Home

NCAA Football 14 Wishlist Outline

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 14 Wishlist Outline within the NCAA Football Wishlist forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-22-2012, 06:00 PM   #81
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: NCAA Football 14 Wishlist Outline

a few things I've been wanting to see and probably already mentioned here

1- There should be recruits that can enroll early like in real life when players enroll in January and practice in the spring. These recruits would get a 2-3 point upgrade on their overall as true freshman.

2- as head coach you should be able to hire and fire your coordinators. I am really dumbfounded that this was overlooked the last few years.

3- as others have stated I loved it a few years ago when players would get in trouble and you had to discipline them or end up on probation

4- if they ever go to a full 85 man roster you shouldn't be allowed to sign over that number and then just cut players to get to 85. I have a house rule with the current 75 man roster where you can only sing what you lose.

5- make it easier to find JC players on the recruiting lists
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2012, 11:51 AM   #82
MVP

canesfins's Arena

OVR: 17

I know it's probably been mention a ton of times already but homefield advantage and the college atmosphere at stadiums needs to be a bigger part of the game IMO.
Old 10-25-2012, 10:25 AM   #83
Just started!

RLKDragon's Arena

OVR: 0

Is it really that hard to get Northern Illinois' fight song in game? They have the songs of lesser teams in there, so why, In the 10 years I've been playing this game, have they never once attempted to procure it?

So yeah, I'd like to see them put that in for once.
Old 10-26-2012, 03:35 PM   #84
Rookie

OVR: 2

Penalties - Pass interference actually being called, Late hit penalties, Unsportsmanlike conduct penalties (especially diving into the endzone when the defender is so many yards behind you or showboating) which would result in the Touchdown being called back

1) Chain gang on the sidelines and also interactive sidelines like in All Pro Football 2K8

2) 10 Second Runoff Rule

Last edited by WackyD321; 10-26-2012 at 03:37 PM.
Old 10-28-2012, 08:05 PM   #85
Rookie

Just wanted to say what up, I use OS for most of my research and ideas, but just signed up to actual express my opinions.

Here's my list
Gameplay is overall really good, it's why we all continue to play, but it's the little things that will excell this game more than anything.

Most stuff I want has been said but repeats never hurt.

- Stadium atmosphere is number one, make crowds more than a background bring the college passion to life, make home field mean something
- The point system for coaches mentioned earlier, for uniform and stadium upgrades, or facility upgrades
- Scouting report each week to make a gameplan
- get a second announce team for most games and have ness led and herb street for the big games
- make a few different pregame opening so each game is not the same, and have college game day on campus if it's game of the week
- for the schools that don't have custom entrances, have a couple different entrances and have the option to adopt another schools entrance. As example utahs entrance is very similar to Miami, we do the smoke in the inflated tunnel, we also use the same "U" with our hands. I'm sure other schools have similarities as well that would at least pass if we don't have our own
- have the ability for black out, white out, red out, green out etc. make it something you choose when customizing your schedule if needed
- custom schedules should be like real life where you actually sign contracts with other schools, home and home, 2 for 1, etc. and on that note make neutral field games. And in neutral field games, make them neutral not home games for the first team with neutral colors in the stand
- make all bowl tie ins editable not just bcs games
- make the playoff system, obviously this will be added when NCAA allows it. And when it does let those who want to have the option to use the traditional bcs system
- get rid of heisman mode to free up space for other changes being requested. Most people play this game for online or simulation not for gimmick game modes

A few things in gameplay
- add a few trick plays like reverses, screen hook n ladders, etc.
- I like the animations comment someone posted, different running, throwing and tackle animations
- make different punt formations, and different punt block formations like flooding 1 side to actually allow punt blocks, I've never seen one blocked in the game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2012, 08:10 PM   #86
MVP

Fix the running animations and give the players some actual heft and weight. Game still feels like cardboard cutouts sliding around the field. Its like the players aren't really grounded. Play FIFA for great examples.
Old 10-28-2012, 08:14 PM   #87
Rookie

Forgot to mention, add created plays back in. It was in the game a few years ago, I'm not sure why they took it out, but with today's technology you should be able to make some very good plays, and maybe even some of the trick plays I mentioned above
Old 10-29-2012, 08:09 PM   #88
Rookie

B4lt1m0re Fan's Arena

OVR: 1

I don't feel like quoting all the ideas I like, so I'll just write my entire list here.

Bring these features back

>Violations - I'd be willing to bet that no team in NCAA history has ever had an entire season where no one violated any rules

>Recruit Stats - Bring back the stats like on the PS2 games. Not that stats say anything about a player's skill, but it'd be useful to know if a guy averages 8 yards per carry or 4.

>Stadium Atmosphere - It's ridiculous that playing at Alabama or at Toledo will result in the same effect on the gameplay. Not to mention that making the receiver's routes shaky is completely ridiculous since you just looked at them 5 seconds ago.

>Hot Routes That Don't Work - On the old games, if you called a hot route while the stadium was rocking, the receiver would simply not run the new route.

>FCS Schools - In the name of all that is holy, please. I'm tired of seeing 5 different schools play against FCS South during the same week. Not to mention these teams are TERRIBLE. I've never seen a game where an FCS school played within 20 points of an FBS school. Either do it right, or don't do it at all.

>Draft Classes - This was the only reason I bought Madden. I know it has nothing to do with NCAA, but that's $60 EA could be making.

New Features

>Showing the Recruit During His Visit - This is self explanatory. If you have a major recruit visiting during a game, show him during the game. Just flash to him in the crowd, maybe wearing a varsity jacket or even a sweatshirt, with his stats on the screen.

>Bring Major Players Back To Rivalry Games - How often do you see a major rivalry game (OSU vs Michigan, North Carolina vs Duke, Auburn vs Alabama) not feature former players in the crowd/on the sideline? I'm not sure if they can only feature former Heisman winners on the game, but even that'd be a start.

>'Kill the Clock' Option - I've never seen a game where the winning team kneels the ball with less than 40 seconds left and both teams just mosey about the field, waiting for the next play call.

>Post Game Celebrations - Anything would work. You upsetting the #1 team results in the same celebration as beating FCS East. Storming the field, carrying the coach off the field, or ANYTHING would be better than the current endings.

>Stadium Events - Schools have black outs, do this. Have the crowd all wearing black, except for the visiting fans in the crowd.

>Variable Weather - Not often does a game maintain the same weather throughout the entire game.

>Gradual Changes in Time/Sunlight - Time doesn't magically pass at the end of the quarter.

>Foreign Recruits - Canada isn't enough for me. I want to be able to recruit players from another continent. There are enough foreigners in the league for this to happen.

>Player Attitudes - Not all players react the same, yet in the game they do. You should at least be decide if a player is conservative (Gets up after a 1st down and returns to the huddle) or expressive (celebrates on the field).

>Post Game Interviews - You could do these like NBA 2K does, or even make it random. Show a reporter following the coach asking questions following a big win or loss with various answer types (arrogant, boastful, modest, etc)

>Players With The Same Number - Almost every team has it, just allow it.

>Video Highlights - Seeing an picture highlight of a game that is no longer accurate is useless. Maybe even feature a live look-in.

>Hire Your Staff - This is just obvious. If a coach leaves, don't just throw me some random guy.

Fix These Things

>More Uniform Options - I don't think this needs an explanation.

>Logical Heisman Winners - It's getting old seeing a player that obviously has the best stats in the game lose to a player of the same position with much worse stats.

>Challenges - These are just so bad that it's laughable.

>Blocking - Yes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist »