Home

Anyone else enjoy doing yard work?

This is a discussion on Anyone else enjoy doing yard work? within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 01-22-2018, 09:14 AM   #57

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Anyone else enjoy doing yard work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh Tendrils
What kind of bugs?
Any in general, but main ones I'd care about are gnats, ants, and those longer ones with a few dozen legs.
Old 01-22-2018, 09:35 AM   #58
Strike Hard and Fade Away

Fresh Tendrils's Arena

OVR: 51

I would suggest researching online or going to your local garden center to see what plants would be best suited for your region to combat annoying insects.

Old 01-22-2018, 11:18 AM   #59

Majingir's Arena

lol great....
https://stoppestinfo.com/repel-plants.html
Quote:
Here the plants have no power as well. Centipedes can only be eliminated with the help of insecticides, sticky traps, and dust, and no repellents will be helpful!

There's so many different kinds to choose from, don't know which is more effective than the other since everyone has their own opinions. Might just have to try abunch and see which works. Luckily one that some sites seem to mention is basil, so that can still serve another purpose if it doesn't work.
Old 01-24-2018, 12:31 AM   #60
Hall Of Fame

l3ulvl's Arena

OVR: 26

I enjoy doing yard maintenance at my mom's house because they're out in the country and I don't have to worry about being accosted by neighbors, I can just do my thing and help Mom out. Plus they have a decent size yard and it makes me smile to look back on the full spectrum after the work is done and feel like I've done well.

plus, who doesn't love the smell of fresh cut grass?

edit: whoops, this is the first time I checked this thread and had no idea the fresh grass scent had already been brought up multiple times, oh well

Last edited by l3ulvl; 01-24-2018 at 12:39 AM.
Old 04-21-2018, 12:05 PM   #61

Majingir's Arena

Gotta get a head start this year on getting rid of "unwanted visitors". Gotta stop them from everything like digging up yard and "marking their territory" in exact same spots every time.

Easy solution is to get a dog lol. People around me all got dogs, and obviously "mark their territory" all around the yard, so it basically diverts all animals towards mine like an airport runway.

I've tried homemade solutions, products like Critter Ridder and other things, but none seem to work at all.

Even looking on a site like home depot, the stuff they have all have bad reviews.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2018, 07:03 PM   #62
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Just finished getting my first real yard work done. Grass cut, dead bushes and flowers removed. Grass seed and weed killer set.

Hell of a workout but worth it

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 04-21-2018, 07:18 PM   #63

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
Gotta get a head start this year on getting rid of "unwanted visitors". Gotta stop them from everything like digging up yard and "marking their territory" in exact same spots every time.

Easy solution is to get a dog lol. People around me all got dogs, and obviously "mark their territory" all around the yard, so it basically diverts all animals towards mine like an airport runway.

I've tried homemade solutions, products like Critter Ridder and other things, but none seem to work at all.

Even looking on a site like home depot, the stuff they have all have bad reviews.
You just need better neighbors. It sucks if they let their dogs do their business on your yard (I have to deal with it too).

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Just finished getting my first real yard work done. Grass cut, dead bushes and flowers removed. Grass seed and weed killer set.

Hell of a workout but worth it

I started last week. Cleaned the pond and pulled all the weeds we could but today was even nicer so I was able to clean the pond again in more favorable conditions (a better week coming up), cut the grass and planted some new grass seed to cover the spot my dog claimed.

I was hurting last week until Wednesday. Can't wait to see what this week brings lol.
Old 04-21-2018, 07:47 PM   #64
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Anyone else enjoy doing yard work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
You just need better neighbors. It sucks if they let their dogs do their business on your yard (I have to deal with it too).

I started last week. Cleaned the pond and pulled all the weeds we could but today was even nicer so I was able to clean the pond again in more favorable conditions (a better week coming up), cut the grass and planted some new grass seed to cover the spot my dog claimed.

I was hurting last week until Wednesday. Can't wait to see what this week brings lol.

Yeah I won’t be mobile until next weekend when I plan on doing more work.

Glad to finally get seed down. I have same issue with dog claiming spots but thankfully it’s not anywhere near house and is at back of property line so not too visible

Think I’m going to cut back some of shrubbery that lines the creek in the backyard.

I still have to get lawn furniture out of garage and put out. May do that tomorrow if not too sore lol

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

Last edited by countryboy; 04-21-2018 at 07:49 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »