Home

*The Road to Brazil 2014* WC 2014 Qualifying Discussion

This is a discussion on *The Road to Brazil 2014* WC 2014 Qualifying Discussion within the Pro Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Pro Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2011, 11:23 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 7
Re: *The Road to Brazil 2014* WC 2014 Qualifying Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanCitySportsGuy
It's always shocking when I see Canada stomp another team.

In the first 2 WC Qualifying games, Canada has outscored their opponent 7-1. Winning 2 out of the last 4 games might be enough to win the Group and advance to the next stage. Canada caught a huge break with the groups. We won't have to face the US or Mexico until the final round of qualifying (assuming we make it this far).

I wish David Hoilett will make up his mind and finally decide what Country he wants to play for, Canada or Jamaica. He grew up in Ontario so I feel like he should play for Canada. I'm not a soccer expert but the fact he plays in the EPL tells me he's probably the best Canadian player in the world.

Yeah, Canada had it rough last go-around with a group consisting of Jamaica, Mexico and Honduras in the third round. That said, Canada has been so, so underwhelming for so long.
Old 09-07-2011, 11:33 PM   #10
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanCitySportsGuy
Do you know why Stalteri isn't on Team Canada?

I've never heard of Jonathan de Guzmán but I know his older brother plays for Team Canada. I wish all these guys that were born in Canada would actually play for Canada. We can add Teal Bunbury to this list. His father is one of the best Canadian players of all-time so you would think he would nudge his son to play for Canada.
Stalteri is a free agent, I don't see him getting called to the team unless he gets signed and gets regular games. However, it would be nice to see Canada qualify for 2014 World Cup as I usually end up rooting for Netherlands seeing my grandparents and my father is originally from there.
Old 10-07-2011, 05:46 PM   #11
MVP

Ermolli's Arena

OVR: 29

Uruguay won almost an hour ago 4-2 against Bolivia. The field wasn't in good conditions (it has been raining since last night) but we played very well, the two goal difference doesn't reflect how the game was played. The ref performance wasn't good, he helped us sometimes (Palito should have left with a red card and maybe someone else and the Bolivian penalty was a joke).
I'll later post the highlights of the game. I wanted to go to the stadium but the prices were too high and it was raining a lot for moments.

Argentina-Chile in an hour and something.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2011, 12:17 AM   #12
NYG_Meth

VanCitySportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 23

Canada thumps St. Lucia 7-0 on the road and than ties Puerto Rico 0-0 at Home. Puerto Rico needed to win the game to stay alive but they just played for the tie which doesn't make any sense.

On the positive side, we only need 1 point in the remaining 2 games to advance to the next stage in World Cup qualifying.
Old 10-12-2011, 12:16 PM   #13
MVP

Ermolli's Arena

OVR: 29

We were winning last night against Paraguay until the last play when they scored on a corner play :/

Old 02-29-2012, 03:37 PM   #14
NYG_Meth

VanCitySportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 23

I watched the Canada vs. Armenia game today and Canada was dominated after the first 15 minutes. Armenia is ranked 41st in the World which is better than the 3 teams will we face in the next round of WC qualifying (Panama/49,Honduras/59,Cuba/116).

Klukowski was brutal coughing up the ball time and time again. Jackson barely got to touch the ball. Overall it was a really bad performance and the game could have easily been 5-1 instead of 3-1. Sportsnet reported Stephan Hart talked to Jonathan De Guzman in Spain recently and there's a chance he might play for Canada. I'm not a Soccer expert but people are saying if joined the national team he would be the best player on the team.

Our next friendly is against USA in June. I don't even remember the last time we beat the US.
Old 06-13-2012, 09:06 AM   #15
YNWA

~LiverpoolRed~'s Arena

OVR: 24

I gotta say Canada has done well so far. 4 points so far from two tough games. The real test will be Panama who have started strong. A slip up for the USA in Guatemala was surprising. They are now level on points with Jamaica.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2012, 01:43 PM   #16
Closet pyromaniac

Whitesox's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~LiverpoolRed~
I gotta say Canada has done well so far. 4 points so far from two tough games. The real test will be Panama who have started strong. A slip up for the USA in Guatemala was surprising. They are now level on points with Jamaica.
I wish I could say I was shocked with the Guatemala result. They didn't look that good against Antigua and Barbuda, and then going to play away in Guatemala, plus Klinsmann still getting his system down meant it was always going to be tough. I'm not too bothered. Plus Marco Pappa is class.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Pro Soccer »