Home

Starting over - roster edition

This is a discussion on Starting over - roster edition within the NHL 2K Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K > NHL 2K Rosters
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-18-2021, 04:35 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: Starting over - roster edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers9911
I had some time today to do a few teams. I'm stopping at Minnesota- this is actually quite fun in a way to go through and retool...
I'll bet. It will be enormously helpful in the future for sure. I just wish there was a way to wipe out incorrect names. You can if you edit the name itself. But that bugs me way way more than seeing the wrong face.

What's the issue with 2K10 with having a really fresh roster? Is it that there is simply no way to just release all the players with faces and make as many players as we need even if they have no play by play name?
Old 01-18-2021, 05:38 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

Great work Rangers!! Any question. This roster will include new teams with updated shirts, or only Vegas and Winnipeg?
Old 01-18-2021, 06:44 PM   #11
Rookie

rangers9911's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinpanalley
I'll bet. It will be enormously helpful in the future for sure. I just wish there was a way to wipe out incorrect names. You can if you edit the name itself. But that bugs me way way more than seeing the wrong face.

What's the issue with 2K10 with having a really fresh roster? Is it that there is simply no way to just release all the players with faces and make as many players as we need even if they have no play by play name?
I’m trying to get appearances as close as I can. A couple of them I’m quite proud of- it isn’t easy haha. I hear you regarding PBP names, wish there was a way currently. Maybe in the future we can bribe Nike to take a look again at 2k10.

Quote:
Originally Posted by molifox
Great work Rangers!! Any question. This roster will include new teams with updated shirts, or only Vegas and Winnipeg?
Molifox- I’m not sure. That is something I am going to decide when I have finished all 31 teams. Right now, I have too many teams to get through that I can’t fathom duplicating those with different jerseys currently. Maybe once that time has come we can collaborate again if I opt not to. Would you want to do that if I decide not to?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2021, 07:21 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 10

I think once the rosters are finished, one could make the optional custom teams if one wanted but I don't know how often people have actually used them over the past few years. I know molifox likes having the latest uniforms. I guess it depends whether you prefer to SEE an attempt of the latest uniforms or hear the team names. I prefer hearing the team names. It's a question of preference so maybe something for each person to decide? But I can tell you that Vegas as an additional custom team for sure. That way I can do my replacement moves to get teams in the right conferences. Although this year, it would be difficult to split the 4 divisions into the 6 divisions in the game.

Nevertheless, should people want the uniforms for certain teams, I'd be willing to have a look at them like I did two years ago to get the right colour combinations. I think it's with 2K8 that I got the actual Pantone colour codes to pick the exact colours.
Old 01-19-2021, 09:22 AM   #13
Rookie

Quote:

Molifox- I’m not sure. That is something I am going to decide when I have finished all 31 teams. Right now, I have too many teams to get through that I can’t fathom duplicating those with different jerseys currently. Maybe once that time has come we can collaborate again if I opt not to. Would you want to do that if I decide not to?

Yes. Of course. I think The best idea at this time is that I stop updating my 2k10 rosters and wait for yours and then if you want I make the custom teams.As long as I finish the rosters for NHL 2K8 and maybe 2k6. Two rosters for 2k10 at this moment for X360 is wasting time
Old 01-19-2021, 10:04 AM   #14
Rookie

rangers9911's Arena

Mol, I’d say update the 360 roster you have going. I have no idea when I’ll be done with this and I think it’s important for the community to have that option for the time being
Old 01-19-2021, 11:14 AM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Mol, I’d say update the 360 roster you have going. I have no idea when I’ll be done with this and I think it’s important for the community to have that option for the time being
Ok well. I will continue the work with 2k10, but really i have many illusion with your new rosters :-)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2021, 04:10 PM   #16
Rookie

rangers9911's Arena

My hope is to get it done and current for this season or at least by the end of the year. With that goal in mind, I personally will not be including any custom teams except for Vegas. Molifox, I’ll leave the custom teams in your hands when this is done. I have to keep my scope of work narrow for this particular undertaking. I’d love to input the AHL but that’s another time and place. Tin, I may need your help with colors for Vegas, I’m actually pretty colorblind

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K > NHL 2K Rosters »