Home

Sports Daily: Will Manziel be a Successful Pro QB?

This is a discussion on Sports Daily: Will Manziel be a Successful Pro QB? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-20-2014, 12:08 AM   #33
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Sports Daily: Will Manziel be a Successful Pro QB?

If you slow down Manziel's passes and analyze them, you'll notice how tight some of the windows he fits the ball into are. You can pause the play before the ball is thrown and check all the receivers at your leisure. There will be many situations where you don't think anyone is open, but Manziel ends up placing the ball in a very specific spot and effectively throws his receivers open. Yeah, he throws too many lobs. NFL coaches will make sure he drops that tendency. But he can play at an NFL level because he's already doing it with his precision passing and finding ways to get the ball to a receiver when few others would. He doesn't "rely" on his athletic ability as others have suggested. Its a great asset, but he would still be a great QB if he couldn't run.

I think he'll be a solid starter. Not dominant, but definently solid.
Old 01-20-2014, 08:37 PM   #34
Rookie

Phillyboy57's Arena

OVR: 0

Everybody hated Johnny, now you love him. Or you loved him, then now hate him. Wait for him to get on the field and THEN we can analyze his skill set.
Old 01-28-2014, 07:54 PM   #35
Rookie

newcamshire's Arena

OVR: 0

johnny is great because he is so fun to watch. he makes big plays look easy. he will be great in nfl i think. as long as he doesn't run too much and learns to slide or get out of bounds instead of trying to make a big play. if he can do that then he will be great. if gets picked by the texans then he will have a good receiver to throw to (andre johnson). if minnesota picks him up then he want probably get to run or throw as much since the vikings have adrian peterson, but he will still be able to proove he belongs in the nfl on any team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2014, 01:26 AM   #36
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

I might be crazy and dumb, but my mind really wants to draw a comparison between Johnny Manziel and Tony Romo. Manziel has more athletic ability and is a far better runner than Romo, but they both play with that backyard style, sometimes with reckless abandon even.

Again, I could be crazy, but that's what I see. Reel him in some with a spread offense with some talent around him and I think he could take off in the NFL quickly.
Old 01-30-2014, 02:42 PM   #37
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboy57
Everybody hated Johnny, now you love him. Or you loved him, then now hate him. Wait for him to get on the field and THEN we can analyze his skill set.
I.always liked him. He couldn't be any worse than Weedan if Cleveland decides to draft him.
Old 01-30-2014, 03:11 PM   #38
MVP

Caveman24's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
I might be crazy and dumb, but my mind really wants to draw a comparison between Johnny Manziel and Tony Romo. Manziel has more athletic ability and is a far better runner than Romo, but they both play with that backyard style, sometimes with reckless abandon even.

Again, I could be crazy, but that's what I see. Reel him in some with a spread offense with some talent around him and I think he could take off in the NFL quickly.
I saw his ceiling as Romo as well. Though I think he reminds me of Jeff Garcia.
Old 01-30-2014, 03:14 PM   #39
Forever A Legend

24's Arena

OVR: 22

I've explained this on a few other places but I'll say it for the first time here. Johnny Manziel Is flat out amazing. If you took Joe Montana and Michael Vick and combined both of them with Jesus Christ the end product would be Johnny Manziel.

The precision that comes with each throw he makes is like a bullet fired out of a sniper rifle. He is like a cheetah out of the pocket. insanely quick and deadly. You laugh at his small stature? He laughs when he throws 500 Yards and 6 TD's on your team.

His potential is limitless. He will be drafted by the Patriots and groomed by Tom Brady and Bill Belichek. Under Manziel's leadership he will guide the Pats to 4 Super Bowl victories. He will be the greatest QB of all time. Rivaled by no one and feared by every opposing owner, coach and player.

The League is not prepared for a player of his caliber. The world is not prepared. It is simply impossible.

Old 01-31-2014, 01:44 AM   #40
MVP

Caveman24's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24
I've explained this on a few other places but I'll say it for the first time here. Johnny Manziel Is flat out amazing. If you took Joe Montana and Michael Vick and combined both of them with Jesus Christ the end product would be Johnny Manziel.

The precision that comes with each throw he makes is like a bullet fired out of a sniper rifle. He is like a cheetah out of the pocket. insanely quick and deadly. You laugh at his small stature? He laughs when he throws 500 Yards and 6 TD's on your team.

His potential is limitless. He will be drafted by the Patriots and groomed by Tom Brady and Bill Belichek. Under Manziel's leadership he will guide the Pats to 4 Super Bowl victories. He will be the greatest QB of all time. Rivaled by no one and feared by every opposing owner, coach and player.

The League is not prepared for a player of his caliber. The world is not prepared. It is simply impossible.
My sarcasm detector isn't working right now

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »