Home

NCAA Football 14: 2017-18 Roster Update

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 14: 2017-18 Roster Update within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-02-2017, 11:01 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NCAA Football 14: 2017-18 Roster Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidTheGreat20
Not official at all (basically just message board ramblings at this point) but I've seen recent rumors that Michigan will run more spread next year.

http://www.scout.com/college/michiga...spread-offense
Hey Boss you taking the file again tonight?
Old 02-03-2017, 12:15 AM   #18
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossHawgMichigan
Ya that was a pitch that they made to bring in Nico Collins. I imagine when we do go spread it will look very similar to Ohio State.

I already have 1.
Great. Is it universal for all editors or just you?
Old 02-03-2017, 12:29 AM   #19
MVP

BossHawgMichigan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookEmBoy13
Hey Boss you taking the file again tonight?
I am not taking the file tonight but I just got done working on Eastern Michigan. I am working offline then I just import my work to the latest file we have on OS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlands2
Great. Is it universal for all editors or just you?
I gave every editor a copy of all the stuff I have form testing and what not. The awareness for me kinda goes like this

FR = 50-69
SO = 59-78
JR = 69-85
SR = 78-99

It varies by player because sometimes you just have to sacrifice to get a player to fit into a certain overall.

Last edited by BossHawgMichigan; 02-03-2017 at 12:32 AM.
Old 02-03-2017, 12:48 AM   #20
Rookie

Quote:

I gave every editor a copy of all the stuff I have form testing and what not. The awareness for me kinda goes like this

FR = 50-69
SO = 59-78
JR = 69-85
SR = 78-99

It varies by player because sometimes you just have to sacrifice to get a player to fit into a certain overall.

Thanks for breakdown because I never saw a true scale and would notice very low awareness for some teams/guys. Awareness for all players and Arm Strength for QB (I know it subjective) are the things I care about for the rosters this year.

Thank you for explanation and breakdown.

Great SB weekend to all.

Last edited by redlands2; 02-03-2017 at 12:51 AM.
Old 02-03-2017, 01:02 AM   #21
MVP

BossHawgMichigan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlands2
Thanks for breakdown because I never saw a true scale and would notice very low awareness for some teams/guys. Awareness for all players and Arm Strength for QB (I know it subjective) are the things I care about for the rosters this year.

Thank you for explanation and breakdown.

Great SB weekend to all.
Ya I agree on the awareness 100%! When I watch the teams that I do with the right awareness they seem to attack and react way faster than some other teams.

QB throwing power is something I am really paying attention to now I never really did b4. I made that scale for accuracy based it off of the best single season completion percentage which I think belonged to Colt McCoy. Averaged it out and I think it comes pretty close to what most of the QB's actually are. Arm strength is really hard to gauge sometimes. I think the more teams and players you do the easier it becomes. I watch so much film on players that it makes me sick lol. The way I rate players every stat is attached to various other ones and I think that helps make the players play way more balanced. For instance a WR who is 88 in spd and a 90 in acc/agi but only is a 50 ish in elusiveness and juke/spin move. To me that makes the player incomplete and truly takes away from his ability to be a playmaker.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2017, 08:41 AM   #22
Rookie

will there be anybody that can convert these over to xbox360?
Old 02-03-2017, 10:51 AM   #23
Pro

hardcor2's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis06
will there be anybody that can convert these over to xbox360?
I should be able to again this year
Old 02-03-2017, 04:15 PM   #24
Rookie

The reason why I mess with you guys and really appreciate what you guys do personally and as group. You guys as group actually listen to feed back although you guys may not always agree or we may not always see eye to eye. In the end we all want the best gaming exp. I do not edit but most of the things I or others have brought up that are valid has been added. Separating the JUCO kids from Freshman is something mentioned for a while before it was added with this year rosters. I loved whomever brought up agility/elusive and accuracy scale issue this year because it made a great deal of difference.

I noticed the teams with respectable awareness they play a whole lot more realistic then the ones that do not. The awareness makes the QB, Offense and Defense game play so much smoother and better no matter what slide scale system you apply. A true awareness scale followed by all will make this years roster a lot better if all editors can apply it. It the trait most left out overall by the group although it has a lot in game play, simulation value and dynasty value.

QB throwing power is something else I think is really important to making this years rosters better along with a true awareness scale applied by everyone. Although it is subjective I feel a better middle ground can be made as group to address this issue because QB play is so important to game play. There is enough tape, video so people can see the QB who can throw the ball 40-60 yards in air with ease or cut the ball through the air vs the guys who ball float or hang in air.

Ex. Mich QB has above avg to plus arm. Bucks QB has fringe to avg arm just off eye sight. The rating services ESPN, 247, Rivals and others talk about the guys who guys arms to give a decent idea on freshman arms. They say enough about who has a big time arm, who can make all the throws although he does not have big arm, guys who can make most off the throws, guys with fringe arm and guys who have weak arms but rely on touch.

As someone who plays this game a lot and watches a lot of College football ACC, SEC, B1G, Big 12, Pac 12, Ind and group of 5. This year 16 roster is probably the most realistic game play. 16 really stood out to me over 14/15. The skill guys moved liked real skill guys. So with that said and in conclusion can the entire group come up with true awareness scale that everyone follows and can guys take the arm strength grade more serious. Thanks to all and understand with those who will disagree.

Quote:
Ya I agree on the awareness 100%! When I watch the teams that I do with the right awareness they seem to attack and react way faster than some other teams.

QB throwing power is something I am really paying attention to now I never really did b4. I made that scale for accuracy based it off of the best single season completion percentage which I think belonged to Colt McCoy. Averaged it out and I think it comes pretty close to what most of the QB's actually are. Arm strength is really hard to gauge sometimes. I think the more teams and players you do the easier it becomes. I watch so much film on players that it makes me sick lol. The way I rate players every stat is attached to various other ones and I think that helps make the players play way more balanced. For instance a WR who is 88 in spd and a 90 in acc/agi but only is a 50 ish in elusiveness and juke/spin move. To me that makes the player incomplete and truly takes away from his ability to be a playmaker.

Last edited by redlands2; 02-03-2017 at 04:53 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »