Home

Brewers League Baseball (OOTP League) is Hiring

This is a discussion on Brewers League Baseball (OOTP League) is Hiring within the OOTP Baseball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > OOTP Baseball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-23-2007, 01:56 AM   #65
Banned

dkgojackets's Arena

OVR: 73
Re: Brewers League Baseball (OOTP League) is Hiring

Ah the # sign. I had two open spots on my 40 man after releasing two duds eligible for arbitration and just sorted my entire organization by age to see if there were older minor league guys with any potential, then I put the best two on.

Thanks for the help, don't think there's anyone of consequence that I'd lose to rule 5.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2007, 02:00 AM   #66
Legend

Shaver's Arena

OVR: 27

Yeah, if they aren't studs, no one would take them since they have to stay on the BLB Roster all season. I've taken one guy in 3 years. The drafts usually aren't too big. I think last year was the biggest because of the expansion teams.

Check out my BLOG - Remodeling Clay

Follow me on Twitter: @RemodelingClay
Old 12-23-2007, 10:07 AM   #67
Banned

dkgojackets's Arena

OVR: 73

Oh I didn't know they had to be on the BLB roster. I doubt any of my guys get picked.
Old 12-24-2007, 12:28 AM   #68
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

Does Andrew monitor the Rule 5 picks by making sure they stay on the 25 man roster?

And a question that I often wondered. After one season on your 25 man, you can then do whatever you want with a Rule 5 draft pick, right?
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Old 12-24-2007, 04:14 AM   #69
--------------

dieselboy's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeePride_YP
Does Andrew monitor the Rule 5 picks by making sure they stay on the 25 man roster?

And a question that I often wondered. After one season on your 25 man, you can then do whatever you want with a Rule 5 draft pick, right?
I think the game itself monitors it. And yes, after the one season is over, you can do whatever you want with the pick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay_OS
Yeah, if they aren't studs, no one would take them since they have to stay on the BLB Roster all season. I've taken one guy in 3 years. The drafts usually aren't too big. I think last year was the biggest because of the expansion teams.
Sometimes you can find hidden gems in the Rule V. Before your time, in 1979, I had a HUGE Rule V draft.

Round 1: SP Cristofor Villazon, of Windy City. My scouts have him at 5-4-6, and he is just 27 years old. He had two seasons with about a three ERA, and this year he had a 2.94 ERA, with 188 Ks and only 179 hits in 217 IP.

Round 2: SP/RP Oliver Ganesvoort, of Maine. In 1980, he was nothing special for the Bats. In 1981 I sent him down to AAA where he did really well. And in 1982, he had a 2.34 ERA in 50 IP. Also he has an "Extremely Popular" rating for both local/national.

Round 3: RP Joe Jaureguy, of Maine. He pitches in 70 games a year, with a three ERA, and usually leads all my relievers in innings.

In 1980 I drafted two RPs, a SP, and an OF. They were all "ok." I think I traded every single one of them during that season. So I did get "something" for them.

In 1981, it was my birthday, and I missed the draft.
Old 12-24-2007, 04:19 AM   #70
Banned

BunnyHardaway's Arena

OVR: 36

I picked up Frank Davis in the 2nd round of the 1980 Rule V, and he's been a stud setup man/closer for me.
Old 12-24-2007, 09:47 AM   #71
Legend

Shaver's Arena

OVR: 27

I'll be making a pick or two this year. Antonio Neill is the only RULE 5 guy I've ever taken.

Check out my BLOG - Remodeling Clay

Follow me on Twitter: @RemodelingClay
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2007, 10:05 AM   #72
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay_OS
I'll be making a pick or two this year. Antonio Neill is the only RULE 5 guy I've ever taken.
My best Rule 5 guys were:

Eddie Taylor - Career 2.31 ERA in 63 games out of the Maine bullpen. Has become my most reliable lefty reliever despite the scouts not being that high on him.
http://www.simgamingnetwork.com/blb/...ayer_1681.html

Tim Crump - Had a great 1st season as my backup C in the majors but a horrible 2nd season. With Kubota flying through the minors, Crump will probably head back to AAA.
http://www.simgamingnetwork.com/blb/...ayer_1749.html

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > OOTP Baseball »