Home

Making the Leap From MLB The Show to Out of the Park Baseball

This is a discussion on Making the Leap From MLB The Show to Out of the Park Baseball within the OOTP Baseball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > OOTP Baseball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-30-2019, 03:31 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Making the Leap From MLB The Show to Out of the Park Baseball

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWPump23
*Yes, franchise mode is crazy awesome in OOTP but OOTP’s gameplay rivals PONG...

I wouldn't go that far.

I guess it depends on what you define as gameplay.

To me, making strategic moves is gameplay. Just like in a empire-building game like Romance of the Three Kingdoms or in a lot of respects Total War when not in PvP.

I'm not controlling how each individual soldier in my army fights, I'm controlling the composition, the resource management, the strategy, the leadership that will go into that army's performance on the field.

OOTP is a baseball version of that.
Old 04-30-2019, 03:19 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I don't remember the first OOTP I bought. I haven't been with the franchise as long as many here, but I've been playing it for sometime now. Once they added the 3D on field stuff I've loved the game even more. I am someone that really gets immersed more with visual representation of what is going on and the 3D gave me that. I haven't bought The Show for 2 years now and a big part of that is OOTP. While The Show continues to change the minimal amount with their franchise mode, OOTP already offered huge amounts of depth and customization for the franchise. They continued to make strides yearly and I just don't see myself going back to The Show until their franchise mode can match the depth of OOTP.

― Plato
Old 04-30-2019, 04:01 PM   #11
Rookie

beastmode2013's Arena

OVR: 0

I really hope sports titles take a cue from OOTPD and continue to push their games, instead of getting fat and happy with only monetized gambling modes. I would love for developers to soon be able to support and create more complex games and give us
Quote:
Out of the Park: The Show
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2019, 05:10 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 4
i really want to get into it but as a newcomer i find it very daunting to get started !!
Old 04-30-2019, 08:09 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastmode2013
I really hope sports titles take a cue from OOTPD and continue to push their games, instead of getting fat and happy with only monetized gambling modes. I would love for developers to soon be able to support and create more complex games and give us

Well, OotP has added Perfect Team to the game which is similar to Ultimate Team. Also, OotP probably doesn't make close to the same type of money the bigger name sports games do. I'd say part of that is being PC only. Part of it is not having any traditional on-field gameplay. I do wish every sports titles out there had a franchise mode as deep and feature rich as OotP at the minimum, but they focus on their Ultimate Team modes for a reason.

― Plato
Old 04-30-2019, 08:47 PM   #14
Rookie

dukefan123a's Arena

OVR: 0

So I bit the bullet and bought OOTP 20. I've been an avid player of MLB the Show and enjoy Franchise Mode the most, making trades, drafting prospects and trying to rebuild teams.

For those that are familiar with the game, what would you recommend I do when I start? Is there a franchise mode you can jump right into? Any suggestions that you think would help me dive into that simulation experience and help me learn the game would be great.
Old 04-30-2019, 10:06 PM   #15
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4
I’ve been playing OOTP for probably 5 years or so. I have always liked it but never got too deep into it. I always felt a disconnect just simming games and it’s way too much work to play all the games out. Ultimately I just didn’t ever feel very connected to my team.

This year however I figured out a way that has me way more invested. Instead of just playing the games or just simming through time quickly I go into the “play games from league schedule” section, check hide scores then do a quick sim and then watch highlights. I get to experience my team this way and because I hide score I don’t know how the game is going to unfold. It’s also not anywhere near as time consuming as playing out full games. It’s really helped me care more about my team and the players.

Last edited by CujoMatty; 04-30-2019 at 10:09 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2019, 10:11 PM   #16
MVP

bravesfan1984's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CujoMatty
I’ve been playing OOTP for probably 5 years or so. I have always liked it but never got too deep into it. I always felt a disconnect just simming games and it’s way too much work to play all the games out. Ultimately I just didn’t ever feel very connected to my team.

This year however I figured out a way that has me way more invested. Instead of just playing the games or just simming through time quickly I go into the “play games from league schedule” section, check hide scores then do a quick sim and then watch highlights. I get to experience my team this way and because I hide score I don’t know how the game is going to unfold. It’s also not anywhere near as time consuming as playing out full games. It’s really helped me care more about my team and the players.
Thanks for sharing, great idea!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > OOTP Baseball »