Home

Official MLB Power Pros 2008 thread!

This is a discussion on Official MLB Power Pros 2008 thread! within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-03-2009, 04:34 PM   #465
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: Official MLB Power Pros 2008 thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke776
Yes, the ps2 version has lock on batting. You can go into the options tab(which is right before the game, where you can choose to edit your lineup also). In there you can change the hitting to lock on if you want, you can choose between lock on 1-5, best try and normal.

I've been thinking about playing my "My Life" file again, because I was having fun dominating, it may not have been the most realistic because I absolutely owned but it was very very fun.

I play the game on and off sometimes, it's a love hate relationship between me and this game. The only times that I dislike it is when I take it too serious.
I'm such an idiot I never scrolled down in the menus to see more options...lol.

I never played my life much. I'm going to do some roster edits and maybe start a season. I like how it plays a great game of baseball in under 30 minutes or less.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2009, 07:00 PM   #466
MVP

duke776's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcons2003
I never played my life much. I'm going to do some roster edits and maybe start a season. I like how it plays a great game of baseball in under 30 minutes or less.
I love that about this game too, the games only take around half an hour. I've played so many games between 07 and 08 combined, I actually played most of two seasons in 07.
Old 06-03-2009, 08:53 PM   #467
Pro

Quote:
I love that about this game too, the games only take around half an hour. I've played so many games between 07 and 08 combined, I actually played most of two seasons in 07.
Nice.

What are some of the things that make you hate the game at times like you mentioned earlier?
Old 06-03-2009, 09:21 PM   #468
MVP

duke776's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcons2003
What are some of the things that make you hate the game at times like you mentioned earlier?
It got sort of boring after a while, that probably had to do with me playing so many games in it, usually with the same players(which is why I actually created a whole team of fictional players).

The computer never seemed to manufacture runs, and most runs came off of homeruns.

I spent way too much time editing the rosters when I should've just played the game, this is one of the biggest problems I had with the game. There were a lot of peoples who's ratings were completely wrong IMO, and I just kept looking for people to fix when I probably would've never noticed it anyway.

I took it too seriously, not sure how to describe it, but I guess I wasn't having any fun at all playing it but I kept forcing myself to play it when I should have set it down for a little while and come back to it later. The reason I loved 07 so much is because I had tons of fun with it, but then I got too obsessed with getting really realistic results and that led to me editing lots of peoples ratings.

I also hated how we couldn't hit a homerun with contact swing.

So basically a lot of it was my own fault, and for every negative in this game there's at least 5 positives IMO.
Old 06-04-2009, 01:03 PM   #469
Pro

Quote:
It got sort of boring after a while, that probably had to do with me playing so many games in it, usually with the same players(which is why I actually created a whole team of fictional players).

The computer never seemed to manufacture runs, and most runs came off of homeruns.

I spent way too much time editing the rosters when I should've just played the game, this is one of the biggest problems I had with the game. There were a lot of peoples who's ratings were completely wrong IMO, and I just kept looking for people to fix when I probably would've never noticed it anyway.

I took it too seriously, not sure how to describe it, but I guess I wasn't having any fun at all playing it but I kept forcing myself to play it when I should have set it down for a little while and come back to it later. The reason I loved 07 so much is because I had tons of fun with it, but then I got too obsessed with getting really realistic results and that led to me editing lots of peoples ratings.

I also hated how we couldn't hit a homerun with contact swing.

So basically a lot of it was my own fault, and for every negative in this game there's at least 5 positives IMO.
I have the cpu on a high batting level, so the cpu pretty much slices and dices me at bat right now doing anything they want, which I'm fine with, I like the challange.

The roster stuff definately sucks, I did some for the wii awhile back, but I'm just going to take my time do a few a day for the ps2.

I just feel I'm able to get a good game of baseball, low scoring, high scoring, hit variations, and a nice package in a game under 30 min. I gave up on 2k9, tried all sorts of sliders, and still couldn't get consistent realistic results, added to games that were in the 45+ min range.

Game time isn't a big thing for me, I sit through watching tons of regular baseball games on tv.....just that with the video game side of things,,..it';s a bonus when the game time is shortened, because let's face it, when you get older, gaming time is limited, so if you can squeeze more games in, in your gaming window, thats a bonus. I suppose I'll try MLB09 for ps2 and see how I like the feel of that game, but PowerPros seems lke the best game of baseball for me right now.
Old 07-06-2009, 01:51 PM   #470
MVP

OVR: 14

Can you trade players to update the 09 roster ?

PSN Brandon26ms
Old 07-12-2009, 05:47 PM   #471
Rookie

OVR: 6

Does the computer say the name of fictional players or just the real players? Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2009, 12:15 PM   #472
MVP

OVR: 14

Still want to try this game out just got a wii. Can you trade players to update the rosters?

PSN Brandon26ms

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »