Home

Sound Off: Lebron's a NBA Champion...now what?

This is a discussion on Sound Off: Lebron's a NBA Champion...now what? within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-25-2012, 03:25 PM   #145
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimm44
Hopefully this is hyperbole, but did you forget about him eviscerating Boston and Chicago last season? He had a crappy Finals, but I think that Dallas' defensive schemes and intelligence had more to do with it more than anything.
I could never harbor a personal grudge against a player based on a bad performance. But when a guy self-promotes his own free agency signing "special", then goes on talking about how "easy" it will be for them on the court, as well as the 7+ titles they're going to win (at least 1 more than the GOAT), it puts a bad taste in my mouth right from the start. Then he had Nike confiscate the tapes of Jordan Crawford dunking "on" him @ his camp that summer, which I think everyone would agree is a super douche move. THEN, in a full-on hissy fit, he made a commercial taking shots at Jordan and Barkley, in a childish response to criticisms made by both. And finally, after losing the Finals, he goes on national TV blasting the fans for pulling against him, telling us all to go back to our "same old ordinary lives", etc. He just seems like an immature, arrogant dude who can't understand, or tolerate, anyone not riding his jock. In fairness, it doesn't seem that he had much parental guidance from his trainwreck of a mom, what with her out getting DUIs, fist fighting valet attendants and taking frequent trips to Pound Town via Mr. Delonte West.

On the court, his constant over-celebrating and "mean muggin" irk me to the bone, and while I know that traveling and flopping are both things that NBA refs generally choose to ignore, it still bothers me to see how often LeBron flagrantly gets away with both, and yet still cries about EVERY call made against him.

Just not an easy guy to like if you don't live in Miami I guess.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2012, 04:24 PM   #146
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: Sound Off: Lebron's a NBA Champion...now what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBMcGee3
I could never harbor a personal grudge against a player based on a bad performance. But when a guy self-promotes his own free agency signing "special", then goes on talking about how "easy" it will be for them on the court, as well as the 7+ titles they're going to win (at least 1 more than the GOAT), it puts a bad taste in my mouth right from the start. Then he had Nike confiscate the tapes of Jordan Crawford dunking "on" him @ his camp that summer, which I think everyone would agree is a super douche move. THEN, in a full-on hissy fit, he made a commercial taking shots at Jordan and Barkley, in a childish response to criticisms made by both. And finally, after losing the Finals, he goes on national TV blasting the fans for pulling against him, telling us all to go back to our "same old ordinary lives", etc. He just seems like an immature, arrogant dude who can't understand, or tolerate, anyone not riding his jock. In fairness, it doesn't seem that he had much parental guidance from his trainwreck of a mom, what with her out getting DUIs, fist fighting valet attendants and taking frequent trips to Pound Town via Mr. Delonte West.

On the court, his constant over-celebrating and "mean muggin" irk me to the bone, and while I know that traveling and flopping are both things that NBA refs generally choose to ignore, it still bothers me to see how often LeBron flagrantly gets away with both, and yet still cries about EVERY call made against him.

Just not an easy guy to like if you don't live in Miami I guess.
I'm assuming you didn't have on a big-yellow-foam Number 1 finger while wearing a black #6 jersey when the Heat won.

I guess I don't follow the off-the-court stuff enough to really care. I know about the celebration and the "Not 1, Not 2..." fiasco, a little about the Crawford dunk, as well as the West and Gloria rumors. The other stuff I had no clue about. The 24-hour sportsnews world we live in isn't really appealing to me. All I try to pay attention to is the product on the court.

That being said, thanks for clarifying the adversity you were talking about.
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.
Old 06-28-2012, 11:22 PM   #147
All Star

RockinDaMike's Arena

OVR: 17
People take what Lebron does so seriously. Sure he was immature but he was a 25 year old with the nba on his shoulders. No dad to teach him to be a man and had to lean on his mom, friends and coaches to handle the fame he started getting since high school.

No reports of anything negative off the court. Imagine Jordan in the twitter age with the gambling, partying and the women he messed around with. He would have gotten eatin up too. Lebrons a saint compared to big sports stars of the past.
Activision: MikeDeuce#1448

Teams: AZ Cardinals, Suns, Diamondbacks, Duke, Arizona State

IG FB

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »