Home

This Needs to be Polled: how many are aware of the DB Glitch?I

This is a discussion on This Needs to be Polled: how many are aware of the DB Glitch?I within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Should EA place fixing the DB Glitch as their highest priority?
Absolutely - I can't play this game until it's fixed. 220 66.27%
I don't care as long as I can score easily and win. 27 8.13%
Shut up can I just have more uniforms? 85 25.60%
Voters: 332. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-10-2012, 09:10 PM   #81
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: This Needs to be Polled: how many are aware of the DB Glitch?I

And for those who say that people are purposely exploiting the game to make this point...then what do you say to guys like me who play coach mode and just call plays and the CPU exploits its own glitch? And yes the glitch is on every single level. I'm actually playing the game on FRESHMAN right now because it eliminates a lot of other junk and you can actually see KO and punt returns for TD's. But the glitch is there. You can do things to minimize or you can use created playbooks to eliminate the long ball altogether...but that makes the game stale to a point. I just do CPU vs CPU and Coach Mode b/c I can't force myself to play knowing the glitch is there and a point in time in the game may come where I need the long ball...only to know it's money. I won't do it.

It aint about busted coverages. Busted coverages should be based on awareness alone. Its not about inferior corners. Inferior corners should be based on CB specific ratings. It could be Deion Sanders or Champ Bailey on this game and it would not matter!

ITS A GLITCH MAN!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2012, 10:16 PM   #82
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
And for those who say that people are purposely exploiting the game to make this point...then what do you say to guys like me who play coach mode and just call plays and the CPU exploits its own glitch? And yes the glitch is on every single level. I'm actually playing the game on FRESHMAN right now because it eliminates a lot of other junk and you can actually see KO and punt returns for TD's. But the glitch is there. You can do things to minimize or you can use created playbooks to eliminate the long ball altogether...but that makes the game stale to a point. I just do CPU vs CPU and Coach Mode b/c I can't force myself to play knowing the glitch is there and a point in time in the game may come where I need the long ball...only to know it's money. I won't do it.

It aint about busted coverages. Busted coverages should be based on awareness alone. Its not about inferior corners. Inferior corners should be based on CB specific ratings. It could be Deion Sanders or Champ Bailey on this game and it would not matter!

ITS A GLITCH MAN!
Man, THP - I never thought about the coach mode with this. Completely slipped my mind. Must be worst for you guys because you can't execute house rules - as in not throw to the wide open guy.

This is similar in my dynasty report how I usually let the CPU use auto pass - and the obvious pass is the one that the QB will make; some of us just play in different ways than the traditional user v cpu; or even the online way of user v user.

Thanks for your post though, man - means a lot coming from you. Your findings on freshman are legit, and I've enjoyed some games on that level - but not with the db glitch rearing its ugly head ever so often.
Old 09-10-2012, 11:14 PM   #83
Rookie

Colt45's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucas005
It's not a great call by the OC. Like others have said it happens ALL the time. If this was only happening to true freshman dbacks with 55 rated awareness and 55 rated play recog than yeah maybe I could see this "indecisive" safety animation not being such a big deal. But go take on Georgia who have maybe the best safety combo in the nation and you'll get the same results. Heck, go jack up both of their ratings to 99 in all categories and the bug is still there. This isn't great play calling, game planning, beating the defense with superior offensive players. It's a straight up game killing bug.

I'm not trying to be argumentative with this. Like Matt stated we just really want this game to work because it's so damn close to being a truly great NCAA football game. To finally being this close only for it to be unplayable because of this is so frustrating.
No, I know that this is totally an issue. I'm just saying that on this one particular play, it was a good thing. Because it used to be that you could NEVER throw it deep because the CPU would always be on top of everything (and even if they weren't, they'd zip right to the ball no matter where they actually were on the field.

Again, I'm just saying on this particular play, everything went as it should. If you are doing this multiple times, because of your play call, then I don't know that anything can be done about it.

The bigger problem is when things just totally break down and are set up faulty from the very start. I totally know there is a problem. I throw for 8000 yards and 25 TDs a game against the computer because of it.
Old 09-10-2012, 11:30 PM   #84
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt45
No, I know that this is totally an issue. I'm just saying that on this one particular play, it was a good thing. Because it used to be that you could NEVER throw it deep because the CPU would always be on top of everything (and even if they weren't, they'd zip right to the ball no matter where they actually were on the field.

Again, I'm just saying on this particular play, everything went as it should. If you are doing this multiple times, because of your play call, then I don't know that anything can be done about it.

The bigger problem is when things just totally break down and are set up faulty from the very start. I totally know there is a problem. I throw for 8000 yards and 25 TDs a game against the computer because of it.
I can see what you're saying, Colt. I agree and disagree in some areas - but it doesn't matter. What I notice in that video is that it STARTS to look good (second part of my video if you see the backpedalling) but then turns into the DB glitch by the hard sprint towards the sidelines (notice, not angled into a zone, but head on into a receiver) but then back to the area to cover; then back again to the glitch lol.

It's the second parts of my video - the right way - that I love to see. If only there could be more of that back pedal then turn, instead of the turn right away and then the "oh crap" come back, then sprint again.

It's like the players are doing wind sprints the entire game - with no end in sight
Old 09-11-2012, 12:15 AM   #85
Rookie

BigSteveTN09's Arena

OVR: 3

can we fix it?
NHL - Predators
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2012, 12:31 AM   #86
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSteveTN09
can we fix it?
We cannot. They (EA Sports) could if they wanted to. We thought we had it fixed when Ark had posted the thread about HC Sliders to ensure the gameplan would stay balanced.

However, no matter what we do - the CPU changes our gameplan and their gameplan to aggressive with will. There is no way to control this (especially in no huddle).

Even if the gameplan aggression is one factor towards the glitch; I believe there are more factors contributing towards it. Even if the aggressive gameplan was put in place, the animations would still garner some recovery plan - and not a full on sprint to nothing or no one.
Old 09-11-2012, 12:59 AM   #87
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

OVR: 40

What pisses me off about this glitch is that it is partially due to a stupid gimmick, the gameplanner. It is a neat idea in theory, but not necessary for playability and it is COMPLETELY ruining the game. I loved this game when I first got it and thought that it was the best NCAA game I'd played in years ... then I started noticing the DB glitch. It completely ruined it for me.

I like to play with WVU and run the air raid offense, but that is impossible in this game as half the plays in Holgorsen's playbook are de facto cheese plays. In my first season of my dynasty, I easily threw for 350-450 yards per game with Geno Smith using Matt10's Heisman Sliders and finally just gave up. It wasn't worth it.

To the person that said that you can only complete ~50% of your passes deep, you are correct. However, that is WAY too much. WAY too much. That means that all I theoretically have to do is sit back and chuck deep balls on every play and I'm pretty much assured to score given three or four downs to work with. In real life, completion percentages for deep balls are much lower and, in addition, quarterbacks don't make that pass unless the opportunity is there. The opportunity is almost always there in this game.

The issue with the deep ball is also compounded by the fact that every damn quarterback in college football is apparently the next coming of Aaron Rodgers. Off-target passes are pretty much nonexistant. The passes are either deflected, dropped, intercepted, or caught. There's very little in between (unless the QB is getting hit while throwing the football).

And, to continue my rantings and ravings, one must also consider the QB screen issue, which EA "fixed" by simply making it so that the CPU threw less screen passes, while not FIXING the issue that the CPU never throws the ball on screen passes. How the hell does EA get that wrong in the first place and why they hell do they attempt such a lazy solution?

The screen issue is not a gamebreaker as much since the patch, since the CPU calls less screens, but it still pisses me off in regards to the "method" they used to "fix" the issue.

I don't know if there was a glitch, per say, last season, but NCAA 12 also had huge problems containing the deep ball.

Hell, for that matter, last-gen NCAA games were AWFUL at covering the deep ball, though at least there wasn't a real glitch. I don't know what EA's problem is with this issue.

Did NCAA 11 have problems with the deep ball? The graphics for NCAA 11 are still pretty good and all, so I may have to think about going back to that. Well, either that or Madden 13, but it looks like CCM is a disaster as far as the CPU rushing game so far and I prefer college football, anyways!
Old 09-11-2012, 04:32 AM   #88
Rookie

cubsfan128's Arena

OVR: 4

Just a quick question, has this been happening since the game released? or did it start happening after one of the patches? thanks!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »