Home

SECElit3's NCAA 14 Heisman Sliders - Built for Realism and Challenge

This is a discussion on SECElit3's NCAA 14 Heisman Sliders - Built for Realism and Challenge within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2013, 10:12 PM   #833
Rookie

The_Gaming_Disciple's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: SECElit3's NCAA 14 Heisman Sliders - Built for Realism and Challenge

I did some slider testing for myself.

I played as Penn State (me) vs. Alabama (cpu) at Beaver Stadium.

All sliders were at default except for Interceptions. Interception for AI was set to 100.

The game threshold speed was at 95. Game difficulty, Offense Varsity, Defense Heisman.

The game speed was set to very slow. Home field advantage was turned off.

All penalty settings were left at default.

I played the first quarter with CPU interceptions at 50.

I ran the exact same offensive play down the field for the entire first quarter. The play was Ace Normal Big, Curl Flats. I threw to the same exact WR (split end) on my left side.

What I noticed is that with CPU interceptions set at 50 my WR on the curl route consistently gained 10+ yards on every catch in man coverage with no pressure. The DB glitch was also apparent. The CPU defensive back would take two to three steps back, right before my wide receiver caught the ball.

In zone coverage, the defensive back would stay in their zone; however, I was still able to gain 10+ yards of offense.

In the second quarter I moved CPU interceptions all the way up to 100 while Human interceptions remained at 50. I ran the exact same play down the field, Ace Normal Big, Curl Flats, and threw to the exact same WR (split end) on my left side. The defensive backs, as well as linebackers in man coverage stuck to my players like glue. Every pass I threw was for an interception. I had time in the pocket consistently and noticed the DB's and LB's would move in front of my players while waiting for me to throw the ball. As soon as the ball was thrown it was intercepted.

In zone coverage, the DB's and LB's played their area and no interceptions were made when I threw to a receiver that was not covered. (WIDE OPEN)

I want to stress again. With CPU interceptions at 100. The CPU intercepted every pass. No drops.

What I have noticed, and concluded from this test is that the interception slider for the CPU controls how tightly the DB's and LB's cover their receiver. They remain with them step for step. I am not sure if this is only noticeable with a 95 threshold and very slow speed gameplay.

Please feel free to test, and give me your results. P.S. I am playing on the PS3.

Additionally,

With speed threshold at 95 and game speed set to very slow, the CPU QB, AJ McCaaron was 5/12 in the second quarter with 2:50 left in the half. He threw the ball away when pressure from the D Line came. He also overthrew and under-threw his receivers while not being pressured. He was sacked once and his longest completion was 12 yds.

Once again all sliders where left at default except for CPU interceptions at 100.

After the first half,

Christian Hackenberg was 8/15 - 53%, 105 yds, 0 TD and 6 Int. His longest completion was 16 yds and he was sacked 0 times.

AJ McCarron was 12/20 - 60%, 99 yds, 1 TD and 0 Int. His longest completion was for 23 yds and he was sacked 1 time.
Old 08-01-2013, 10:22 PM   #834
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrueToTheGame
Trying right now #16 FSU vs #14 UNC Will post stats when done.
Update I'm 5 minutes in Tied 7-7 UNC's QB (84 THA) is 5/5 103 yds 1TD Smh. . .

EDIT: I called it quits, I mean honestly I'm not that bad to the point where I should be getting shredded by an 84 accuracy QB this is crazy The score was 24-21 halfway through the second but come on this isn't even legit game needs a patch:/

Last edited by JrueToTheGame; 08-30-2013 at 02:10 PM.
Old 08-01-2013, 10:50 PM   #835
Rookie

OVR: 0
Just out of curiosity SEC, why raise the QBA to 20? I thought the problem most people are having(including me) is QBs are throwing at too high of a %.

I was just trying to figure out your thought process.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2013, 01:49 AM   #836
Banned

OVR: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSkins03
Just out of curiosity SEC, why raise the QBA to 20? I thought the problem most people are having(including me) is QBs are throwing at too high of a %.

I was just trying to figure out your thought process.
Because QBA more so than any other year affects the deep ball. I tested with various quarterbacks of various ratings. 20 presents under throws and overthrows from time to time, but the misses are more true to life. It also doesn't gimp the throw power as much as say 5 or 10. I also see less robo quarterback at higher settings than I do lower.
Old 08-02-2013, 08:15 AM   #837
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElit3
Because QBA more so than any other year affects the deep ball. I tested with various quarterbacks of various ratings. 20 presents under throws and overthrows from time to time, but the misses are more true to life. It also doesn't gimp the throw power as much as say 5 or 10. I also see less robo quarterback at higher settings than I do lower.
Sounds good. I will give it a try. Thanks.
Old 08-02-2013, 02:03 PM   #838
Rookie

OVR: 2

Just curious as to why you chose to change the sliders up from earlier on. I am using an earlier set that SECelite made before the 7/23 updates. I have made a few small tweaks of my own, but I am having no trouble with crazy passing stats, and overall the game is playing far better than any NCAA football game I have every played.

My biggest downfall to the sliders right now is that I am slowly tweaking it to make the CPU offense better. Passing is about right now, but I would like to improve their ability to run the ball a bit more. The other issue I have is that it seems impossible to outrun the defense and make a big play. Really thinking about trying something on All-American, but it would be awfully hard to go away from the gameplay that I have now, and not sure if it is possible to make it challenging enough.

The highest pass completion percentage I have given up has been 70%, but it was against Illinois who was running a good amount of screens which helped inflate their completion %. Other games I have held quarterbacks around 50-60%.
Old 08-02-2013, 03:35 PM   #839
MVP

tree3five's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by montesixpac
Just curious as to why you chose to change the sliders up from earlier on. I am using an earlier set that SECelite made before the 7/23 updates. I have made a few small tweaks of my own, but I am having no trouble with crazy passing stats, and overall the game is playing far better than any NCAA football game I have every played.

My biggest downfall to the sliders right now is that I am slowly tweaking it to make the CPU offense better. Passing is about right now, but I would like to improve their ability to run the ball a bit more. The other issue I have is that it seems impossible to outrun the defense and make a big play. Really thinking about trying something on All-American, but it would be awfully hard to go away from the gameplay that I have now, and not sure if it is possible to make it challenging enough.

The highest pass completion percentage I have given up has been 70%, but it was against Illinois who was running a good amount of screens which helped inflate their completion %. Other games I have held quarterbacks around 50-60%.
can you post your sliders or PM me? thanks

Last edited by tree3five; 08-02-2013 at 07:21 PM.
Old 08-02-2013, 10:28 PM   #840
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by montesixpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by tree3five
can you post your sliders or PM me? thanks
Yea I would love to see what you are running!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »