Home

Backbreaker Preview w/ New Trailer (IGN)

This is a discussion on Backbreaker Preview w/ New Trailer (IGN) within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2009, 10:44 PM   #25
MVP

duke776's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Backbreaker Preview w/ New Trailer (IGN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_rushing
Because I don't have time to play online for the most part. I don't care if its the greatest game in the world, without a franchise, it has no replay value and at most will be a rental. I didn't even rent 2K All Pro and only played the demo a month or 2 after it came out because it didn't have a franchise. I haven't bought madden since it was on the xbox and I think it was a year or 2 before the last version.
Agreed, I'm a huge franchise player and it's the main reason I play sports games. If it doesn't have franchise I'd probably just rent it, or if I found it cheap I'd buy it and play it every once and a while. I don't play online either, so that has no effect on me buying the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2009, 11:25 PM   #26
Pro

JBucc's Arena

OVR: 8

Seems like it's still pretty far from being finished.
Old 06-11-2009, 12:03 AM   #27
Banned

FootballDetails's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBucc
Seems like it's still pretty far from being finished.

That's what I got from the preview. It sounds like a 2010 release.
Old 06-11-2009, 12:32 AM   #28
Pro

wrigleyville33's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSpezzano
The statement leads me to believe that it doesn't even have a season mode. It's just play a game mode.
Well honestly, some people could care less about franchise or season mode. I never played franchise in madden in forever, probably since original xbox. It just seems boring to me. There is nothing like playing another human player. Computers always have bugs attached. They always do stupid stuff, and you can always beat them, no matter how hard they are. I'm excited they have online.
Old 06-11-2009, 12:45 AM   #29
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrigleyville33
Well honestly, some people could care less about franchise or season mode. I never played franchise in madden in forever, probably since original xbox. It just seems boring to me. There is nothing like playing another human player. Computers always have bugs attached. They always do stupid stuff, and you can always beat them, no matter how hard they are. I'm excited they have online.
+1000

i never understood the thrive to play franchise. people go nuts over beaten the CPU for 30 season
Old 06-11-2009, 12:48 AM   #30
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

The Backbreaker Devs said that this game is not made for the Hardcore Players (OSers), It is made for casual gamers. That being said it has the potential to be fun, but this game will not replace Madden or NCAA for me or anyone on this forum.
Old 06-11-2009, 12:54 AM   #31
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHova1982
+1000

i never understood the thrive to play franchise. people go nuts over beaten the CPU for 30 season
+10000000

This game looks awesome. I am officially pumped.

And they said it will have split-screen co-op, so I wonder if there will be online co-op too?

All Pro Football 2K8 didn't have a franchise mode either, but that didn't stop me from playing the game for a full year-and-a-half against friends both locally and online.

I will take a game with great core mechanics and great head-to-head play over a game with a million different ways to micromanage a franchise and beat up on a helpless, predictable AI opponent any day of the week.

Last edited by jyoung; 06-11-2009 at 12:57 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2009, 12:58 AM   #32
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusefan
The Backbreaker Devs said that this game is not made for the Hardcore Players (OSers), It is made for casual gamers. That being said it has the potential to be fun, but this game will not replace Madden or NCAA for me or anyone on this forum.
the Devs might have said that.....but the controls in the game would give you a different impression.... example.

to stiff arm correctly....you have to push "X" on the PS3, if the ball is not on the correct side of the body....then you can stiff arm...but you have to time it by the distance of where the defender is.....or else it won't be a good stiff arm or you'll just get out right tackled.

maybe there is an easy mode for casuals...... but this control scheme looks fun and realistic.... I remember switching the ball while running in Madden so if I fumbled it would go out of bounce...... I forgot how the new Maddens are... i think it did it automatically for you when you pushed x (both switched the ball and stiff armed)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »