Home

NFL Off Topic

This is a discussion on NFL Off Topic within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-21-2017, 11:31 AM   #25841
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: NFL Off Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
Haha didn't even think about it like that. That said, the "one-read" QB thing is just lazy. Why not just say he doesn't go through progressions very well? Even then, the guy can function in a NFL offense. I'm not sure why that's even debatable.
It's not debatable... not a single person has said he can't function in an NFL offense. I also didn't say he was a one read QB so can't speak for whoever you were responding to that did, but isn't that just semantics? Bottom line is, he's not great and would require an offense molded around him in a nontraditional way to expect success. I can't speak for GMs but I'd say he's not good enough to be a starter with this kind of need, and is a risky backup unless your starter already is in a similar offense (like Seattle).

I believe the talk of one read (which you can say doesn't go through progressions if you want) was in response to the guy claiming he excels in accuracy, especially when jumping in the air (or something else crazy). Not true... he pretty much excels at running and how far he throws (can't even say excels at the deep ball bc I don't think he's all that accurate with that either).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2017, 07:10 PM   #25842
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
It's not debatable... not a single person has said he can't function in an NFL offense. I also didn't say he was a one read QB so can't speak for whoever you were responding to that did, but isn't that just semantics? Bottom line is, he's not great and would require an offense molded around him in a nontraditional way to expect success. I can't speak for GMs but I'd say he's not good enough to be a starter with this kind of need, and is a risky backup unless your starter already is in a similar offense (like Seattle).

I believe the talk of one read (which you can say doesn't go through progressions if you want) was in response to the guy claiming he excels in accuracy, especially when jumping in the air (or something else crazy). Not true... he pretty much excels at running and how far he throws (can't even say excels at the deep ball bc I don't think he's all that accurate with that either).
I agree with you except the part where he is a risky backup. I don't agree with that at all. I actually think he is one of the better backups on the league if he accepts that. His biggest problem, imo, is his consistency. That problem isnt as heightened when he is a backup.

He's a better QB than a Derek Anderson or EJ Manuel in any system though.
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa
Old 06-21-2017, 08:42 PM   #25843
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

EJ Manuel is completely terrible. I pity the Raiders. If Manuel has to play, they're ****ed. He'll make that offense look inept real quick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 06-22-2017, 01:55 AM   #25844

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

What's the main difference between limited and game jersey? I see one for $150 and other $100 but not sure how they're diff.

Also, any NFL fans in Canada, where's best places to find NFL jerseys, specifically the $100 ones? Preferably in store, not online.
Old 06-22-2017, 03:28 AM   #25845
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
What's the main difference between limited and game jersey? I see one for $150 and other $100 but not sure how they're diff.

Also, any NFL fans in Canada, where's best places to find NFL jerseys, specifically the $100 ones? Preferably in store, not online.

The big thing to remember is that there are three types of NFL jersey that Nike makes. Elite, Limited and Game. Spoilers the rest for Tapatalk folks.

Spoiler

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2017, 06:29 AM   #25846
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26
NFL Off Topic

Lol elite. I remember when it was just replica (screen printed) and authentic (embroidered). That's good to know though I haven't bought a jersey since Willis McGahee.

In my experience, screen printed sucks. Worth the extra dough for embroidered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 06-22-2017, 11:51 AM   #25847
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickdtc
Lol elite. I remember when it was just replica (screen printed) and authentic (embroidered). That's good to know though I haven't bought a jersey since Willis McGahee.

In my experience, screen printed sucks. Worth the extra dough for embroidered.

Yeah, every screen printed jersey I've ever had the quality has been worse than the embroidered in the material of the jersey and the numbers have eventually peeled off after enough washes/general wear and tear.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 06-22-2017, 01:39 PM   #25848
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
I agree with you except the part where he is a risky backup. I don't agree with that at all. I actually think he is one of the better backups on the league if he accepts that. His biggest problem, imo, is his consistency. That problem isnt as heightened when he is a backup.

He's a better QB than a Derek Anderson or EJ Manuel in any system though.
That's not the argument (at least not mine) against him as a back up. If we had to find a starting QB from the pool of backups, he'd likely be at the top of the list. But the backup role for many teams isn't just the next best QB available. As mentioned before, it's possible that he needs to play in a certain type of system that is drastically different than the starter needs (and that the entire offense... especially the oline have practiced in). Suggesting that he can just adapt is just a guess. You may believe he can... I'm not making an opinion on it one way or another. Just throwing an educated guess as to why he's not getting as many offers as some think he should.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »