Home

NFL Off Topic

This is a discussion on NFL Off Topic within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2012, 11:41 PM   #1017
Hall Of Fame

l3ulvl's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: NFL Off Topic 2012

Is Stephen Davis in the 'Skins ring of honor?
Old 08-23-2012, 08:23 AM   #1018
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilla56
Its obvious when its going overboard. Messing around and rookie hazing is a mutual understanding. From Prince's reaction and the feeling of the setting, it wasnt mutual understanding. Prince was pissed and JPP was being a dick, a bully. You can tell by the language he is using and the tones in his voice. When rookies are hazed it is obvious. They know what it is and they accept it with a casual smile. Prince is no rookie, and he was pissed off.

This was well said. I think its obvious why JPP was doing this to Prince. Im not gonna get into it on here but Prince is def not in JPP's clique on the team.
Yep..I know exactly why too but it's against TOS to discuss it. That makes it even worse. There's no place for that..especially seeing how they should be a brotherhood and bonding with each other.
Old 08-23-2012, 08:29 AM   #1019
Next Miami Great

iAM-IncReDiBLe-'s Arena

OVR: 34
Unless I'm a rookie aint no one messing with me like that unless they want me to go Steve smith on them. That's my take on that. I feel it's a complete lack of respect. I bet they wouldn't have done that to Peyton Manning because he's respected.
Old 08-23-2012, 09:00 AM   #1020
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by l3ulvl
Is Stephen Davis in the 'Skins ring of honor?
No he is not in the skins ring of honor.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 08-23-2012, 10:38 AM   #1021
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAM-IncReDiBLe-
Unless I'm a rookie aint no one messing with me like that unless they want me to go Steve smith on them. That's my take on that. I feel it's a complete lack of respect. I bet they wouldn't have done that to Peyton Manning because he's respected.
Pick up a rookie 300lbs rookie defensive lineman and try dumping him into an ice bath and see what happens.

I have no problem with hazing and stuff in good fun...popcorn in the car..tying dudes up to goalposts..etc.

But they were punking Prince. Some high school stuff.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2012, 01:04 PM   #1022
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
Pick up a rookie 300lbs rookie defensive lineman and try dumping him into an ice bath and see what happens.

I have no problem with hazing and stuff in good fun...popcorn in the car..tying dudes up to goalposts..etc.

But they were punking Prince. Some high school stuff.
I agree

They want him to have more "swag". JPP and his buddies were being dolts, and deserve a good ole Coughlin scolding, if not more. Prince wanted nothing to do with that idiocy, that was obvious.

Troy P is one of the most quiet players to play the game. He doesn't need "swag" to be looked on as one of the best. I respect these quiet scholars of the game. Unfortunately, they are a dying breed.

Teammates need to mature.
Old 08-23-2012, 02:32 PM   #1023
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Didn't quote the post (sorry) but the thought that you can't just replace MJD or any running back is crazy. MJD himself got notice in the preseason and came on the heels of Fred Taylor... who was on the heels of Stewart. We can go across the league and through history to find backs that turned into stars on his level just by having a guy in front of them move out of the way.

I'm not saying that's what Jennings is but it makes no sense to say that's what he's not. And building a team strictly around MJD clearly hasn't been working so they'd like to spread their money around to build other areas (franchise QB, potential elite WR, signed Robinson as the #2 WR, etc). Dude is currently being paid plenty. This is not a Chris Johnson situation.
Old 08-23-2012, 03:25 PM   #1024
Pro

psychraider32's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
Didn't quote the post (sorry) but the thought that you can't just replace MJD or any running back is crazy. MJD himself got notice in the preseason and came on the heels of Fred Taylor... who was on the heels of Stewart. We can go across the league and through history to find backs that turned into stars on his level just by having a guy in front of them move out of the way.

I'm not saying that's what Jennings is but it makes no sense to say that's what he's not. And building a team strictly around MJD clearly hasn't been working so they'd like to spread their money around to build other areas (franchise QB, potential elite WR, signed Robinson as the #2 WR, etc). Dude is currently being paid plenty. This is not a Chris Johnson situation.

Can MJD be replaced? yes.. will it be the same... no. It would be hard to replace his production but I am confident Jennings can be very good. Infact in 2010 before his injury Jennings averaged 5.5 yards a carry and scored 4 TD's. Plus he is averaging 5.1 yards a carry this preseason so I am confident he can help carry the load if he has too. It's still not the same as MJD. Just like if the Ravens lost Rice they would loose a lot of production. He's replaceable, but you would hope you don't have too.

Interests and Hobbies: video games, programming, psychology, neuroscience, piano, functional strength training.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »