Home

NASCAR 2003 Season - OS Server Racing

This is a discussion on NASCAR 2003 Season - OS Server Racing within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-02-2009, 11:52 AM   #1
MVP

RunN1st's Arena

OVR: 20
NASCAR 2003 Season - OS Server Racing

Hi, all.

We run 1 of 2 ways...

Option 1, Public Server:
1. We are using the Gen6 Mod now. http://bigdonlinemotorsports.com/Sprintcupseries.html

2. Download the SMS Lobby - 0perationSports (letter 0 is a zero) server will be listed when we are online. (Nice thing is that you can use the dowload track/Mod button to obtain the necessary files to race with us!)
http://simulationmotorsports.net/site/

3. Ensure you download Teamspeak 3
We will provide the address when you decide to join us. Dowload it here...
http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads

That's it!

Email me @ [email protected] for Questions

------------------------------------

Option 2, Private Server:

Important: core.ini modification needed.

Option 2, Private Servers:
At any given moment we will host races....

1. 15% races, Fast 'fixed' Setups, normal tire wear
2. We will add AI if they are raceable. (We usually add them.)
3. Revamped Reloaded tracks and http://www.desmodsracing.com/download/cup10s/ Cup10s w/ spoiler cars. (see below)
4. Black flags and yellows
5. Full Damage
6. We use TeamSpeak 2

Hope you guys come out and join us!

Send me an email to [email protected] and I'll send you the IP Address to connect to TeamSpeak and the race server.

****If you want to join us... Here's what you will need.***

Once you've set the game up follow these instructions to fine tune the game:
http://www.desmodsracing.com/downloa...hic_tweaks.pdf

Logitech Black MOMO settings:
http://www.teamslm.com/downloads_momo.html

Logitech G25 settings:
http://www.retreadracing.net/Log25Settings.htm

IMPORTANT to ensure you have the most effective communications config.:
You will also have to modify your core.ini file found in the C:\Papyrus\Nascar Racing 2003\core.ini (This is done for better collision detection.)

Make a back-up of your original core.ini file. (The file is located in the C:/Papyrus directory.)

1. Right click and edit
2. Modify the following lines....

net_lan_client_send_every=1 ; Client packet freq on LAN
net_lan_client_send_size=260 ; Client packet size on LAN
net_lan_server_send_every=1 ; Server packet freq on LAN
net_lan_server_send_size=772 ; Server packet size on LAN
net_mdm_client_send_every=1 ; Client packet freq on dialup
net_mdm_client_send_size=116 ; Client packet size on dialup
net_mdm_server_send_every=1 ; Server packet freq on dialup
net_mdm_server_send_size=116 ; Server packet size on dialup
net_server_port=0 ; Server port number (0 = default)
net_use_mdm_bandwidth_for_tcp_ip=0 ; Use modem bandwidthfor TCP/IP
------------------------------

We highly recommend the following mods:

Nationwide League Mod files
Busch Grand National Mod (High-Res download) - http://www.twistermotorsports.com/pwf.htm

Nationwide 2010 caset - http://www.simracingdesign.com/downl...ries-pwf-1577/

Graphics settings
Found this over at http://www.simracingdesign.com/nr200...formative.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Need Help
Setting TextureSetSize to auto (-1) causes page swapping, which is what causes the FPS to go nuts. Only people with ungodly systems can get away with it and even then, I doubt it with large fields offline or online after extended play.
trivial

This part of your statement is Mostly Incorrect...TextureSetSize is a calculated figure the Sim uses for (Fast Texture Memory) used for clear in game textures as a whole.. not just cars... it uses this number for crisp looking Cars, Billboards, Grass, Sky, Buildings, track surface, etc. etc...... However, the config.exe was built, and designed to configure for Retail track Texture size's, (Although it handled 1024)-512 car Templates, and last but not least, 4:3 aspect ratio Monitors.

1-As we all know very few people are using retail tracks, With Original Textures.. With the exception of 5 tracks...(BullRing still Uses Retail tracks-With In house Upgrades) for our Cup Series.

2-As we all know too you won't find a 512 template for any Current NR2003 Mod... You won't find many painters out here not insisting on 2048 templates to paint on. I myself prefer 1024, but I know how to maximize graphics at that resolution.

3-Last but not least (Monitor Size). Very few of us are still using older 4:3 Aspect ratio CRT's, or even earlier Square LCD monitors... Most have moved on to the Wide-screen generation, and prefer to use the Native, or other Wide-screen options available.

Now take these 3 factors in consideration when Attempting to calculate a TextureSetSize without actually knowing what you really need.... The config.exe doesn't know you loaded your car folder with 43-2048 paint-jobs, and 1024 pit-crews, And that your going to Race on a Revamped, or SBP track completely re-textured with what used to be 128x256=Now 512x1024, 256x512=Now1024x2048, 128x512=Now 512x2048...This should help folks understand Now why you hear "well it's fine at some tracks, but blurry on others".... or "The Track is Fine in One Mod, but It's Blurry with that Mod".

Now the combination of all these New Mods, Tracks, Modern day Monitors and graphic cards Unless Actually knowing the Correct Formula for their Own Equipment+Settings, pretty much leaves 90% of this community The Only Logical Correct

TextureSetSize Setting to use being Auto.
TextureSetSize=-1

As for the Page Swapping?... I don't think Page Swapping has been an issue with Papy Sims since Windows98 and Low Physical Memory Systems ie: 512 of Ram, and 64mb video cards (Which us Old School guys All Raced NR2003 on back in the day).... WindowsXP does a pretty damn good Job of Handling Virtual Memory, but for those who Still insist, and rely on that Old Papy performance Tweak, it takes less than 5 minutes to tweak your Pagefile so it won't swap(or re-size).

Quote:
The number is supposed to be an accurate account of the amount of memory the sim will try to use, so adding 000 to the end tells the sim you have much more memory available then you actually have, which again, causes crashes.
trivial

I do Thank you for Pointing this Out...When I do get a chance to stop over here, I'd Like to offer help when I can... But I just can't believe how often this chunk of mis-information is given out...

Adding (000)-three-0's to your TextureSetsize number is Absolutely Incorrect, and eventually on some track in Some Mod, or the combination of 1,2 or 3 of the above you will experience quality issues. Thank you for Pointing that Out.

-In addition to TextureSetSize, A safe adjustment regardless of the amount of Physical Memory your machine has is going into your core.ini Memory Section and set the MaxBlockSize+PoolSize both to 524288. Although most Machines these days have a ton of Physical memory, sometimes figures other than these will throw curve balls at how NR2003 performs... these Figures are Safe, and Fool Proof Proven for any system regardless of it's hardware configuration.

[FileLRUCache]
CacheSize=14194304

[Memory]
MaxBlockSize=524288
minPhsyMemWontUse=0
NumEmptyPools=3
PoolSize=524288
ShowMemStats=0

Quote:
Hopefully they would update it but be realistic. If they aren't having problems with it in their league well ... they don't even believe in 2048 templates.
trivial

We had 33 Guys Test, and race the Mod for 2 weeks prior to release. These guys had machine ranging from old P4-Socket475 2.0, Socket478 2.5-3.6's all the way up to the i7's. We had 5-6 AMD guys(single core-quad-core). We had a range of video cards from Geforce-128mb ATI 256, all the way up to these GTX 1.5gig of Memory...Guys with 17'-CRT's-Lcd's, Several and Most in the 22-33' Wide-screen Range, and 3 guys in the 40'+ Wide-Screen range.

And yes....We were happy with results from both ends of the spectrum. Yeah it's a bit different for the guys over there who don't know for themselves having the luxury of Jerry, myself or a few other doing a proper calculation to optimize graphics for them. But that's not to say others in the community have to suffer too. These Tweaks right here should put you real close to perfect regardless of your Hardware+Monitor configuration.

With 1024 paints, and 512 pit crews, Not one of the guys who tested reported a Drop in frames compared to the SprintCup mod..All reported either an improvement in FPS(those with Weaker Machines), and/or reported (Same as before-Really Can't Tell) from Those running Machine's that handle this Sim Full Tilt 100%. (Meaning 140+FPS no Matter what Mod, or What track, or Combination of Both).

**When Struggling for FPS-Often Overlooked is Sound. 9 out of 10 guys who ask me to help them fix their FPS have their sound set to Maximum Sounds Heard. NR2003 Sound is a Giant Processor hog, and lowering that number to Maximum Sounds Heard=8 Will often help your cause more than some of the simple graphic tweaks.

In the End Texture Overload is what causes the blurriness...Poly Overload, and Sound Overload will kill FPS....the combination of both, and incorrect Texture sizing is the recipe for NR2003 Disaster. There are Ways to adjust, adapt, and overcome for your enjoyment given you have the right information and put it to use regardless of what Mod, tracks, or cars you choose to use.

For Veteran, and New NR2003 hobbyist's alike there is Always this neat little Calculator as an Option for you guys who like to tweak a bit more for comparing what best suits your machine, Mods, and Track downloads.

NR2003 Graphics Tweaker - http://bigdonlinemotorsports.com/NRgtweak.php

I hope this helps you clear up, and "Understand" Some of the Blur issues 3rd party downloads in NR2003 can sometimes throw aTweaker

Last edited by RunN1st; 06-05-2014 at 02:53 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2009, 11:56 AM   #2
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: NASCAR 2003 Season - OS Server Racing

I'll join, been a while since I've played. wouldn't mind playing a night or 2 a week.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 12-02-2009, 12:22 PM   #3
MVP

RunN1st's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
I'll join, been a while since I've played. wouldn't mind playing a night or 2 a week.

Good deal since we are going to use your TeamSpeak.
Old 12-02-2009, 03:17 PM   #4
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44

I was going to join...but I don't care for the way Solidice drives. He acts like he owns the track.

I need to reinstall teamspeak and get the info. I will join, but since switching systems, I really dont have a lot of the DLC on my new/old system. I will try and hop on and see what works.
Old 12-02-2009, 04:08 PM   #5
MVP

RunN1st's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34
I was going to join...but I don't care for the way Solidice drives. He acts like he owns the track.

I need to reinstall teamspeak and get the info. I will join, but since switching systems, I really dont have a lot of the DLC on my new/old system. I will try and hop on and see what works.
Bob!

I was going to say the same thing about you!

It'll be a setup night for sure. I sent you the info for the TeamSpeak and NR2003 server, Bob.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2009, 04:27 PM   #6
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by mniner2003
Bob!

I was going to say the same thing about you!

It'll be a setup night for sure. I sent you the info for the TeamSpeak and NR2003 server, Bob.

What...out of the three of us...your the one always taking up space at the front. Acting you're better than us by driving ahead of us all the time.

For my first act tonight, I shall put your car into the wall!!
and then blame Solidice for it.....
Old 12-02-2009, 04:32 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

OVR: 40

I may have to jump on sometime again. I can only do it on Friday nights, though (12 AM is too late on weeknights for me). Hopefully, my experience of playing this game for the last few months will help cure my recklessness that sometimes ensued back when I raced this summer. I think I'm probably a better driver now (albeit not a great one).
Old 12-02-2009, 04:48 PM   #8
MVP

RunN1st's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34
What...out of the three of us...your the one always taking up space at the front. Acting you're better than us by driving ahead of us all the time.

For my first act tonight, I shall put your car into the wall!!
and then blame Solidice for it.....
Good times all the time!

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »