Home

***The Official Chelsea FC Thread***

This is a discussion on ***The Official Chelsea FC Thread*** within the Pro Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Pro Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-15-2024, 03:54 PM   #4137
MVP

Brahvocado's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: ***The Official Chelsea FC Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
I don’t know know about that last part. Martinelli IMO is a stud and seems to have a better understanding of of the game BUT he’s got a lot of experience over Mudryk and a much more stable situation.

100% agree on the starting over Raz part. You can tell after 5 mins what kind of game you’re going to get from Sterling.

With Enzo out vs Leicester and Casadei cup tied I think you’ll see a double pivot of Caicedo - Gallagher with Palmer out right, Mudryk through the middle as a 10 and Sterling wide left OR

Mudryk out left, Palmer in the 10, and Madueke out right.

I’m cool with either one but kinda like seeing Mudryk’s pace and power through the middle.

Leicester will be tough though, they’re killing the Championship right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Martinelli def has better awareness but we don’t know that Mudryk WOULDNT have that if he was at Arsenal. Imo of the three of Trossard, Martinelli and Mudryk, he has the highest ceiling.

Not sure he will ever be able to hit that at Chelsea but I guess we will find out.
Old 03-15-2024, 06:27 PM   #4138
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brahvocado
Martinelli def has better awareness but we don’t know that Mudryk WOULDNT have that if he was at Arsenal. Imo of the three of Trossard, Martinelli and Mudryk, he has the highest ceiling.

Not sure he will ever be able to hit that at Chelsea but I guess we will find out.

Yeah I agree with that. Highest ceiling but also the lowest floor.

Old 03-16-2024, 11:44 AM   #4139
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

The thing that many have overlooked with Martinelli is that his job has changed, and become more strict in its role over the last year. He holds the width at all cost, which often sees him removed from areas he provided danger in before, and can often see him disconnected from play for very long stretches. Too many people think he's having dips in form, or just not producing as he once was when in reality his role has changed vastly even from where it was last season.

I don't know if Mudryk could function in that role right now mostly because of the discipline and understanding Arteta demands of the squad—it took Martinelli some time for him to break into the team under Arteta, and not because he lacked technical and physical skills.

I read this more than a year ago, and it always stuck with me: Mudryk's physical talent and skills seemingly halted his development in other areas because he was always faster and even stronger than those around him (especially given where he was playing), and that's what he relied upon for too long.

The idea of Mudryk displacing Martinelli seems a bit preposterous to me due to how much Arteta has grown to trust Martinelli, and his overall demeanor being a huge asset. I've mentioned it before, but at 16 he was playing in the lower divisions in Brazil against fully grown men looking to kick him out of the game, and those who were just as physically skilled as he was. His path to where he is now is not one of a typical wonderkid—he was working away in the trenches (literally the 4th tier of Brazilian football) and not necessarily in the spotlight of world football. He never once sniffed the top flight/Brasileiro.

Also, Mudryk at Arsenal means no Trossard, and I think it's often overlooked that he's likely the best pure finisher in our squad. Obviously, who knows what happens if it was Mudryk instead, but there's a chance we could've been priced out of signing Rice. This Arsenal squad without Rice is fighting desperately to stay in the top four.

Anyway, just providing some Arsenal context.
Old 03-16-2024, 10:51 PM   #4140
MVP

Brahvocado's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krebstar
The thing that many have overlooked with Martinelli is that his job has changed, and become more strict in its role over the last year. He holds the width at all cost, which often sees him removed from areas he provided danger in before, and can often see him disconnected from play for very long stretches. Too many people think he's having dips in form, or just not producing as he once was when in reality his role has changed vastly even from where it was last season.

I don't know if Mudryk could function in that role right now mostly because of the discipline and understanding Arteta demands of the squad—it took Martinelli some time for him to break into the team under Arteta, and not because he lacked technical and physical skills.

I read this more than a year ago, and it always stuck with me: Mudryk's physical talent and skills seemingly halted his development in other areas because he was always faster and even stronger than those around him (especially given where he was playing), and that's what he relied upon for too long.

The idea of Mudryk displacing Martinelli seems a bit preposterous to me due to how much Arteta has grown to trust Martinelli, and his overall demeanor being a huge asset. I've mentioned it before, but at 16 he was playing in the lower divisions in Brazil against fully grown men looking to kick him out of the game, and those who were just as physically skilled as he was. His path to where he is now is not one of a typical wonderkid—he was working away in the trenches (literally the 4th tier of Brazilian football) and not necessarily in the spotlight of world football. He never once sniffed the top flight/Brasileiro.

Also, Mudryk at Arsenal means no Trossard, and I think it's often overlooked that he's likely the best pure finisher in our squad. Obviously, who knows what happens if it was Mudryk instead, but there's a chance we could've been priced out of signing Rice. This Arsenal squad without Rice is fighting desperately to stay in the top four.

Anyway, just providing some Arsenal context.
I have another friend who is also an Arsenal fan so I’m actually pretty well informed about Martinelli from him hahaha.

I actually think Mudryks technical ability is really underrated because of how he’s been used at Chelsea.

I likely will never be a fan of Arteta because of the whole Partey thing, I think he’s a coward and the very few and extremely vague things he’s said in the wake of that stuff suggest he probably has opinions on the subject that would not be very popular.

That being said, he’s obviously become quite a good coach and Arsenal is an extremely good environment for young talent to blossom for several years now. Everything I’ve heard about Mudryk suggests he is an exceptionally hard worker in training, which is what I’ve been told of Martinelli as well.

I just can’t imagine Mudryk wouldn’t have blown up at Arsenal, or just any similarly stable and productive environment.
Old 03-17-2024, 12:31 PM   #4141
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brahvocado
I have another friend who is also an Arsenal fan so I’m actually pretty well informed about Martinelli from him hahaha.

I actually think Mudryks technical ability is really underrated because of how he’s been used at Chelsea.

I likely will never be a fan of Arteta because of the whole Partey thing, I think he’s a coward and the very few and extremely vague things he’s said in the wake of that stuff suggest he probably has opinions on the subject that would not be very popular.

That being said, he’s obviously become quite a good coach and Arsenal is an extremely good environment for young talent to blossom for several years now. Everything I’ve heard about Mudryk suggests he is an exceptionally hard worker in training, which is what I’ve been told of Martinelli as well.

I just can’t imagine Mudryk wouldn’t have blown up at Arsenal, or just any similarly stable and productive environment.
I've said my piece on the Partey situation before, but to reiterate—the entire world of professional sports is full of garbage human beings, both players, coaches, and management. If I don't separate it to some degree, I'd never be able to watch sports, so I separate it (but I'm very much looking forward to Partey's departure this Summer).

As for Mudryk, I think he'd be in the squad regularly, but I don't think he would've displaced Martinelli even if only due to how long it would've taken for Arteta to trust him and give him frequent minutes. He might be on the way to blowing up, but he only would've been there a little over a year now.

I know players say things and we can take them with a grain of salt, but even Rice came in and said he felt incredibly overwhelmed by what was expected of him outside of anything physically.

I'm happy with how things have turned out—Trossard was a bargain, there was money to secure Rice. I would've been happy with Mudryk, but I don't honestly feel we'd be running away with the title if he was in the side, as I don't think he's what's missing right now.

As for Chelsea, when the hell is Frank being given the reins again?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2024, 07:36 PM   #4142
MVP

steelerfan's Arena

OVR: 1

Cole ****ING Palmer!

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
Old 04-05-2024, 09:43 PM   #4143
MVP

Brahvocado's Arena

We’re so good at this game
Old 04-07-2024, 02:43 PM   #4144
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Why this guy still has a job is beyond me

Conceded 2 in each of our last 7 games.

In a game vs bottom Sheffield we go defensive and still play Gallagher with Enzo and Caicedo instead of trying to attack the team with the worst defensive record in the league.

Outshot and outplayed by bottom Sheffield.

Anyone thinking we are getting Top 6 is delusional

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Pro Soccer »