Home

NCAA Football 14: 2017-18 Roster Update

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 14: 2017-18 Roster Update within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-07-2017, 10:53 AM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NCAA Football 14: 2017-18 Roster Update

What does the play recognition rating do? I only ask because I see a lot of CBs in the high 90s. I am coming from Madden and I know what they do.

When a player has a high play recognition it means that there first step reaction to a run play is a lot faster. So why is it mostly DB's with high play recognition. Shouldn't it be mostly MLB's and SS's
Old 02-07-2017, 12:48 PM   #50
MVP

BossHawgMichigan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by motel08
What does the play recognition rating do? I only ask because I see a lot of CBs in the high 90s. I am coming from Madden and I know what they do.

When a player has a high play recognition it means that there first step reaction to a run play is a lot faster. So why is it mostly DB's with high play recognition. Shouldn't it be mostly MLB's and SS's
Its not really the 1st step that it affects its more of the following

Play recognition when deciphering which way to go such as in zone coverage. Which would seem like your 1st step but its not.

Closing ability it seems they have a better ability to close on the ball and recover from mistakes.

Zone/man coverage

My players awareness and play recognition are normally really close to the same. This coupled with a few other things makes players fly 2 the ball.

Ironically the thing that changes your 1st step most in this game is agi/acc.
Old 02-07-2017, 02:17 PM   #51
Rookie

Michigan State offensive lineman Thiyo Lukusa has quit the team, according to the Detroit Free Press. Lukusa played eight games last year as a true freshman and was projected as the Spartans' starting right tackle in 2017. He told the Free Press that he was longer passionate about playing football.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2017, 06:49 PM   #52
Roster Editor

vikesfan059's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cranderson95
I'd be glad to help out with the Pac 12 North and the AAC east. Also would be willing to work on NIU, toledo, and umass. I know BC is taken, but if any help is needed there let me know and il try not to be a total homer/biased.
We're not looking to expand the editing team yet but if we were, these are the criteria we look for:
  1. Primarily uses PS3
  2. Covers multiple teams we don't have a dedicated editor for (some overlap OK)
  3. Has already posted quality research/depth charts for proposed teams (NO Ouralds.com)
  4. Willingness to stay long-term
Accuracy is a big priority for us so we would be looking for someone that has proved themself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlands2
Michigan State offensive lineman Thiyo Lukusa has quit the team, according to the Detroit Free Press. Lukusa played eight games last year as a true freshman and was projected as the Spartans' starting right tackle in 2017. He told the Free Press that he was longer passionate about playing football.
A bit surprising since he was almost a shoo-in to start at RT. Can't blame anyone for hanging up the cleats if their heart isn't in it anymore. Better for Michigan St. to have this happen now than mid-season. It looks like it's Finley's job to lose now unless one of the redshirts step up.
Old 02-07-2017, 07:14 PM   #53
Rookie

Does the playbook changes come with the roster download?

Whenever I go to play now the teams just have their default playbook but in edit coach I can see which playbook is actually chosen.

Thank you for being so active.to questions.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Last edited by motel08; 02-07-2017 at 07:25 PM.
Old 02-08-2017, 12:00 AM   #54
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossHawgMichigan
Finished with the file for now.

Central Michigan is now complete.

I also went through and fixed all of the playbooks that would show up incorrect in the play now screen. It was kind of a pain looking back and forth so if a teams playbook is off please let me know so I can fix it.

Gamertag: BossHawgMichigan

Check: Michigan - WR - Oliver Martin - is # 82
Good job and let me guess WMU is next?😁
Old 02-08-2017, 03:20 AM   #55
MVP

BossHawgMichigan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by motel08
Does the playbook changes come with the roster download?

Whenever I go to play now the teams just have their default playbook but in edit coach I can see which playbook is actually chosen.

Thank you for being so active.to questions.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Ya the playbooks in the play now screen should match the coaches playbooks. When I went through quite a few teams they matched up. Can anybody else confirm or deny this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2017, 10:45 AM   #56
Rookie

Took a shot at updating the Toledo Depth Chart. See attached file(s). I've also included my suggested overall rating for each player (recruits are using the scale on the 1st post), these are just my suggestions to help ya'll. Feel free to change whatever is needed.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Projected2017ToledoFootballDepthChart.pdf (52.7 KB, 50 views)
File Type: doc Projected2017ToledoFootballDepthChart.doc (9.3 KB, 6 views)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »