Home

NASCAR The Game: Inside Line Patch Has Finally Arrived For 360, Post Your Impressions

This is a discussion on NASCAR The Game: Inside Line Patch Has Finally Arrived For 360, Post Your Impressions within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-29-2013, 03:08 PM   #25
MVP

TCrouch's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: NASCAR The Game: Inside Line Patch Has Finally Arrived For 360, Post Your Impress

I just tried it again. Tried to turn the wheel sensitivity down to 270 so it matched the default MS wheel, and ran a tester at Charlotte again. Cars bunching up, wrecking each other, I can't even slow down unless I hit the brakes on the EXIT of each corner, which is going to kill speed every lap.

So I figured what the hell, I'll head to Kentucky. I race pretty well there, start from the rear of the field in a 26 lapper on 10% with 4x wear. The AI pits on lap 10, which means they're going to 2-stop it on a race you could make it on 1 stop (fuel ran about 14.x laps, and if you stop at 13 you're good). I had already knocked off half the field in 13 laps because they can't come off of 4 worth a damn--hit the brakes on the exit and you sail past 2 or 3 cars each corner if you can time it right to the outside. If you CAN'T, of course, you slam into the rear of them instead.

A merger came up after pits to the outside on the backstretch, I swerved under him, and he did the "wiggle shake" like he saw me, and came DOWN two lanes instead. Slammed into the rear of his car at full speed.

I'm done trying to find a way to have fun with it. I've given it more of a fair shake than most of my simracing buddies have, and I'm finally just throwing in the towel. I agree with the poster above, it's trash unless you are a very casual racer and only drive with a controller--and even then, you better have longer races so the AI doesn't get confused on pit strategy, which pretty much contradicts the whole casual racer part (or not pit at all).

There are moments when I have a blast, followed by 2 or 3 infuriating moments where you want to personally march over to Europe and strangle every one of the developers, one by one.

I get that making a game is hard. Papyrus took about 4 or 5 stabs at NASCAR, and even on NR2003, there were lingering pit issues in the default AI. But this is like taking twenty steps BACK in AI overall, and we're talking about comparing it to an 11 year old game at this point. You think PC's 11 years ago weren't as powerful as the consoles now? I beg to differ.

There's really no excuse anymore.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2013, 06:51 PM   #26
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: NASCAR The Game: Inside Line Patch Has Finally Arrived For 360, Post Your Impress

DLC is out for Inside Line -
Old 04-01-2013, 01:41 PM   #27
Rookie

JackieMoon33's Arena

OVR: 1

Can't wait to pay $0.99 43 times over for something that can't be used in career or season mode!
Old 04-01-2013, 07:00 PM   #28
Rookie

Louielouie3's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieMoon33
Can't wait to pay $0.99 43 times over for something that can't be used in career or season mode!
Its only 24.99 for 43 cars and access to all the challenges for this year.
Old 04-02-2013, 07:41 AM   #29
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louielouie3
For the quality of the game however, and the inability to use them in any useful mode the game offers though, it should have been much, much less than that.

The cars do loo pretty nice though.
Old 04-02-2013, 10:32 AM   #30
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon27
For the quality of the game however, and the inability to use them in any useful mode the game offers though, it should have been much, much less than that.

The cars do loo pretty nice though.
I must agree. The pass for this particular game should come in cheaper, especially with the limitations of how you can use the new cars.

OS Dibs: Anna Kendrick

Elite Dangerous on One X has become my life.

Proud PS5 and Xbox Series X Owner
"Best of Both Worlds"
Old 04-02-2013, 10:39 AM   #31
MVP

BIG CAROLINA's Arena

OVR: 18

Well now that we finally got the gen 6 cars how about we start a league here with the guys who were crazy enough to hold on to this (me included).

I have no idea about starting leagues/websites but I am sure Bob knows how!!

Doesn't have to be anything serious. Spec racing with no adjusted setups.Online has been problem free for me except for the a holes racing in public rooms.

Lets atleast try to get the most out of the Gen 6 cars

PSN: BIG_CAROLINA

"Life is too short for a man to hold bitterness in his heart."
Marshall W. "Major" Taylor
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2013, 10:53 AM   #32
All Star

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louielouie3
Only? That's about $24 too much for a game that has more bugs than a No-Pest Strip.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »