Home

Backbreaker Preview w/ New Trailer (IGN)

This is a discussion on Backbreaker Preview w/ New Trailer (IGN) within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2009, 07:04 AM   #57
Banned

OVR: 35
Re: Backbreaker Preview w/ New Trailer (IGN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruff Ryder
I agree. But we don't know if it'll have a franchise mode or not do we? Didn't they say the devs were keeping the game modes under wraps?
Yes they just showed tackle alley and exhibition
Old 06-12-2009, 10:42 AM   #58
MVP

OVR: 14
Re: Backbreaker Preview w/ New Trailer (IGN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
...and that this is Backbreaker's first year (versus Tiburon's 5th next gen iteration) and that they have the huge disadvantageof not having the NFL license. We're not getting much of anything in the way of innovation from Tiburon; it's going to take companies like this taking a chance at developing a football game in order to get something to push football gaming forward.
I agree with your other points except for BB having a disadvantage.

I actually think that in this post-NFL/EA era, not having to shell out millions of licensing dollars to the NFLPA actually helps developers such as 2K and the folks who make BB. If not just the financial aspect, it allows them to break out of that shell with fresh ideas to try something different without the confines of the NFLPA and competing directly against Madden. You don't have to fight Madden if you don't have the license, right? It would be a no win situation. Just go after a different market. I definitely believe it's there for the taking.

We've had countless years of the same camera angles, playcalling screens, and gameplay issues.

What I see from this trailer is another fresh approach (APF being the other). It's still very raw though. For me, it's like watching Dwight Howard in the playoffs. It's showing a very good foundation for football, but there are some changes here and there that would make this a real powerhouse.

I'd like to think that this game is creating its own market of football fans and anything added to that couldn't hurt.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »