Home

NCAA Football 14: 2016-17 Roster Update (PS3)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 14: 2016-17 Roster Update (PS3) within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-18-2016, 02:13 AM   #3689
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NCAA Football 14: 2016-17 Roster Update (PS3)

ND will lose to USC this year
Old 08-18-2016, 02:19 AM   #3690
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HakeemDaBeast
ND will lose to USC this year
Possibly. Guess we will see. I'm a big fan of Ronald Jones, I think he's gonna be a ton. Juju's a stud and Adoree is pretty darn good too (as long as he's not facing Will Fuller)
Old 08-18-2016, 02:22 AM   #3691
Rookie

How do you make your logo show up when you post a message
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2016, 02:26 AM   #3692
Rookie

OVR: 1

Hey guys, great work on the rosters. I recently dusted this game off to give dynasty another go. Looking first at TCU, here are a few suggestions:

Players no longer on the official TCU roster: http://www.gofrogs.com/sports/m-foot...ootbl-mtt.html

Ryan Parker WR#2
Bryson Henderson DE # 72
Keshawn Somerville CB# 26
Torrance Mosley CB #2

I would replace them with

1. Brennan Wooten Fr QB #16- http://www.gofrogs.com/sports/m-foot...n_1003223.html
http://247sports.com/player/brennen-wooten-34620

2. Vernon Scott Fr CB #26- http://www.gofrogs.com/sports/m-foot...t_1003237.html
- Newspaper article with Coach Patterson discussing CB depth- http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/...e95825187.html

3. Darius Anderson Fr RB #6 (seeing as how Shaun Nixon is out for the year, he could get some touches since he's more shifty)
http://www.gofrogs.com/sports/m-foot...n_1002870.html

http://247sports.com/Player/Darius-A...titution=24859

4. Joseph Broadnax DT Soph #54 6'0 300lbs.
http://www.gofrogs.com/sports/m-foot...ax_953631.html
He was listed 2nd string on the post spring depth chart: http://www.espn.com/blog/big12/post/...ng-depth-chart

Finally, TE A.Lynn #88 is actually a Freshman http://www.gofrogs.com/sports/m-foot...n_1005096.html

Thanks for all the hard work!
Old 08-18-2016, 02:28 AM   #3693
Rookie

My College Football Division Predictions Thread

ACC Atlantic:
FSU
Clemson
Louisville
NC State
Syracuse
Boston College
Wake

ACC Coastal:
UNC
Miami
Duke
Pitt
VT
GT
Virginia

Big Ten East:
OSU
Michigan
MSU
PSU
Indiana
Maryland
Rutgers

Big Ten West:
Iowa
Wisconsin
Northwestern
Nebraska
Minnesota
Illinois
Purdue

SEC East
Georgia
Florida
Tennessee
Kentucky
Mizzou
South Carolina
Vandy

SEC West:
Bama
LSU
Arkansas
Auburn
Ole Miss
T A&M
Miss State

Big 12:
Oklahoma
TCU
Oklahoma State
WVU
Baylor
Texas Tech
Texas
KSU
ISU
Kansas

Pac-12 North:
Stanford
Oregon
Washington
Wash St
Cal
Oregon State

Pac-12 South:
USC
UCLA
Utah
ASU
Arizona
Colorado

Thoughts?
Old 08-18-2016, 02:40 AM   #3694
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by iversonfan13
Not mad at all about ratings? Didn't understand how non ranked teams were rated the same as top 10 teams among other things. And I never once said ND should be a 99. Very grateful for all the work these editors have done. Doesn't mean some editors might overrate teams in a conference (ex Arkansas) or overrate teams in general (LSU). Everyone is going to naturally have some kind of favoritism like I would with ND. So I was just asking for some clarification which was given to me about how overall ratings work. I personally just want to play the most realistic college football game and if ND were the worst team in college football I would want them to be that way in the game. That's why I brought it up in the first place.
Your ignorance is maddening.

Just go away. ND fans are very much content with their ratings on these games and exactly how is LSU overrated when they finally return more experience on both sides of the ball than almost any other program except maybe FSU. They are also favored in every single game according to Vegas (who is not bias). That includes against Alabama. They also have more players projected to go in the top 2 rounds in this upcoming NFL draft than any other school this year.. fwiw, coaching polls are not an indication of how a team should be ranked on a video game.. that's more of a respect factor for the coaches.. see Ohio St. they have no business being ranked that high, when if you look at the stats.. even last season LSU on par with them and LSU had a game cancelled.. and OSU returns ONLY 3 starters on both sides of the ball.. You can maybe make up for a lack of experience on offense, but it's brutal trying to make up for the defense with only 3 returning starters. The video game respects the actual talent in itself as well as experience and LSU has both. Does it mean LSU will win every single game this season? Absolutely not.. It means they have as much talent as anyone, and for once they finally returned elite Seniors.. something they haven't been able to do as most go Pro after their Junior season. LSU returns 18 starters, 9 on each side of the ball. Compare that to most teams and you'll see a signifacant difference. Alabama, Ohio St, LSU, and FSU are your top 4 recruiting classes of the past 4-5 years.. Go look at the avg rankings of the past 5 seasons.. and three of those have won a NC in the that time span.. and the difference for LSU this season is they finally return balance on both sides and are more experienced than they are use to. Heck they had 2 freshmen All-American linemen last season who did wear down towards the end, but should be much stronger. They also have one of the best linemen in the country in Pocic who is a possible first round grade. I assure you LSU is very much under-rated last I checked looking at the rosters.. Both receivers under a 90, yet both are projected in the top 2 rounds. There's no one on their roster that is over-rated.

Also, just for your ignorance.. When you see a team's offensive, defensive, and overall rankings on the screen.. that is just simply an indication of who is starting on the depth chart. If you made just one sub.. Say put in a different tight end.. it could bring an offensive ranking from say a 97 or 95.. all the way down to a 93 or even a 90.. depending upon the player.. So those are just an indication of who is starting.. and nothing more.. and there is WAYYY too much stock being put into those numbers.. especially when just one sub can completely change the number..

By the way, on our rosters for the Xbox 360 an Alabama fan did our LSU team and they are all 97's.. So get more informed.

And exactly what is your beef about Arkansas? I would love to hear that.

You seriously sound extremely ignorant on the matter and you are the bias one.

It's funny how people who scream and hollar about something are actually the very type of people they are screaming and hollaring about.
Old 08-18-2016, 03:21 AM   #3695
Rookie

CPmustangs75's Arena

Thanks to everyone for the welcome back and everyone who has been patiently waiting! Also thanks Muck for leaving me BYU much appreciate bro!

I am taking the file (Finally!)

EDIT: Finished with the file
Cal is now complete
Check: BYU has FB Brayden El Bakri

Duplicates
BYU QB Tayson Hill #7
BYU QB Beau Hoge #4
BYU QB Koy Detmer Jr #10
BYU HB Squally Canada #22

Punctuation
BYU QB Koy Detmer Jr.
BYU FB Brayden El-Bakri

Last edited by CPmustangs75; 08-18-2016 at 05:06 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2016, 03:27 AM   #3696
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by iversonfan13
I've edited many teams...just not in this forum. I completely understand the time and effort it takes. Still doesn't mean it isn't flawless. Again LSU is a 97 overall. Is that based on players potential or what? And if you're going off potential then a guy like Max Redfield for ND who is rated an 82 should be closer to a 95. He was a five star out of high school, has been starting since his freshman year and has been listed in as a first rounder in several mock drafts . Again he hasn't quite lived up to the hype but neither have a number of the LSU players with their high ratings. Unfortunately it's not that simple to rate players in the game which is where it leaves room for interpretation and discussion

Tell me exactly who on LSU you are having a problem with their ranking and what their ranking is?

Both freshmen linemen were high recruits who both were Freshmen All-Americans. They return.
Ethan Pocic the center is among the very best centers in the entire NCAA, and would actually make for a tremendous LT, but LSU prefers to keep him at Center.

That's 3 offensive linemen who are going to be rated highly. LSU last season, with all their success was still relying on 2 freshman starters on the line.. and against Alabama's ridiculous D-line, it eventually caught up to them and they were overmatched.. LSU still had tremendous success with a very young team.. and this season they are not relying on any inexeperienced linemen.. or freshman linemen..

They also have Fournette, arguably the best player in CFF, well-deserving of a 99 ranking.. considering McFadden was a 99 when the game came out years ago.. and Fournette's numbers completely Trump his.. and keep in mind, LSU missed a cupcake game to pad stats.

So Fournette is also backed up by another 5 star running back in Derrius Guice, who if you watched him.. looked every bit as impressive, IF NOT more impressive and he actually lead the team in YPC. So he's going to have a legit ranking.

Then you have one of the best FBs, John David Moore returning healthy, who all the commentators raved about being one of the best in the NCAA and a huge part of the running games success, who wound up getting injured last season.. and the backup struggled at times.. so now he's healthy and LSU has one of the very best fullbacks.

Then you have a Senior Tight End who actually caught double digit passes for LSU and they don't throw much.. on experience alone, he is going to have a decent rating.. and LSU's fullbacks are more utilized for their blocking. Keep in a mind. A team like a&m.. their leading TE caught 1 pass last season. Allen had more receiving yards than him.. and he was a QB..

So now you shift to the wide receivers.. whom don't even get many passes, but when they do.. they make the most of it.. Dupre, a 1st round grade, is a TD machine per ratio of attempts.. and Dural, a 2nd round grade, is an absolute YPC monster. In the Alabama game, Dural had only 2 catches.. and both were absolutely awesome. The first was a 3rd and forever from their own end zone that he split 2 defenders and went up and got the ball.. and the 2nd.. he absolutely abused their secondary for a TD.

You add just all that alone and you are going to have a pretty highly rated offense.. Regardless if you care for LSU or not..

Brandon Harris the QB, while you may assume is awful.. is actually coming off what should have been a 10 win first year starting season (cancelled game).. and he is on a better projected pace than say Mettenberger was when he first year started as a Junior.. So LSU finally has 2 upperclassman QBs for once, and both have starting NCAA experience. This PS3 roster actually has Harris too low, but that's okay. I'm not complaining. Many QBs make a natural progression heading into their Junior season.. Dake Prescott of MSU was not a good QB his freshman and sophomore seasons.. He exploded his Junior season.. Brandon Allen of Arkansas was an absolutely atrocious QB for his first 3 seasons! Down right awful. Harris has had better QBR than both in his short amount of time I believe. But regardless if you feel they will pass or be efficient.. LSU's offense on running alone is going to be a mid-high 90s grade.

Looking at last season alone, I will do YPG, because LSU had a game cancelled and would have had even more padded stats because it was a cupcake.

LSU rushing 257 yards per game
Ohio St 245 yards per game
Stanford 224 rushing yards per game
Alabama 200 yards rushing per game
Georgia 192 yards rushing per game

Okay so let's look at some passing

LSU 181 yards passing per game
Ohio St 188.8 yards passing per game
Stanford 211 yards passing per game

So not really much difference here.. and again Ohio St was loaded.. and lost so many.. but are you okay with them, or Stanford having a higher offense? you shouldn't.. according to who they lost and who LSU returns..

So now Total Offense..

LSU 437 total yards per game
Stanford 435.5 total yards per game
Ohio St 434 total yards per game

Now let me show you something.. and how experience + talent is as important as anything in College football as well as NCAA ratings

Alabama Returning starters: 7 offense, 5 defense
Clemson Returning starters: 8 offense, 3 defense
Michigan Returning starters: 8 offense, 6 defense
OU Returning starters: 7 offense, 7 defense
LSU Returning starters: 9 offense, 9 defense and no key losses whatsoever
Stanford Returning starters: 6 offense, 5 defense, they lost some key blockers
Baylor Returning starters: 5 offense, 5 defense
Notre Dame Returning starters: 5 offense, 5 defense
Ohio St Returning starters: 3 offense, 3 defense
Georgia Returning starters: 7 offense, 6 defense
Ole Miss Returning starters: 4 offense, 4 defense
Michigan St Returning starters: 3 offense, 6 defense

Hmm.. so please, get your ignorance out of here. And that's just talking offense. LSU and Ohio St had similar defensive stats, however LSU had an actrocious DC who often had the secondary out of position. LSU returns virtually all their starters on D and hires one of the best DC's in the NCAA..

Also another little tidbit about LSU's defensive line..

When DC Chavis left LSU, he had Brick Haley as the DL coach.. LSU under them both were dead last in the entire SEC in sacks.. absolutely AWFUL..

Coach Orgeron comes in and in his FIRST season, with a very thin Dline due to their lack of recruiting linemen and linebackers.. he takes LSU to tied for 3rd in the entire SEC in sacks.. They had a net of like +15 sacks in just his first season and LSU had as many sacks as A&m last season.. YET LSU didn't even get to play 1 extra cupcake game like everyone else.. And everyone thinks a&m has such a great D-Line.. but LSU had as many sacks.. AND.. LSU shut down the run far superior..a&m and their "great" defensive ends.. got absolutely ran all over.. A&m finished around last, if not last, in stopping the run in the SEC. LSU was somewhere in the top 4 or so.

Why do you spout so much ignorance on something you clearly know nothing about. Like I said, there is a reason Vegas has LSU favored in every single game.. doesn't mean they will win it it all.. shoot they could lose 3 games again.. but it speaks to the type of TEAM they have this season.. and they are as loaded as anyone.. and I didn't even speak on some of their returning elite defensive players such as lockdown corner, T. White, MLB Beckwith, S Jamal Adams.. all worthy of high 90's ratings, especially being upperclassmen.. all these starting players ratings are going to add up.. and no.. none of it is even based on "projections" It's mostly based upon stats and experience. So if you have a problem with LSU, I imagine Stanford, and Georgia, and others have high ranked teams as well.. but they shouldn't be higher ranked than LSU according to everything I have highlighted.. Especially when Georgia will probably be depending upon a TF QB.. who is highly talented but that's a lot to ask in this league.

Do me a favor. Go look at Walterfootball's current draft projections. He's very respectable and absolutely no homer. I agree though that any mocks are absolute crapshoots.. you have to wait until the NFL combine to be more accurate and that is where he is better as accessing things.. but still.. just speaks to another's thoughts on the talent at LSU..

This was as of 8 days ago

And that's just the first 2 rounds.. and doesn't even include a guy like MLB Beckwith, who is probably a 3rd round grade atm.

I'm sorry, but that type of talent starting is going to drive up an overall rating..

You don't just under-rate those guys at the expense of not caring for the team's stupid rating on a pre-game screen. It's fine if you want to try and lower them, but they are already very much lowered all things considered. The easiest way to lower a team rating on that stupid screen is to replace just one starter with a lower tier player.. and BAM.. they instantly go down.. If anything, last I saw, the players were possibly under-rated.. but I would never complain about a free community project that people dedicate so much time to. You can edit the ratings yourself.. that's really the easy part.. yet it seems to often be the thing people want to complain the most about.. That's really not a big deal and an easy fix..

And again, I want to reiterate that it doesn't mean they will win every game. I don't exactly expect them to.. because COACHING and SCHEDULE very much factor into these things.. but it speaks to the talent and experience as for the ratings.. and on a video game.. you kind of are the coach. You get to form the schedule, and you get to call the plays.

Seriously, your ignorance and your homerism is a shame. BTW, TheRosterMaster, whom is a huge ND fan, and has edited teams for years as well.. feels ND is rated properly.. and he actually thinks the offensive line is getting too much hype for their actual production..

So I'm just not sure what your problem is.

Last edited by cajunomics; 08-18-2016 at 03:52 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »