Home

Old 05-07-2012, 09:15 PM   #8817
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Battlefield 3

You ever think you see an enemy in the very far off distance, you do turn to square up and get a shot on them, and BOOM, they shoot you dead.

haha...it's like if you have to do a double take on an enemy, it's already too late.

Keeps you on ur toes.
Old 05-07-2012, 10:08 PM   #8818
MVP

MrChainsaw's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by cranes74us
Sounds good guys, we should have an OS night for sure.
I tried to jump in the game with you and koolie last night when you sent me the invite but it put me on the other team and both teams were full. Then koolie killed me a few times and I rage quit.

PSN: FREExBEER
Old 05-08-2012, 01:42 AM   #8819
Legal Advisor

jwilphl's Arena

OVR: 12

What is this Dart glitch I've been hearing about? Is it just instant kill now? I went up against some Level 100 guy running around with it and I would just drop after a single shot each time. Figured it was the new USAS w/ frag rounds. And despite the patch supposedly nerfing shotguns, they still drive me nuts.

I admit it is annoying having to relearn the game after every patch. At this point I think I'm there, but one of the lingering complaints I have is the now relatively useless foregrip. It was a useful attachment before but now it seems pretty worthless to me. I find it incredibly difficult to shoot with LMGs now unless I'm using a bipod.

On the bright side I finally have started using the MAV and I love that thing haha.
Old 05-08-2012, 01:50 AM   #8820
Legal Advisor

jwilphl's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenoob
I've been quitting a ton of games for this reason. I don't think it tells you how many tickets in the server settings, and I'm most certainly not playing 800+tickets per team. 100-200% is perfect for me. Too many games end up one side spawn killing another team so I end up switching over with my squad as soon as they start leaving.
I'm not too big on the all the custom servers, either. For Rush the mode's balance is essentially predicated on the default number of attacker tickets. Adding more tickets completely undermines the balance and means defenders are needlessly screwed. And sometimes those long TDM and Conquest games just drag and need to end. Occasionally it is a nice mixup, but not map after map.

The map rotations are also quite poor, I find. Most of the servers are setup the exact same way and there are probably a few maps I have not played at all since the patch.

Team balance is also harder to come by. One server I was playing on, the admin was moving all the colonels to one team and non-colonels to the other. I haven't been so lucky getting on strong teams lately as most games are completely one-sided.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:11 AM   #8821
Dog
aka jnes12/JNes__

Dog's Arena

OVR: 60
Here's how I know I've gotten better for sure

Playing against mike and his friend (dalk2_hk?) and I went like 7-2 against both of them in one game

Before when I played against the other guy he nemesis'd me and I couldn't even touch him

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2012, 09:16 AM   #8822
MVP

PaperBoyx703's Arena

OVR: 22

Here's my newest upload, Teasing a new series I'm am adding to the channel content, hope you enjoy!

YouTube: TBD
Old 05-08-2012, 12:16 PM   #8823
So long to a Legend.

ANDROMADA 1's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwilphl
I'm not too big on the all the custom servers, either. For Rush the mode's balance is essentially predicated on the default number of attacker tickets. Adding more tickets completely undermines the balance and means defenders are needlessly screwed. And sometimes those long TDM and Conquest games just drag and need to end. Occasionally it is a nice mixup, but not map after map.

The map rotations are also quite poor, I find. Most of the servers are setup the exact same way and there are probably a few maps I have not played at all since the patch.

Team balance is also harder to come by. One server I was playing on, the admin was moving all the colonels to one team and non-colonels to the other. I haven't been so lucky getting on strong teams lately as most games are completely one-sided.
This is the main reason I retired this game. It wasn't worth the time anymore.
Old 05-08-2012, 02:29 PM   #8824
All Star

mikenoob's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog
Here's how I know I've gotten better for sure

Playing against mike and his friend (dalk2_hk?) and I went like 7-2 against both of them in one game

Before when I played against the other guy he nemesis'd me and I couldn't even touch him

Ehh, I don't know about that one. We both just jumped on and that was our warmup game. He ended up freezing though at the end of the match and came back on an hour later. I liked that first encounter when you killed both of us on Firestorm A. I ran directly behind him so I had no idea you were even there as we just spawned. I couldn't even react as I just see him drop and then you killed me straightaway as I was basically lined up right behind him.

Kidding aside, like I said months back, You, TMagic, and whoever else I mentioned have definitely improved from what I remember in the early days of BF3.

You were pretty close on dark's name. It's DaI2K_HK, basically just swapped the 2 and the k.

I was feeling a match of Jac, Dark, and myself against team colonels, but my entire team quit and it had to auto balance.

Last edited by mikenoob; 05-08-2012 at 02:34 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »