Home

NBA Off Topic

This is a discussion on NBA Off Topic within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2012, 11:00 AM   #5201
I'll thank him for you

ex carrabba fan's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: NBA Off Topic

Karl Malone was on NBATV the other night dropping Shaq's name concerning who he loved to pick and roll because he was too lazy to guard. Goes back to the discussion between the defensive capabilities of Shaq and Dwight Howard. I remember some dude on here saying Dwight wasn't a defensive power while Shaq was.. and that somehow eras factored into how each of those guys played defense. If Dwight would have played in his prime from 2000-2006, he might damn near have 6 or 7 straight defensive player of the year awards. That wasn't the strongest era for centers, yet Shaq couldn't even get one. He was always more concerned with offense, which I doubt anyone would complain too much about.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2012, 12:19 PM   #5202
Hall Of Fame

Kashanova's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan
Karl Malone was on NBATV the other night dropping Shaq's name concerning who he loved to pick and roll because he was too lazy to guard. Goes back to the discussion between the defensive capabilities of Shaq and Dwight Howard. I remember some dude on here saying Dwight wasn't a defensive power while Shaq was.. and that somehow eras factored into how each of those guys played defense. If Dwight would have played in his prime from 2000-2006, he might damn near have 6 or 7 straight defensive player of the year awards. That wasn't the strongest era for centers, yet Shaq couldn't even get one. He was always more concerned with offense, which I doubt anyone would complain too much about.

lol, some dude said pre-2000 which would mean before 2000 not from 2000-2006. Even if Dwight was in his prime in those years he wasn't going to win over Ben Wallace.
Old 10-23-2012, 01:41 PM   #5203
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonWilliams55
This video game is a SIMULATION of BASKETBALL. Sure its not 100% perfect, but its pretty damn good. You will not get a SIMULATION STYLE BASKETBALL GAME by PLAYING SOMEONE WHO DOES NOT KNOW WHAT SIMULATION MEANS.

#HelloBrooklyn
Old 10-23-2012, 01:55 PM   #5204
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan

No way. Just no.
And I don't even want to elaborate.

I see what's going on here...
Old 10-23-2012, 02:04 PM   #5205
Banned

DukeC's Arena

OVR: 27

Q: "What did ya'll say in the huddle?"

Jalen Rose: "....We suck"

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2012, 02:07 PM   #5206
Strike Hard and Fade Away

Fresh Tendrils's Arena

OVR: 51

Why is Jalen holding a bat?

Old 10-23-2012, 02:07 PM   #5207
Hall Of Fame

Kashanova's Arena

OVR: 30

Also just for reference, the years that Dwight led the league in block also happen to be the second and third lowest BPG to lead the league in the history of the stat(2.7,2.9). In the 5 seasons where Shaq average 2.8 BPG or more the highs in those years were 4.1, 4.1, 3.4, 3.7, 3.7.
Old 10-23-2012, 04:22 PM   #5208
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashanova
Also just for reference, the years that Dwight led the league in block also happen to be the second and third lowest BPG to lead the league in the history of the stat(2.7,2.9). In the 5 seasons where Shaq average 2.8 BPG or more the highs in those years were 4.1, 4.1, 3.4, 3.7, 3.7.
And I'm probably sure that there were more 7 footers in the league during those years as well.

But let the Dwight is the best-est center in the world now that he's in purple & gold love fest continue.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »