Home

NCAA Football 14 Wishlist Outline

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 14 Wishlist Outline within the NCAA Football Wishlist forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-29-2012, 04:33 PM   #49
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: NCAA Football 14 Wishlist Outline

Add back draft class as consumer we should have the right to that imagination of taking a freshman on NCAA and making him a star in the NFL..Add better cleats if its EA sports it should be in the game Less helmets more face mask..get rid of that silly looking tape for the cleats its to bulky and that somthin that hasnt change since the game has been out...Bring back the award ceremony for when you won the heisman perhaps a press conference like 2k12 I mean the key word when i think about EA SPorts I THink OF in the game and yall really slackin on whats in the game bring back the first down line and the line of scrimmage bring back when they use to highlight a few players before the game started we could care less about how a team comes out each game thats what taking all the memory i beg of you to add nike addidas and under armor apparel you have rights to the logos use it..the dreads are so unrealistic everybody dreads are not 10ft long and you should have a tied up style or let the dreads hang style
Old 09-29-2012, 05:17 PM   #50
Pro

jseward92's Arena

OVR: 14

There are a couple of things id like to see.
1. Bring back draft classes! I know Madden controls some of this but your both EA!
2. In Road to Glory put in TE/K/P into the positions you could be. I always liked being a kicker in maddens career mode. I think it was last done in 07? Way to long ago!
3. Let us add teambuilder teams into conferences without having to take a team out of that conference and getting rid of them. So basically allow us to add teams to the total that is already there.
Old 09-29-2012, 05:22 PM   #51
Pro

jseward92's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanenu
Must Haves
  • Schedules should have 12 games. Teams should NEVER schedule more than 2 FCS teams!
  • Injury Slider! How many seasons do I need to play with only one or two players missing more than one game.
  • Sacks are NOT negative runs!
  • Improve the Coverage AI.
  • Physics engine!
  • Neutral games are actually NEUTRAL rather than an arbitrary Home v Away
  • ALL stats have a bigger impact on the game speed is not the only factor of a football player! Route Running - Perhaps a player can run the wrong route, or impact how well a DB can cover. Catch in Traffic would go along with the addition to fight for the ball. Pursuit (Trash). If a player has high power move and high finesse how can they have a low block shedding rating? Or how can a player with a low strength have a high power move? In general make these other rating mean MORE and make sense!
  • · A few different levels of home field advantage as compared to one. Several levels of distortion, if its bad enough you can't audible, or it takes longer to call the play. Taking into account the quarterback's rating, coach's rating, stadium atmosphere, game situation. Audiences should be dynamic and important not just the same everyplace in every situation. More than ANY presentation improvement I want to see the crowds be a HUGE part of the Saturday experience!
  • 85 man rosters
Nice Improvements

• 105 man rosters
  • Off season camps! Gray-shirt? Actual position battles? If 2 players have similar ratings then have an off season battle the winner gets a bigger ratings boost in the off season.
  • WR/DB realistically fight for ball!
  • Adaptive AI! If I keep running and picking up first downs the defense WILL adjust to stop the run and therefore open up the pass/set up the play action.
  • Dynamic Difficulties. Changes to sliders based on my play. Team ratings would HAVE to be taken into consideration.
  • Top plays of the week. Top Performances of the week.
  • Roster Overhaul based on scheme. QB, HB, FB (If scheme included) WR, Slot Receiver (SR), TE, T, G, C. 3-4: DE (2), NT (1), OLB (2), MLB (2), CB (2), Nickel CB, S (2). 4-3: DE (2), NT (1), DT (1), OLB (2), MLB (1), CB (2), Nickel CB, S (2). Specialty: LS (Actual Position!), K, P, KR, PR.
  • Attitude Rating! Could go along with a school reputation grade. Your star QB had an off the field incident do you suspend him and lose him or let him play and lose your school's reputation grade? Or you recruit a dominate MLB who has a low attitude rating and in the 4th quarter of a big game takes a 15 yard personal foul penalty giving the other team 1st down.
  • Dynamic Rivalries.
  • Hire/Fire assistant coaches and/or assistants. Bring players who don't get drafted back as assistants?
  • Leadership rating! And the ability to name team Captains. Defense Captains + to pumping crowd. Offense Captains + to helping calm the Offense.
Cool Ideas

• GPA for each player. Way to improve your academic prestige rating, or get players suspended. Tied to your coach goals: Do you recruit that top prospect with bad GPA or do you recruit the good student who isn't as explosive?
  • Save player/coach's history
  • Coach ratings: Recruiting, Offense, Defense, People Skills (Promises, swaying players to stay with program), Likeability or Media Savy (+,- to job security), Teaching ability (Player growth), Interview (Coaching Carousel), Fundraiser (Ability to increase school grades)
Overall take the flare away and give us a solid game with meaningful improvements!
Actually sacks in college do count towards negative rushing yards. Where as in the NFL it doesnt count.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2012, 05:23 PM   #52
Just started!

OVR: 1

Hate to repost but it won't allow me to edit my last submission...

Must Haves
  • Sacks are NOT negative runs! Sacks are negatives to the passing game. They do not calculate a QB run that goes for a negative as a sack. So this should be an easy fix but it’s been this way for years! Thought that they’d have fixed this because of the play style grade this year but no luck.
  • Schedules should have 12 games. Teams should NEVER schedule more than 2 FCS teams! I hate seeing a team who is 5-6 in a bowl game or a 8-4 team who beat 6 FCS teams! Also with my custom conference setup only 1-2 games are scheduled in week 1… So Wyoming and Utah State ends up as the game of the first week? Really!? Just give us the ability to edit EVERYBODY’S schedule, even conference schedules. Sometimes the custom conference schedules don’t alternate properly year to year.
  • Injury Slider! How many seasons do I need to play with only one or two players missing more than one game.
  • A few different levels of home field advantage as compared to one. Several levels of distortion, if it’s bad enough you can't audible, or it takes longer to call the play, or they run the wrong play, take penalties for false starts or illegal formation (see Penalties). Take into account the quarterback's rating, coach's rating, stadium atmosphere, game situation. Audiences should be dynamic and important not just the same everyplace in every situation. More than ANY presentation improvement I want to see the crowds be a HUGE part of the Saturday experience! Like I’m actually on the field.
  • Penalties! Defensive holding or illegal use of hands, pass interference, late hits, unnecessary roughness, celebration/sportsmen like, helmet to helmet hit, ect… All of these are common penalties that are not in the game or in the case of pass interference almost NEVER called. This has been a huge omission from the games in past years. So much for “If it’s in the game it’s in the game.”
  • Improve the Coverage AI for the safeties! I don’t mind a blow coverage every now and then if the player is not highly rated but this is a code problem.
  • Physics engine! Maybe this will help the fact that defensive teams seam to react to the controller rather than the player on the field.
  • Physic defensive play calls it’s mystifies me how on 3rd and long the defense knows I called a draw play and have all their defensive linemen bunched together and safeties drawn in… Its 3rd and long most defenses are looking to stop the pass, and then when I audible to a pass they back off and the linemen spread out… are they hearing my play calls?
  • ALL stats need have a bigger impact on the game speed is not the only factor of a football player! Route Running - Perhaps a player can run the wrong route, or impact how well a DB can cover. Catch in Traffic would go along with the addition to fight for the ball. Pursuit (Trash). If a player has high power move and high finesse how can they have a low block shedding rating? Or how can a player with a low strength have a high power move? Maybe give the linemen a technique rating. Etc… In general make these other rating mean MORE and make sense!
  • Neutral games are actually NEUTRAL rather than an arbitrary Home v Away. Both teams should be treated as an away team.
  • 85 man rosters
Nice Improvements
  • 105 man rosters. Assign scout teams?
  • WR/DB realistically fights for the ball!
  • Off season camps! Gray-shirt? Actual position battles? Maybe make this part of player transfer screen. If you have a player who spent the season behind a comparable player on the depth chart they can ask you for an offseason competition or they will transfer. Presumably a competition means that each player is receiving half the starter’s snaps in the off season. So they both grow slower but the winner improves more and becomes the starter. On the other hand announcing a starter gives him more snaps a bigger boost but you risk losing your depth.
  • Attitude Rating! Could go along with a school reputation grade for recruiting. Your star QB had an off the field incident do you suspend/kick him out or and lose him or let him play and lose your school's reputation grade? Or you recruit a dominate MLB who has a low attitude rating and in the 4th quarter of a big game takes a 15 yard personal foul penalty giving the other team 1st down. Or a wide receiver who get an excessive celebration penalty after scoring. This would add another intriguing area to recruiting and CC.
  • Leadership rating! And the ability to name team Captains. Defense Captains + to pumping crowd. Offense Captains + to helping calm the Offense.
  • Dynamic Rivalries.
  • Hire/Fire assistant coaches and/or assistants. Maybe 10 coaches head, offense, defense, quarterbacks, running backs, receivers, O line, D line, Linebackers, Secondary. Bring some players who don't get drafted back as assistants? Want an assistant who has other better offers? Offer him control. Use his playbook, let him call plays, spend so much time recruiting his guys, let him pick starters etc…
  • Adaptive AI! If I keep running and picking up first downs the defense WILL adjust to stop the run and therefore open up the pass/set up the play action.
  • Dynamic Difficulties. Changes to sliders based on my play. Team ratings would HAVE to be taken into consideration. But would create a challenging game for every skill level.
  • Roster Overhaul based on scheme. QB, HB, FB (If scheme included), WR(2), Slot Receiver (SR), TE, T (2), G (2), C (2). 3-4: DE (2), NT (1), OLB (2), MLB (2), CB (2), Nickel CB, S (2). 4-3: DE (2), NT (1), DT (1), OLB (2), MLB (1), CB (2), Nickel CB, S (2). Specialty: LS (Actual Position!), K, P, KR, PR.
  • Off season choices. You’re the coach! So what do you want to focus on in the offseason? Teaching players (+ to technique skills), offseason conditioning (+to stamina, injury), offseason strength regiment(+ to some physical skills), extra scouting (get more scouting points for the offseason), extra recruiting (get more time in the offseason to finish recruiting), summer school (+ to GPA/Academic Prestige), getting student body involved (get more students out to the games), coach development (increase you and your coaches skills to increase), fundraising (Improve school facilities), Team building event (+ to leadership or awareness). Etc…
  • Announcers… I will leave this as make them better more in-depth more lifelike.
Cool Ideas
  • GPA for each player. Way to improve your academic prestige rating, or get players suspended. Tied to your coach goals: Do you recruit that top prospect with bad GPA or do you recruit the good student who isn't as explosive?
  • Save player/coach's history!
  • Coach ratings: Recruiting, Offense, Defense, People Skills (Promises, swaying players to stay with program), Likeability or Media Savy (+,- to job security), Teaching ability (Player growth), Interview (Coaching Carousel), Fundraiser (Ability to increase school grades). Maybe have coach identities are they going to yell at players who mess up? Are they going to be calm about big plays and bad plays? How does that impact different players?
  • Maybe have the opportunity to interview for positions. Say a job above your opens up you can make promises to try and get that job. Ex) Promise so many wins, promise to win conference. You can take your playbook or change to what the AD wants you to run.
  • Better sidelines, show the kicker warming up for the game winner, show the backup warming up as the starter is getting looked at the trainers. Show the coaches talking/yelling at the defense after they gave up a touchdown. Show the starters cheering on the backups who come in during a blowout etc.
  • When teams run no huddle I’d like to see QB's look to coaches over there more realistically and show the coaches doing stuff. Signs? No huddle offenses need to be fixed. They move TOO fast when running them.
  • QB's should show signals and call out signs, or blitz pick-ups. Show linemen calling out protections.
  • Give smaller schools some more detailed attention. Some smaller schools have great traditions that aren’t in the game but many students who buy this game are from smaller schools. For instance my school Colorado State we have a cannon at Hughes stadium, the band performs trombone suicide, the ram runs out ahead of the team all not in the game. They are making improvement finally they included the orange jerseys but I’d like to see small schools getting a little more love.
Overall take the flare away and give us a solid game with meaningful improvements!
Old 09-29-2012, 11:18 PM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 13

The coaching carousel definitely needs to be worked on. It's too big a part of the game not to be updated. Coaches with national championships should be having many job offers for their success. So If I were to win a NC, I shouldn't be getting OC or DC offers. That is just stupid.
There should also be different types of depth chart styles. If I were to run a power back option, there should be more emphasis on RBs and Tight ends. If I were to run the spread u would want more receivers. If I didn't want Fbs I should be able to remove that.
Rosters, come on now. The game has had 70 man roster for like 8 or more years. It's been more like 100 in real football with so many dressing. Update the dam roster.
Medical redshirts were in the game before so BRING IT BACK.
Fix penalties. I can't stand clipping calls being called for block in the back.
Blocking tendencies need to be seriously addressed. Offensive linemen a lot of the time will stand around like idiots. They don't seem to know who to block.

At Alabama, our players don't win Heisman Trophies. Our teams win National Championships.-Bear Bryant
Old 10-01-2012, 11:16 AM   #54
Rookie

pembo0630's Arena

OVR: 2

1) Stadium attendance needs to be vastly improved. It is simply not realistic. If there is a sparse crowd, it should be thicker near the middle of the stands and thinner in the high sections / towards the end zones. The way people are evenly distributed throughout the stadium is silly.

Just because you're a big school does not mean you should sell out or nearly sell out each home game. As Cincinnati, I've played UConn annually and they always have a great crowd (despite usually being well bellow 500). Syracuse and Miami Ohio also sell out with 1-5, 2-8, 0-10 etc records.

Not every bowl game should be a sell out. There should be visible student sections. The Away section should not be filled when a 1-9 team is visiting my 10-0 Bearcats. FANS SHOULD LEAVE THE STADIUM IF THERE IS A BLOWOUT! In 9 seasons with Cincinnati, I have been involved in over 70 blowout games and not once have I noticed a single fan leave. It's ridiculous.

2) You should have the ability to make additions & expansions to stadiums. Nippert field only seats 36,000, and after 3 national championships it is time for an upgrade.

3) You should have the ability to dictate what fans wear to games, choosing from your school's primary and secondary colors as well as the option of a whiteout.

4) This is the most ambitious one, and it will not happen until the next-gen consoles arrive. Have multiple broadcasting crews, a hierarchy of sorts that saves Nessler/Brad for the big games. I would also like to see Musberger in game.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:07 PM   #55
Pro

jseward92's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanenu
Hate to repost but it won't allow me to edit my last submission...

Must Haves

• Sacks are NOT negative runs! Sacks are negatives to the passing game. They do not calculate a QB run that goes for a negative as a sack. So this should be an easy fix but it’s been this way for years! Thought that they’d have fixed this because of the play style grade this year but no luck.
  • Schedules should have 12 games. Teams should NEVER schedule more than 2 FCS teams! I hate seeing a team who is 5-6 in a bowl game or a 8-4 team who beat 6 FCS teams! Also with my custom conference setup only 1-2 games are scheduled in week 1… So Wyoming and Utah State ends up as the game of the first week? Really!? Just give us the ability to edit EVERYBODY’S schedule, even conference schedules. Sometimes the custom conference schedules don’t alternate properly year to year.
  • A few different levels of home field advantage as compared to one. Several levels of distortion, if it’s bad enough you can't audible, or it takes longer to call the play, or they run the wrong play, take penalties for false starts or illegal formation (see Penalties). Take into account the quarterback's rating, coach's rating, stadium atmosphere, game situation. Audiences should be dynamic and important not just the same everyplace in every situation. More than ANY presentation improvement I want to see the crowds be a HUGE part of the Saturday experience! Like I’m actually on the field.
  • Penalties! Defensive holding or illegal use of hands, pass interference, late hits, unnecessary roughness, celebration/sportsmen like, helmet to helmet hit, ect… All of these are common penalties that are not in the game or in the case of pass interference almost NEVER called. This has been a huge omission from the games in past years. So much for “If it’s in the game it’s in the game.”
  • Improve the Coverage AI for the safeties! I don’t mind a blow coverage every now and then if the player is not highly rated but this is a code problem.
  • Physics engine! Maybe this will help the fact that defensive teams seam to react to the controller rather than the player on the field.
  • Physic defensive play calls it’s mystifies me how on 3rd and long the defense knows I called a draw play and have all their defensive linemen bunched together and safeties drawn in… Its 3rd and long most defenses are looking to stop the pass, and then when I audible to a pass they back off and the linemen spread out… are they hearing my play calls?
  • ALL stats need have a bigger impact on the game speed is not the only factor of a football player! Route Running - Perhaps a player can run the wrong route, or impact how well a DB can cover. Catch in Traffic would go along with the addition to fight for the ball. Pursuit (Trash). If a player has high power move and high finesse how can they have a low block shedding rating? Or how can a player with a low strength have a high power move? Maybe give the linemen a technique rating. Etc… In general make these other rating mean MORE and make sense!
  • Neutral games are actually NEUTRAL rather than an arbitrary Home v Away. Both teams should be treated as an away team.
  • 85 man rosters
Nice Improvements

• 105 man rosters. Assign scout teams?
  • WR/DB realistically fights for the ball!
  • Off season camps! Gray-shirt? Actual position battles? Maybe make this part of player transfer screen. If you have a player who spent the season behind a comparable player on the depth chart they can ask you for an offseason competition or they will transfer. Presumably a competition means that each player is receiving half the starter’s snaps in the off season. So they both grow slower but the winner improves more and becomes the starter. On the other hand announcing a starter gives him more snaps a bigger boost but you risk losing your depth.
  • Attitude Rating! Could go along with a school reputation grade for recruiting. Your star QB had an off the field incident do you suspend/kick him out or and lose him or let him play and lose your school's reputation grade? Or you recruit a dominate MLB who has a low attitude rating and in the 4th quarter of a big game takes a 15 yard personal foul penalty giving the other team 1st down. Or a wide receiver who get an excessive celebration penalty after scoring. This would add another intriguing area to recruiting and CC.
  • Dynamic Rivalries.
  • Hire/Fire assistant coaches and/or assistants. Maybe 10 coaches head, offense, defense, quarterbacks, running backs, receivers, O line, D line, Linebackers, Secondary. Bring some players who don't get drafted back as assistants? Want an assistant who has other better offers? Offer him control. Use his playbook, let him call plays, spend so much time recruiting his guys, let him pick starters etc…
  • Dynamic Difficulties. Changes to sliders based on my play. Team ratings would HAVE to be taken into consideration. But would create a challenging game for every skill level.
  • Roster Overhaul based on scheme. QB, HB, FB (If scheme included), WR(2), Slot Receiver (SR), TE, T (2), G (2), C (2). 3-4: DE (2), NT (1), OLB (2), MLB (2), CB (2), Nickel CB, S (2). 4-3: DE (2), NT (1), DT (1), OLB (2), MLB (1), CB (2), Nickel CB, S (2). Specialty: LS (Actual Position!), K, P, KR, PR.
  • Off season choices. You’re the coach! So what do you want to focus on in the offseason? Teaching players (+ to technique skills), offseason conditioning (+to stamina, injury), offseason strength regiment(+ to some physical skills), extra scouting (get more scouting points for the offseason), extra recruiting (get more time in the offseason to finish recruiting), summer school (+ to GPA/Academic Prestige), getting student body involved (get more students out to the games), coach development (increase you and your coaches skills to increase), fundraising (Improve school facilities), Team building event (+ to leadership or awareness). Etc…
  • Announcers… I will leave this as make them better more in-depth more lifelike.
Cool Ideas

• Save player/coach's history!
  • Coach ratings: Recruiting, Offense, Defense, People Skills (Promises, swaying players to stay with program), Likeability or Media Savy (+,- to job security), Teaching ability (Player growth), Interview (Coaching Carousel), Fundraiser (Ability to increase school grades). Maybe have coach identities are they going to yell at players who mess up? Are they going to be calm about big plays and bad plays? How does that impact different players?
  • Maybe have the opportunity to interview for positions. Say a job above your opens up you can make promises to try and get that job. Ex) Promise so many wins, promise to win conference. You can take your playbook or change to what the AD wants you to run.
  • Better sidelines, show the kicker warming up for the game winner, show the backup warming up as the starter is getting looked at the trainers. Show the coaches talking/yelling at the defense after they gave up a touchdown. Show the starters cheering on the backups who come in during a blowout etc.
  • When teams run no huddle I’d like to see QB's look to coaches over there more realistically and show the coaches doing stuff. Signs? No huddle offenses need to be fixed. They move TOO fast when running them.
  • QB's should show signals and call out signs, or blitz pick-ups. Show linemen calling out protections.
  • Give smaller schools some more detailed attention. Some smaller schools have great traditions that aren’t in the game but many students who buy this game are from smaller schools. For instance my school Colorado State we have a cannon at Hughes stadium, the band performs trombone suicide, the ram runs out ahead of the team all not in the game. They are making improvement finally they included the orange jerseys but I’d like to see small schools getting a little more love.
In college football sacks count as negative rushing yards. In the NFL sacks count as negative passing yards.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2012, 09:17 AM   #56
Rookie

pembo0630's Arena

OVR: 2

To continue, a lot of people want FCS teams. Hell, everyone in their right mind would agree that it would be awesome to start as OC for Delaware, move up to HC at Sam Houston State, then get your first big boy coordinating job at UTEP or SJSU. It would be epic, gratifying, satisfying, and unbelievably immersive.

That is simply not realistic for the time being.

#1, there is not a large enough market for the addition of division 1-AA schools. Yes, many of us on operation sports would love it. Many of us on Op sports are more 'hardcore' than casual, though. It would require a tremendous amount of work to be implemented properly (how many teams would be added? would their fight songs/traditions be included as well? what about their stadiums? A playoff would have to be scripted too...) It would be like an entirely new game. To be frank, I'm not sure if it could all fit on one disc. A download would solve this problem, but the design, scripting, and implementation of a feature casual gamers might not appreciate would take an incredible amount of manpower away from solving issues currently in the game.

I would love to see it. I am confident we will see it one day. That day, I believe, will be with the next generation of consoles. That way they can either include FCS teams on the disc or release them as a download (you could use a code in the manual of NCAA to get it for free). They will be able to do a lot of cool stuff once these shiny new consoles come out in a year or two. More processing power and improved graphic cards will bring a lot of changes to crowds, sidelines, players, etc, and I believe FCS schools will eventually be a part of that. I do not see ALL FCS schools returning in early implementation, but I am confident we will one day be able to play as the Colorado Christians of the world again by 2015-2016 (like we could over a decade ago).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist »