Home

2k baseball refugee

This is a discussion on 2k baseball refugee within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-05-2013, 08:20 PM   #9
Rookie

JustinVerlander35's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: 2k baseball refugee

#59 Todd Jones -- I still a have heart attack everytime I hear that name.
Old 01-05-2013, 08:46 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
I have learned you wait 2-3 dev cycles for next gen games.

I did not get a PS3 till August of 2009 and was very happy I waited. It costed me 299 and the games were much better developed by then.

Right now between The Show 12, NHL 13, NCAA 13 and NBA 2K11 your sports games are as good as they can get with minor tune ups for future versions.

If your a baseball junkie MLB The Show 12 is a must with all the historical rosters available.

Jump on it. And wait till PS4 is cheaper and games are better once they get comfortable with the new cpu power. Just my experience.
I thought I waited on the PS3. I got mine for 500 2 years after the system dropped. I don't even know whether the 4 will be out by Christmas but I for sure will not be buying one at launch. It will probably take a couple of years for the devs to become comfortable working on the new hardware. In the meantime you can get a 3 cheap and a slew of games now for less than a hundred bucks. If you like sports titles you can pick up NBA 2K11 NHL11 and MLB10 and 12. There are a lot of classic rosters for 12 now and you can find close to a dozen for MLB10 that you can download on OS via USB. In addition you get a pretty good Bluray player for nothing. I wouldn't hesitate getting a PS3 now.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:19 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 24

Quote:
I have learned you wait 2-3 dev cycles for next gen games.

I did not get a PS3 till August of 2009 and was very happy I waited. It costed me 299 and the games were much better developed by then.

Right now between The Show 12, NHL 13, NCAA 13 and NBA 2K11 your sports games are as good as they can get with minor tune ups for future versions.

If your a baseball junkie MLB The Show 12 is a must with all the historical rosters available.

Jump on it. And wait till PS4 is cheaper and games are better once they get comfortable with the new cpu power. Just my experience.
I wholeheartedly agree with this. There's rarely any compelling games out with a brand new system anyway.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2013, 09:36 AM   #12
Rookie

selahsdaddy's Arena

OVR: 5

My question would be if The Show would be a title released in March for the PS4. If so, than regardless of price, the system would be a must have.
Old 01-06-2013, 10:26 AM   #13
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by selahsdaddy
My question would be if The Show would be a title released in March for the PS4. If so, than regardless of price, the system would be a must have.
This version....'13...I don't think so.
'14 would be the first PS4 release I would say.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 01-06-2013, 02:12 PM   #14
MVP

AUTiger1's Arena

OVR: 14

I wonder how hard it would be to take PS2 games and make PS3 versions. Not do any graphic updates or gameplay updates or nothing. Just make the game PS3 compatible. There are so many old PS2 games that I miss playing because they're not on PS3. And 2009 was the first year I got The Show for the PS3.
Detroit Red Wings
Winnipeg Jets
Old 01-06-2013, 06:40 PM   #15
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUTiger1
I wonder how hard it would be to take PS2 games and make PS3 versions. Not do any graphic updates or gameplay updates or nothing. Just make the game PS3 compatible. There are so many old PS2 games that I miss playing because they're not on PS3. And 2009 was the first year I got The Show for the PS3.
The 60 gig original PS3 was able to play all the old PS and PS2 games.

I think it is a real sad state of affairs to take away reverse ability. We have spent thousands of dollars on games through the years....it's not like we did not buy a new system and will not buy the newer games.

But I am sure a bunch of suits sat in a room and said...wait a second we can repackage and resell these games as HD releases.

Yep...that was it.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2013, 07:48 PM   #16
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
The 60 gig original PS3 was able to play all the old PS and PS2 games.

I think it is a real sad state of affairs to take away reverse ability. We have spent thousands of dollars on games through the years....it's not like we did not buy a new system and will not buy the newer games.

But I am sure a bunch of suits sat in a room and said...wait a second we can repackage and resell these games as HD releases.

Yep...that was it.

and IMO that was a poor choice.
They could have said....
USER will buy a new system if he can play new games and STILL play all the old games he might have on a new system....AND THEN he will buy new games to play on the new system. It would be inevitable.
However, if you don't buy a new system....you could package whatever you want in a shiny new package and it can't sell to that contingent.
Bad move if you ask me.

M.K.
Knight165

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »