Home

Old Nascar Games.

This is a discussion on Old Nascar Games. within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-23-2009, 07:00 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 10
Old Nascar Games.

I was looking back at the old EA Nascar games. I picked up NT2003(ps2). I was surprised on how much better this game is then 09 for 360. The presentation, AI and the racing are all better. The AI actually has a sense of you and knows where you are, if you move up the AI moves up. I was racing at Daytona going full throttle drafting a car in front in me without hitting them. Thats almost impossible in 09 with out hitting the AI.

I also picked up Nascar 06 Total Team control. I thought i used to have this game but remember nothing of it. I love that you can switch to different teammates during the race. Most reviewers say that Nascar 05 is the peak of the game before it slowly started dropping off. Anyone have/still play these games?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2009, 01:50 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: Old Nascar Games.

I would agree that 05 was the best, especially the career mode.
Old 03-28-2009, 10:54 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 7

Would be nice if those old NASCAR games would have been BC for the 360. I agree NASCAR 05: Chase for the Cup was best one atleast to me.

Problem is, Like alot of games since going to Next-Gen they focus more on graphics and other things besides gameplay. Sometimes a game that has the gameplay down is better than a game with average gameplay and amazing graphics.

Here's hoping someone else releases a Nascar game besides EA and that have good core gameplay down. Id rather have a smart intelligent AI than a game that looks great but plays average at best
Old 03-29-2009, 01:17 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

OVR: 40

I actually played NASCAR 06 a little while ago and started up a new career mode. While it's pretty much an arcade game, more or less, it's still a pretty fun game and it still beats NASCAR 09. I just couldn't get into 09 for some reason. Plus, 06's career mode is GREAT!

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »