Home

2017-18 Rosters for NHL 2K10 PS2 (End of Season Rosters)

This is a discussion on 2017-18 Rosters for NHL 2K10 PS2 (End of Season Rosters) within the NHL 2K Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K > NHL 2K Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-05-2018, 01:46 PM   #1
Rookie

WWEDX2007's Arena

OVR: 0
2017-18 Rosters for NHL 2K10 PS2 (End of Season Rosters)

Hello! Some of you have been following my topic on me working on a 2018 roster update for NHL 2K10 PS2, Well. the time has come. the modern teams are in a playable state.

Included in the attached file are two folders, one for use in uLaunchELF/Free McBoot (modded PS2), to use it. simply put it on a Flashdrive. launch uLaunchELF and copy and paste the folder from mass to mc0 or mc1. go into the game, load the rosters and play.

The other folder is for Action Replay MAX, which (of course) you'll need AR Max for. to use it, put the file on a flash drive, load up AR Max and go into Max Memory, go into the Drive, copy it to your memory card. Uncrush it, delete the Crushed file. put in NHL 2K10, load the rosters and play.

Information about my rosters:

• This is a 2017-18 End of Season Roster Update, all transactions made. Players' ages, equipment, captaincies and stats (within the game's limitations) are accurate as of February-March 2018.
• Vegas Golden Knights and Winnipeg Jets are in as Created Teams.
• All retired players from teams are zeroed out (So nobody signs them in Franchise/Season) and placed in Free Agency, Players who are currently playing in other leagues are also zeroed out, as I feel it's not realistic to have a player under contract with another league available to use.
• Clarke MacArthur, Dave Bolland, Joffrey Lupul, Johan Franzen and Marian Hossa are zeroed out and treated as retired players, this is because of my belief that they will never play hockey again (per news sources)
• No player on any current roster has Enforcer status, this is because of how it affects stats. I'm also not sure what players in the league have reputation as Enforcers.
• 27 Historic Teams including 1 Historic National team have had players' names added and heights/weights/ages adjusted using Phil Parent's guide/Wikipedia/Hockey Reference as a source. I aim to have all Historic teams named in the future.
• Two extra Created Teams exist, known as Menufaces A and Menufaces B respectively, these teams exist to give you extra players without menu faces (Not using an existing player's menu photo) in case I reach the Created Skater limit, for some reason I did reach the Created Skater limit a few months ago and then after some roster work it allowed me to create skaters again.....I don't know why this happens. but these extra teams exist as a backup plan in case I reach the limit again.
• Wayne Simmonds has his correct skin color, in the default game he didn't. I don't know why this was but it's fixed now.

Current flaws:

• A shortage of AHL'ers with 2-way contracts as well as a shortage of Free Agents. it's something that I need to work on. Free Agents below 71 OVR are something I haven't updated yet. so you will likely find some retired players/other leaguers there.
• A lot of team's overalls are....."samey", this is because of how the players are rated. I'm not quite sure what I could do to rectify this other than completely revamping how players are rated.
• Actual game flaws cannot be helped: For example, I can't change 2K-made skater's facial hair, this leads to numerous current players not resembling their current likeness but rather their 2008-09 likeness. Also, when creating a goalie with handedness set to Left, the game will switch it to Right. It's strange, but it's fixed by going to the Rosters menu and changing it back.
• All non-2K created players have average sizes, this is for consistency. due to some of the 2K sizes of players seeming....silly, at a later point I'd like to adjust them to be more accurate by player.
• Some players' likenesses are off, because the Created Skater menu not keeping facial hair settings, I'd like to fix this at some point.

As a final disclaimer, If anything were to happen to me or the time comes where I go inactive, you have my full permission to edit this roster to your liking. I encourage this anyways! because I think the help of some veteran 2K players could help me with stats/what certain stats do and general accuracy.

Credits/Special Thanks:

OperationSports, for being an amazing community. I wish I had joined years ago!
tinpinalley, austrianredwing and snowdrift, for their contributions to the community and encouraging me to continue on with this and finish it off.
Phil Parent, for his NHL 2K7 Historic Team Renaming guide, helped me know who was who on the retro teams.
Simple Mathematics, for his NHL '18 Revamped Rosters spreadsheet, it gave me sources on stats. something I'm admittedly not good at.
Hockey Reference and Wikipedia for their helpful information, the rosters wouldn't be possible without them.
Google Images for giving me pictures of players for reference which I needed to determine the most accurate equipment by player.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Roster18.zip (568.7 KB, 166 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2018, 02:02 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: 2017-18 Rosters for NHL 2K10 PS2 (End of Season Rosters)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWEDX2007
Included in the attached file are two folders...
Amazing, man. Realy well done. I had already played an earlier version of your rosters while you were going along and they were already great. I applaud your determination and drive to finish. No need whatsoever to thank me, I've done nothing other than to encourage you. Glad you finished. It's always useful when we get another game updated because that opens the door for years of more play and more options for those looking to some of the best games ever for sports playing.
Thanks again. This is a great roster for a great game.
Old 04-24-2018, 11:48 AM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Information about my rosters:
I just played a game with your rosters. Really nice work. Very thorough. Just working on a set of sliders for myself.
A few things...
- I tried to play Vegas at the T-Mobile Arena and the game froze on the loading screen
- So, not ALL the Classic teams are named, right? I saw the 93 teams were still nameless. Are those the ones you were leaving until later or have I got the wrong file?

Other than that, I really appreciate the work you did. This game really is a lot of fun. It's a shame people miss out on it.
Old 04-24-2018, 09:30 PM   #4
Rookie

WWEDX2007's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinpanalley
I just played a game with your rosters. Really nice work. Very thorough. Just working on a set of sliders for myself.
A few things...
- I tried to play Vegas at the T-Mobile Arena and the game froze on the loading screen
- So, not ALL the Classic teams are named, right? I saw the 93 teams were still nameless. Are those the ones you were leaving until later or have I got the wrong file?

Other than that, I really appreciate the work you did. This game really is a lot of fun. It's a shame people miss out on it.
Vegas isn't supposed to crash, that's strange.

Classic Teams aren't finished yet, I hope to officially finish them in the future.
Old 04-25-2018, 12:43 AM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Vegas isn't supposed to crash, that's strange.

Classic Teams aren't finished yet, I hope to officially finish them in the future.
Not a problem, obviously, on the classic teams. Your rosters are amazing enough.
As for Vegas, I'll give it a go again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2018, 08:33 AM   #6
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

How have I missed this project? Wow, stick tap to ya buddy! Awesome job.

Now, can we somehow take this roster file and convert it into a 360 file? Or since its a PS2 file is that not possible?

I mean if so, NHL 2k10, with historic rosters and updated rosters? Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat....
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 04-25-2018, 08:46 AM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
Now, can we somehow take this roster file and convert it into a 360 file? Or since its a PS2 file is that not possible?
I mean if so, NHL 2k10, with historic rosters and updated rosters? Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat....
Well, firstly, PS2 to 360 isn't likely to work the 360 game and the PS2 game were completely different engines, but also the 360 version of 2K10 doesn't have classic teams.
Old 04-25-2018, 09:28 AM   #8
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinpanalley
Well, firstly, PS2 to 360 isn't likely to work the 360 game and the PS2 game were completely different engines, but also the 360 version of 2K10 doesn't have classic teams.
I figured since 2k10 didn't have the classics on 360, then it wouldn't on the ps2 version LOL. Thought somehow he was able to add them from being hidden or something. Bah!
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K > NHL 2K Rosters »