Home

1/7 - 1/13 Games Discussion Thread.

This is a discussion on 1/7 - 1/13 Games Discussion Thread. within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-09-2013, 12:06 PM   #233
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: 1/7 - 1/13 Games Discussion Thread.

It was a general question for anybody, not directed specifically towards you.
Old 01-09-2013, 12:17 PM   #234
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by InthePaint
I think your selling us short.

In last years series they needed Wade and LeBron too go crazy to win.

We gonna be better than last year. The Pacers have more depth.

Its not like we played them well and got beat up. The Pacers were up and they had an unexperienced team.

Slow progression....emerge against Chicago, go deeper the following year and lose to Miami. The Pacers have potential to improve on last years achievements.

60 games is different than 82.
Bron and Wade went crazy because that's who they are. Two of the best players in the world. As I said, if we play them we'll challenge them for sure. We have a lot of advantages against them, the biggest one being inside. That trade for Ian Mahinmi just made us that much bigger and harder to deal with down low. But in the end I can't see us stopping LeBron and Wade. It's just that simple for me. We don't have a player close to that caliber, and they have two(I guess 3 with Bosh). Paul George is sick, but he's not LeBron. I definitely think he's a star in the making though.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 01-09-2013, 12:17 PM   #235
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

I know it wasn't for me but it was pretty much said before you asked by someone here... at least thats what I saw when I was reading.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2013, 12:19 PM   #236
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
All I'm saying is something has to change. What LeBron is asked to do in those 38 minutes is going to shorten his career. Yeah there are other guys playing more minutes or playing the same number of minutes, but nobody is literally carrying every facet of their team like LeBron. Kobe may be averaging 39 minutes a night, but he just has to score. He's not guarding the other team's best player, Metta can do that. He doesn't have to be the team's primary scorer and ball handler cause Nash can do one of those. He doesn't have to be the big rebounder cause Dwight, Pau, Hill, Jamison or even Metta can do that. LeBron literally has to rebound the most for the team, he has to get guys into position to make shots, he has to score himself when the bench is out there blowing leads or not putting up enough points to catch up. He has to expend max energy on the defensive end guarding the best or at least second best player on the other team and he has to do it night in, night out it seems. That can't be good for his long term health. They need to try to do something to take pressure off of him.
This perfectly sums up the problem. Its not just the minutes, its the burden he's being asked to carry in addition to it. What other player in the League is being required to do the same thing (or even could for that matter)?
Old 01-09-2013, 12:20 PM   #237
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
Question: If Lebron is playing 38 MPG, how is that going to affect his health long term? Are we talking a career being shortened by 2-3 years because of the amount he minutes he plays?
I believe that it's an increase in the wear and tear on his body. Again 38 MPG isn't so bad for an NBA player in their 20's, but for a guy that is literally doing EVERYTHING for his team, it's too much. As mentioned he's leading his team in pretty much every statistic, he's playing out of position banging against dudes just as big and bigger than him. Maybe I'm a little overly sensitive to it because of Thibs complete disregard for minutes and Derrick's following injuries, but it just doesn't make sense for me to run a guy like Spo is doing when there isn't a chance in hell that Miami doesn't make the playoffs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
Thibs coaching Rose scares me. I don't want to see Rose go down again. I hope Thibs properly monitors his minutes.

Iman Shumpert has also returned to contact practicing. Another player I don't want to see rushed.
Don't worry, he won't. Deng is averaging a league leading 40.3 minutes and Noah is averaging 38.9, fourth in the league.

BTW ex, after last night's game LeBron is now number five.
Old 01-09-2013, 12:24 PM   #238
JB4MVP

JODYE's Arena

OVR: 8

Yeah, Bulls rotation is stretched thin about every game.

Also, that Rose J is looking silky. They had better video of him shooting at Berto and he was lights out. Obviously warm up shooting is a little different than game speed but his form looked tighter than before.

Old 01-09-2013, 12:33 PM   #239
Banned

OVR: 19
The more Lebron carries this team as"mr. Everything" because that is what he is to the Heat. He'll end up getting hurt seriously within the next 3 years. He can't continue this pace of scoring 30, rebounding 10, running point, and guarding the other teams best player while playing 39 mins a night

He's Miami's Mr. Everything whether ppl like it or not.
Old 01-09-2013, 12:34 PM   #240
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
I believe that it's an increase in the wear and tear on his body. Again 38 MPG isn't so bad for an NBA player in their 20's, but for a guy that is literally doing EVERYTHING for his team, it's too much. As mentioned he's leading his team in pretty much every statistic, he's playing out of position banging against dudes just as big and bigger than him. Maybe I'm a little overly sensitive to it because of Thibs complete disregard for minutes and Derrick's following injuries, but it just doesn't make sense for me to run a guy like Spo is doing when there isn't a chance in hell that Miami doesn't make the playoffs.

Don't worry, he won't. Deng is averaging a league leading 40.3 minutes and Noah is averaging 38.9, fourth in the league.

BTW ex, after last night's game LeBron is now number five.
SMH.

Thibs is gonna ride Rose out like he just bought a shiny new Ferrari.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »