Home

New Football Sim Game - Pro Football Simulator

This is a discussion on New Football Sim Game - Pro Football Simulator within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-02-2009, 08:16 PM   #25
Rookie

brookspiggott's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: New Football Sim Game - Pro Football Simulator

I've been writing software since as far back as the commodore 64 days. My day job is working as a software engineer, so I've been coding for 20 years or so.

The football game started several years ago after I got hooked on the online functions of OOTP and Fast Break Basketball. None of the football games at the time were easy for commissioners to use, and commissioner burnout can easily kill an otherwise good league.

I've been commissioner of a basketball league for 8 years now, and running 3-5 sims per week. We have over 60 years of history and very little turnover because the owners can depend on me, and I can depend on the software.

So I took the aspects that make it easy to run a league and incorporated them into a football game. The engine took a long time to develop but now that it's complete, fast and accurate I can add more and more features to the game. It's extremely easy to run as a commish and easy to run a team as a player. And with regular feedback it's only going to get better
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2009, 02:03 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookspiggott
I've been writing software since as far back as the commodore 64 days. My day job is working as a software engineer, so I've been coding for 20 years or so.

The football game started several years ago after I got hooked on the online functions of OOTP and Fast Break Basketball. None of the football games at the time were easy for commissioners to use, and commissioner burnout can easily kill an otherwise good league.

I've been commissioner of a basketball league for 8 years now, and running 3-5 sims per week. We have over 60 years of history and very little turnover because the owners can depend on me, and I can depend on the software.

So I took the aspects that make it easy to run a league and incorporated them into a football game. The engine took a long time to develop but now that it's complete, fast and accurate I can add more and more features to the game. It's extremely easy to run as a commish and easy to run a team as a player. And with regular feedback it's only going to get better
Cool, thanks.
Old 12-14-2009, 01:17 AM   #27
Rookie

brookspiggott's Arena

We have several leagues now that could use some owners. Check it out on the barcodegames.com forum!
Old 02-10-2010, 11:52 PM   #28
Isildur's Heir

McLite's Arena

OVR: 24

I love the game...jumped in about a week or so again. I'm a huge text sims guy and am tired of FOF's unrealistic ratings, poor game planning, and secret squirrel tells...so this gives me another option.

It's new and there are some issues but I'm amazed at how fast Brooks replies on the forums and gets updates out to the game owners to fix problems. Great potential!
Old 02-12-2010, 08:27 PM   #29
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18

I cannot get the game to install. I was helping with some testing early on and have an activation code, but the game wont even install now as it is saying that there is already an install in progress.

huh?
Old 02-12-2010, 08:44 PM   #30
Rookie

brookspiggott's Arena

I would uninstall the one you have and then redownload the msi version from the website. If you still get the install in progress message normally you have to reboot to get Windows to finish up whatever other installs/uninstalls you may have had going on.

"Like Us!" http://www.facebook.com/ProFootballSimulator

Twitter: @BarcodeGames
Old 02-12-2010, 10:09 PM   #31
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18

Ok, got the game up and running but I cannot register for your forum as it keeps telling me that the activation code does not match...I've tried it about 10 times haha.

My question was about whether or not there was an updated salaries file for NFL players. Guys like Matt Stafford are making about $1.5M and when I change the league salary info to match 2009 NFL, there is way too much salary space for each team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2010, 06:19 PM   #32
Rookie

brookspiggott's Arena

The file on the site right now doesn't have real salaries for players in it so the game auto generates the salaries.

"Like Us!" http://www.facebook.com/ProFootballSimulator

Twitter: @BarcodeGames

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »