Home

R.B.I. Baseball 14 Announced For Current and Next-Gen Consoles, Mobile Devices Too

This is a discussion on R.B.I. Baseball 14 Announced For Current and Next-Gen Consoles, Mobile Devices Too within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-15-2014, 03:53 PM   #89
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: R.B.I. Baseball 14 Announced For Current and Next-Gen Consoles, Mobile Devices To

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
Probably 2K, haha.

I wouldn't doubt if they hired some of the guys who worked on MLB2K to work on this title.
With MLB anticipating no 2K baseball, perhaps RBI is something that's been in the works for a while now.
This project is ambitious, 5 consoles, phones and tablets. Talk about porting to the extreme.
Old 01-15-2014, 03:59 PM   #90
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: R.B.I. Baseball 14 Announced For Current and Next-Gen Consoles, Mobile Devices To

I think some people are setting pretty high expectations.
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out
Old 01-15-2014, 04:01 PM   #91
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

OVR: 24

I'll be happy to have a downloadable game with a season mode. Something similar to Power Pros on 360. Like having the option of being able to play a quick game of baseball that's also fun. Sometimes you don't have enough time to get through a whole of The Show or another sim experience.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2014, 04:12 PM   #92
Banned

OVR: 0
I highly doubt this is going to be a big budget title like MLB 2K or The Show that is going to satisfy hardcore baseball gamers apatites, it will probably be a mobile/arcade game.
Old 01-15-2014, 04:29 PM   #93
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovesports
My understanding is that MLBAM is developing the game which is not the same company that developed the previous titles, therefore I stand by my comments that there is no need for speculation just yet.
There's no need for speculation any time, but this is a sports gaming forum, so uh... Yeah.

If there are indeed building the game from the ground up I think that only increases the chance at it being an arcade game, because I have a hard time believing they would invest the extra time needed to make a simulation game that would probably have less mass appeal anyways.

Again, I'm not get my hopes up for this game, but there is a very real possibility that they put out something good based on the history of the series in Japan.
Old 01-15-2014, 04:46 PM   #94
Banned

Profit89's Arena

OVR: 8
If Konami are the developers then watch out. They can contend.
Old 01-15-2014, 06:03 PM   #95
Rookie

pirates1fan's Arena

OVR: 2
I am pretty excited for this. As a PS4 owner, I will always pick up The Show as long as they continue to do what they have done for almost the last decade. As long as they continue to put out such a consistent, real product, I am with them. For as interactive as they are with us here on OS, I couldn't be happier with them. I can't wait to hear some new though.

Anywho, back to the point of this game... I think this will be fantastic! I am assuming it will be an arcade type of game, but I am still quite excited for it. I think something like that would complement The Show nicely in the world of baseball video games. Now, if I were an XBOX guy, then yeah, I would want a serious simulation. But being a Playstation person, I welcome an arcade style game. At least XBOX will have a baseball game this year, and on next gen. I am sure that is what Major League Baseball thought as well with this, at least wanting to put something, anything, out on XBOX, especially with the whole next gen situation too.

Now, I say this knowing nothing about it. It could be an awful game. However, I welcome an arcade style game, IF that is indeed what it is. I look forward to seeing what the game will actually be in the near future.

All that being said, this certainly came out of left field, didn't it? Never saw this coming at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2014, 06:31 PM   #96
Rookie

OVR: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by dickey1331
Serious. Last came out for NES so its been awhile.
Last came out on Sega Genesis.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »