PM   #54
Rookie

rymike7's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSpartans11
this is probably true for quite a few guys, whether the draft scout has them too high or too low, but you can't go thru every players game tape and watch them on film, we don't have access to every player, and that would take months and months anyways, so going by the forty time is the only way to go...and if you think certain guys are too slow or too fast in the game, change them yourself when you download the rosters!!!
for a few guys i am going to do that, but to be fair across the board with every player on every team, the way it's being done is the best way it can be done!!!
Old 09-06-2011, 06:39 PM   #55
Rookie

IUThor40's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
I don't know...color me simple, but I'm just thankful that Mustang is taking this project on. I don't care about every little speed nuance...he'll get them close enough. All the complaining that started getting thrown at CK and Carson really ticked me off. Bunch of nitpickers who would never do this for themselves...
Exactly. CK and Carson took way too much crap for creating something for the community that they didn't have to. Some folks don't remember the times before these community rosters when each of us HAD to go through and name the rosters on our own. Everyone should be required to do that before getting community rosters so they know how hard and how time-consuming it is.

Same to you Mustang, big props on the work. We do appreciate it.
Indiana Pacers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2011, 08:25 PM   #56
Rookie

odisn's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by schumj
First off great job so far. Keep it up, can tell the attention to detail in the depth charts. Noticed the following missing players or corrections:

NC State
- Missing LSU xfer Cameron Fordham not eligible till 2012.
Also, CB Rashard Smith has moved to the other side of the ball at WR. He appears to at least be ahead of Flowers, if not Flowers & Payton.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »