Home

NASCAR Heat Evolution Available, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NASCAR Heat Evolution Available, Post Your Impressions Here within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-08-2017, 05:20 PM   #297
MVP

bravesfan1984's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: NASCAR Heat Evolution Available, Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojugend
Much better than the default setting, I can tell you that much. You can definitely feel the handling improvements with these setups, my problem is I'm just not very good at racing Sim in this game. I constantly get spun out by my opponents or spin out by myself exiting turns, even when I'm being super-cautious. But it's either that or race bumper cars in Normal mode.
I'll test them out for sure. I've just been running Normal mode. I don't want the headache of not being able to complete a lap before spinning out. Wonder how these setups would mesh with Normal mode?

Old 03-08-2017, 05:28 PM   #298
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravesfan1984
Wonder how these setups would mesh with Normal mode?
I'm pretty sure you can't use track setups in Normal mode, only Sim.
Old 03-08-2017, 11:13 PM   #299
Rookie

ILuvMN81's Arena

Yup. Setups are strictly sim mode. Hope they address that in year 2 but not counting on it.

Knee pit is a great source. As odd as it sounds, I like listening to his twang since it fits the image of a classic southern NASCAR driver or crewman. I use his setups as a baseline as I find them a bit loose. I think he's on PC and uses a wheel so that might make a difference. He definitely knows how to get speed out of the cars and help you bump your rating up, that's for sure.

I've developed my own setups for the short tracks besides Bristol where I use knee pit's. I'd share but they might be too tight for some folks.

Again, have to agree with other avid racers here. Sim mode is where it's at but the darn physics of this game are just too touchy! I rarely spin myself but I'm always getting tagged by the stupid AI and I've had some real "what?!" Moments just for coming within virtual inches of another car.
Old 03-09-2017, 08:13 AM   #300
MVP

bravesfan1984's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojugend
I'm pretty sure you can't use track setups in Normal mode, only Sim.
I see, you can tell I don't even attempt to set up my car haha.

Old 03-09-2017, 12:01 PM   #301
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

For anyone who has a PS4 Pro and NHE, I'm extremely interested to know if the latest system update -- which includes a "Boost Mode" feature to improve performance -- does anything to improve the frame rate of this game. Even on a standard PS4, you can see certain areas on certain tracks (with no other AI traffic onscreen and rearview mirror disabled) where the game wants to hit 60fps, or at least it's way above 30fps. Perhaps the PS4 Pro can now improve upon this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2017, 05:39 PM   #302
MVP

CX1329's Arena

OVR: 16

I finally got this game in a sale a few days ago. It's pretty bare-bones, but I'm having a lot of fun with it nonetheless. For some reason, the AI in Practice and Qualify seems to work differently than in Race. In races, the AI behaves well for the most part and gives me space most of the time, but in practices and qualifying sessions the AI completely ignores my car and treats me like I'm not even there, and will bulldoze me out of the way if I don't let AI cars by. It's odd.

Also, the car is REALLY twitchy on simulation physics and it's very hard to keep the car straight, which is a serious problem on the backstretch. I DREAD being in the middle when it's three wide and I try to avoid it as much as possible, because I know that's always an accident waiting to happen given how hard it is to keep a constant line. However, I did find that lifting off the throttle slightly really helps with stability at a negligible expense of speed, so when there is a car running next to me and I need to be careful, I sometimes lift and get back on full throttle when the danger is gone.

Despite the flaws in this game and its lack of features, this should satisfy my NASCAR fix until a better sim comes out. As much as I love NR2003 for its realistic physics, the AI in that game is archaic and I only play single-player, so it's hard to get into it. I'm not a serious sim racer anymore these days due to sim racing being such an expensive and time-consuming hobby, so I care more about good AI and a good single-player experience than I do about sheer realism.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »