Home

Black College Football - The Xperience: What's Behind the Name?

This is a discussion on Black College Football - The Xperience: What's Behind the Name? within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience
Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2009, 10:04 PM   #97
Rookie

PhillsPhan26's Arena

OVR: 19
Well whoever made this game should go to College cause you do not spell it like "Xperience" , you spell it "Experience". Typical, when I drive by a Barber shop and I see a sign saying " Frezzzh Cutz" I just cant help but scratch my head. Sorry to say and I know the truth hurts some people but I find this game to be racist.
Old 07-11-2009, 10:08 PM   #98
Lie,cheat,steal,kill: Win

trobinson97's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Black College Football - The Xperience: What's Behind the Name?

You scratching your head doesn't hurt anyone. Carry on.

SteamID - Depotboy

...2009, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2020....
What a run
Roll Tide

Old 07-11-2009, 10:54 PM   #99
Banned

OVR: 26
Why cant we all just be friends!!! lol
Old 07-11-2009, 11:01 PM   #100
Rookie

OVR: 5
SMH Its ironic that a guy whose SN is "PhillsPhan26" is telling someone to go to college b/c of spelling Experience "Xperience" get a life.
Old 07-11-2009, 11:16 PM   #101
Rookie

KiNgQ's Arena

OVR: 1
Anyway..about the game.. Why does EVERYONE in the game have to be dark-skinned? It's almost like the creators of this game are not aware that different shades of African-Americans exsist. But yea, this game looks pretty cool and I'm glad to see some kind of variety in football games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2009, 11:50 PM   #102
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: Black College Football - The Xperience: What's Behind the Name?

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobinson97
Someone didn't read the article. Besides, most of the schools in America are HW anyway. We did throw a fit, so they would let us in. There's no need to put the HW in because everyone knows that's what they are.
I thought this is what we were supposed to be avoiding?

It looks more and more here that there is only one side of this debate that is accepted here. I state my viewpoint and I'm called uneducated. Another did the same, he was labeled as inbred. We know what would happen if I called rockchisler some random slur. I would be booted from the site post haste I think. So why the double standard in what is considered acceptable? Is that how it is here?

HW because everyone knows they are? Really? Have any specific schools in mind?

If I go to one of these HBC's, you think I wouldn't notice what it is as well? You think I wouldn't notice that 90% of the student population was black? In a country where blacks are less than 15% of the population? Of course most schools will be made up of a majority of white students----because the country is--for now! So what about in 50 years, when whites are officially the minority? Do these schools then have the right to refer to themselves as HWC's, that would be ok with you? I doubt it.

And what makes this even more ridiculous is that these 'white' schools you folks are ragging on about go to crazy lengths to attract black students. A black student with a 27 ACT score will have a MUCH easier time getting a scholarship than a white student with the same score. Ever here of the United Negro College Fund? As a white kid, there was nothing available to me that wasn't available to a black kid.

Guys like MLK died so that future generations would not have to live in the environment he did. And yet, more and more it seems that blacks are segregating themselves in many ways. This game is very small example of that, but an example just the same.

As of yet, no one has been able to squarely answer this question that has been asked now by more than one:

If the game was White College Football, would you be cool with that? If Notre Dame referred to itself as a historically white school, would you be cool with that?

Yes or No. Would you be cool with that? Any answer other than yes or no is avoiding the question.

And I have to agree with the guy above who told OS that this is exactly what should have been expected from this article. If you don't want this type of debate on your website, then the element should never have been introduced.
Old 07-11-2009, 11:51 PM   #103
MVP

OVR: 32
Game looks pretty polished..... I would give it a rent - for sure.
Old 07-12-2009, 12:34 AM   #104
Rookie

o 99 PROBL3MS o's Arena

OVR: 7
Pike, I think you should speak from your own experiences and stop trying to make this out to be more than it is. I was an athlete at one of the schools represented in this game. I have been to sporting events at "traditional" schools as well as competed at HBCUs. It truly is a different experience.

Instead of attacking the African-American race, I encourage you to actually attend a football game at an HBCU. Then you would see for yourself that the experience is different. Chances are that you have never been to and experienced a "Black"college football game so how can you question its relevance as a unique experience.

Did you know that Caucasians also get minority scholarships at these HBCUs that you are trying so hard to describe as exclusive? You are painting yourself into a corner with this constant "HWC" reference. Calling schools such as ND an HWC is redundant. That is based on the simple fact that the sole reason "HBCUs" were established is because schools such as ND in fact WERE HWCs. That said, there is a historical signifigance behind the term "HBCU".

Now tell me what would be the signifigance behind the acronymn "HWC" that. Isn't so blatantly obvious??? It is very redundanttttttt. You can call them HWCs all you want and I will sit here and be thankful their "signifigance" is becoming irrelevant. I have had the pleasure of both "expeiences" and its becoming obvious that you haven't. Once again i encourage you to attend a game my friend.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »