Home

NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders

This is a discussion on NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2013, 09:56 PM   #3201
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders

OP is updated, reflecting change from AA/Varsity to AA.

Offense: All-American
Defense: All-American
User v User: All-American
Coaching (not run/pass ratios): Not needed anymore.
Settings: Normal/Slow speed, 8-10 mins, HFA ON/OFF (personal preference), thresh 0
Penalties (important): Default except for Offsides/FalseStart/Holding @ 99; Facemask @ 54; OPI/DPI 65/65; IG @ 99; RTK @ 30

HUMCPU
QBA520
PBL1035 (65)
WRC2545
RBA45 (30)55
RBL1050
PCV7595
INT6045
RDEF3035
TAK3045

SPECIAL TEAMS: Thanks to Chino for his set up. Plese remember it is also down to personal preference, we all use different set ups.

User:
FG PWR -- 0
FG ACC -- 0
P PWR -- 25
P ACC -- 50
KICKOFF -- 0

CPU:
FG PWR -- 35
FG ACC -- 35
P PWR -- 50
P ACC -- 100
KICKOFF -- 50

Changes 9/7/13

AA/Varsity to AA/AA: Basically, I just could not get the game to play the way we want it with the CPU offense on Varsity. I was getting heavily defensive games - and then feeling like the CPU would just give up or not take advantage of weaknesses/errors I had made. Have to accept defeat, and move on - AA plays a solid game post patch - time to let go of pre-patch.

Thresh from 95 to Zero: I'll admit, I was reluctant to make this change because I had never seen issues with 95 pre-patch (seeing a theme here?), but I read feedback and it was consistent in terms of lack of big plays or YAC even. At zero, and with the settings in place, there is a bit more separation in terms of skill and ratings than before to allow those big plays to become possible.

OPI/DPI from 99 to 65: I started seeing a lot of over play by the defense and less reaction at 99 on AA. Primarily concerned with how the user defense played because the reactions were just not good enough.

CPU PBL from 65 to 35: Less time in the pocket results in quicker passes. On top of that, watching college football, you see the pocket "collpase" around the QB - but for a good team, the blocks are held. The issue I've had with a high PBL is when the OL just keeps the defender at bay with no effort - this shouldn't be the case. Seeing less bonehead scramble sacks as well; but QBs will throw the ball away if nothing is open.

HUM RBA from 30 to 45: Just a bit more acceleration from the RB on the draw plays was needed. This is personal preference, but to me it feels good - and still doesn't result in too many unrealstic broken tackles.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2013, 09:59 PM   #3202
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

quit changing everything and play the damn game already....LMAO
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 09-07-2013, 10:08 PM   #3203
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
quit changing everything and play the damn game already....LMAO
Never!!

Yeah, I know. It's okay though, Cowher - I feel better now that I'm not forcing something with the AA/Varsity. Was a bit bummed initially - but I do want to play; but realistically first.
Old 09-07-2013, 10:24 PM   #3204
Rookie

brown19's Arena

OVR: 2

sup matt, its mdgreat when are you going to be on twitch? would love to see your new slider set in action.
Old 09-08-2013, 01:08 AM   #3205
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Matt, thanks for your continued efforts. It is much appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2013, 02:26 AM   #3206
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by brown19
sup matt, its mdgreat when are you going to be on twitch? would love to see your new slider set in action.
Hey, Md! So sorry haven't been on twitch. Yeah I'm expecting to sneak in time tomorrow. We are out of town this week - so have been unable to broadcast successfully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
Matt, thanks for your continued efforts. It is much appreciated.
Thanks, Cardot. I do appreciate the words. The goal is to get the game to play how we see IRL, you know. I've had a lot of fun testing, and I'm not going to be satisfied until I see the things I want to see.

I know with this set up, in this thread, I've approached the game with a pretty open mind, and I hope to do so. I don't harp on it or post stats too often either because I'm not one to be like "I'm having an AWESOME game, plug in these sliders!". I believe in feel and proof on video - so despite all the changes, I know our theme is intact.
Old 09-08-2013, 01:45 PM   #3207
Banned

OVR: 5

Hey Matt how are your sliders doing in terms of Kick Returns and Punt Returns with the Zero Thresh? My one issue with the lower Thresh was I could basically bring any kick or punt return to the house with a guy that was fast enough.
Old 09-08-2013, 02:45 PM   #3208
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrueToTheGame
Hey Matt how are your sliders doing in terms of Kick Returns and Punt Returns with the Zero Thresh? My one issue with the lower Thresh was I could basically bring any kick or punt return to the house with a guy that was fast enough.
I do see the gaps open - but that's part of the process it seems. I think coaching sliders have a lot more to do with than just straight up threshold. Even on 95 thresh, the gaps were open. I haven't given much time to test though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »