Home

With No New Baseball Game For the Xbox 360 on the Horizon, Does Anyone Actually Care?

This is a discussion on With No New Baseball Game For the Xbox 360 on the Horizon, Does Anyone Actually Care? within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-05-2012, 07:59 PM   #33
MVP

metal134's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: With No New Baseball Game For the Xbox 360 on the Horizon, Does Anyone Actually C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
They could...absolutely.
..and my prediction is...they will.

They can...they just have to pay the regular licensing fee as ANY company can at this point.
The exclusive only kept third party developers from using the license.
(for instance...it didn't lock out Sony as a first party dev....but SCEA still paid the license fee to the MLB and MLBPA)

M.K.
Knight165
Right, I'm not saying they can't get a license, just that they don't have one right now. And seeing as how baseball season is a mere 4 months away, if they don't have one by now, they probably aren't going to acquire one.
Old 12-10-2012, 01:04 PM   #34
Banned

22cowboys22's Arena

OVR: 8
I care.......i liked mlb2k12 and was hoping they would continue to move it in the right direction.I know overall mlb the show is the better game but it get's boring really fast and mlb2k12 was just so much more fun to play and the commentary was just outstanding and that helped keep it from being boring unlike mlb the show's commentary which is just the opposite.
Old 12-10-2012, 02:38 PM   #35
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: With No New Baseball Game For the Xbox 360 on the Horizon, Does Anyone Actually C

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22cowboys22
I care.......i liked mlb2k12 and was hoping they would continue to move it in the right direction.I know overall mlb the show is the better game but it get's boring really fast and mlb2k12 was just so much more fun to play and the commentary was just outstanding and that helped keep it from being boring unlike mlb the show's commentary which is just the opposite.
They weren't moving in any direction. They were running in place. One year, they had this wrong and that right. The next year they'd have this right and that wrong. I think it's obvious to most people the development team did not put much effort in the MLB 2K series. It seems obligatory to them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2012, 03:25 PM   #36
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonadom
They weren't moving in any direction. They were running in place. One year, they had this wrong and that right. The next year they'd have this right and that wrong. I think it's obvious to most people the development team did not put much effort in the MLB 2K series. It seems obligatory to them.
I think it had more to do with constantly changing teams.
VC took over from Kush and considering they had to inherit someone else's code, they did pretty well.

I think if given the chance to build from the ground up, VC could make a baseball game on par with their NBA title.

It's moot now, as this series is dead. I hope another company can come along, but I think for 2013, it's The Show or nothing (for console gamers).

I bought a PS3 recently so I'm set. But it would be nice to have options.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:04 AM   #37
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

man i miss the days where we had like 908237409238423908 baseball games to choose from.. bah!
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 12-12-2012, 11:15 PM   #38
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Will Anyone Really Care If There’s No More Baseball on the Xbox 360?

I don't own a 360, and I completely care. This is awful for baseball video gaming.

I also care because I happen to like the 2K series. Granted, I liked it much more before and question their decisions quite often, but I would not prefer for it to be gone.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 12-13-2012, 12:11 AM   #39
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Are you guys kidding?

With no exclusive license....this is the BEST thing that could happen to 2K and baseball gaming in general.
It opens up the most viable options for any production company.

I think you WILL see a 2K baseball game in the future(and I think '13).

M.K.
Knight165
Old 12-13-2012, 10:27 AM   #40
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28

Yes. I'm hoping 2k throws us a bone & @ least gives us a nice PATCH for 2k12.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »