Home

Old 10-14-2015, 12:13 PM   #16425
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: NFL Off Topic

You talking about when Rondo wore his headband backwards with the logo upside down?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2015, 12:28 PM   #16426
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

I understand the resistance, but Williams isn't asking for something new. He's asking to continue something the NFL broadcasts themeselves. They don't do a Green September for Mental Health Awareness... they promote the **** out of this Pink October. DeAngelo just wants to do it for the rest of the season. There's an easy stipulation that can be added here.

Watch me play video games
Old 10-14-2015, 12:33 PM   #16427
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by jWILL253
I mean... we're already at that point, tbh. Just on a bigger scale. We got corporate sponsor logos on practice jerseys, and I remember some time ago that the league is/was considering adding them to game jerseys as well. And that money isn't even for causes and charities, it's advertisement money!

Idk. Just seems like another case of the NFL smelling their own farts while trying to keep players in line. The NBA seems to have no problems letting players express themselves with their own causes, brand deals and sponsorships while increasing their own bottom line. The NFL just seems to simply want to have their cake and eat it, too.

Is there an official tablet of the NBA or headphones? Serious question don't follow the league much at all. Because the NFL makes millions off these type deals and 1/2 that money goes to the players which is the reason the shield is so stringent.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 10-14-2015, 12:42 PM   #16428
Hoos Rising

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Cowboys officially promote La'el Collins to starting left guard, benching incumbent starting Ron Leary who had a particularly rough outing against Jabaal Sheard and the Patriots and has been battling back issues.

They're also mulling over promoting Christine Michael to starting running back over Joseph Randle. Randle is probably better in a change-of-pace role anyway, but the jury's still plenty out on whether Michael can be a lead back in the same vein that Demarco Murray was a year ago.
Old 10-14-2015, 01:05 PM   #16429
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Chiefs opted to stick with what they have, promoted RB Spencer Ware from the practice squad for a 3rd participant in the RB by committee they'll have going w/ Charcandrick West and Knile Davis @ Minnesota on Sunday. Added RB Darrin Reaves to the practice squad.

Both of the new guys mentioned spent the offseason w/ the Chiefs.

Isaiah Pead, Bryce Brown, Ben Tate and Pierre Thomas all worked out for the Chiefs this week.

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2015/1...practice-squad
Old 10-14-2015, 01:08 PM   #16430
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

So ESPNs made up Quarterback Rating system (QBR) has officially jumped the shark.

Brandon Weeden had a higher QBR than Tom Brady in their game 28 to 24.....

Get out of here with that.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 10-14-2015, 01:15 PM   #16431
You know why I'm here...

jWILL253's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
Is there an official tablet of the NBA or headphones? Serious question don't follow the league much at all. Because the NFL makes millions off these type deals and 1/2 that money goes to the players which is the reason the shield is so stringent.
Not sure about an official tablet specifically, but they the NBA has general sponsorship deals like the NFL has: Kia, Nike, Adidas, 2K Sports, etc. And I don't see the league throwing a hissy fit every time a player wears or promotes something that goes against their sponsorship.

In fact, regarding apparel specifically, I think any qualms about it went out the window with Michael Jordan. He'd wear new kicks for no certain reason or occasion, just to do it. Fast forward to now, and we have marquee players changing shoe colors for every holiday.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2015, 03:05 PM   #16432
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
Thoughts on this?
I'd say "expected".

The goal is to eliminate gray areas so as bad as it sounds telling Williams no, it'd sound much worse if they told him yes but someone wanting to wear certain cleats for prostate cancer no... or someone wanting to honor their dead mother no, etc.

I'd say Williams handled it perfectly too, and doing the pink hair is a cool alternative.

Last edited by wwharton; 10-14-2015 at 05:35 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »