Home

MXGP 3 Announced, Arrives in the Spring Using Unreal Engine 4 - Teaser Trailer

This is a discussion on MXGP 3 Announced, Arrives in the Spring Using Unreal Engine 4 - Teaser Trailer within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-10-2017, 07:49 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: MXGP 3 Announced, Arrives in the Spring Using Unreal Engine 4 - Teaser Trailer

Yeah...my math was flawed...lol It's the 30th.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2017, 10:08 AM   #26
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: MXGP 3 Announced, Arrives in the Spring Using Unreal Engine 4 - Teaser Trailer

I just pre ordered off the U.K. store. No way I can wait until June 20th. Also picked up Ride 2 on sale.
Old 05-19-2017, 06:49 AM   #27
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

10 days 12 hours 10 minutes. I can't remember when I've been this excited for a game to release. I used to take Madden release day off from work, this year I'm taking the 30th off.
Old 05-20-2017, 12:54 PM   #28
MVP

Due to the time difference you should be able to download on the night of the 29th as a bonus
Old 05-26-2017, 04:54 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 1

Love, MX games, and MX in general, but have definite concerns based on the videos I have seen. Racing games live, and die based on their AI. The AI looks identical to MXGP2, which is not good. I know they have a new Engine, but that engine appears to be running the same AI as the old engine. Watch the Videos, riders are lined up one after the other like a Circus train, EVERY rider still taking the single inside line. Zero awareness of the human controlled rider (not altering lines, slowing down, etc. based on human controlled riders position on track). Riders all bunched up, allowing easy passes of several riders in groups. Spread the racing out. Not all riders should be finishing a long race on the lead lap. Also, in one of the videos a human controlled rider lands on the back of the AI rider, and just bounces off, neither falls or even slows up. More than real? I think not.

I have seen this many times in Sports games they tout a brand new engine, but it runs the same ****ty AI it always did. I ordered it, and will play it, but the AI looks as bad as ever.
Old 05-28-2017, 10:11 AM   #30
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

I've been on PlayStation live for the past couple hours watching game play and archived video clips. A few comments: The track designs looks to be much improved. The A.I. appears to be a bit better, I have not yet seen any of that problem where they would run over you if you took the inside line on the turns, from what I've see so far they do appear to have some awareness of the human rider. The only negative so far is I did see the human rider land on the back of an A.I. and neither rider went down. Also when the human rider did crash later in the race he was immediately placed back on his bike, I hate that.

Game over all looks improved but it's still lacking some realism I was hoping for. I'll be back with full impressions once my copy is playable and I put in at least 6 hours. It's fully downloaded now playable in 1 day 9 hours.
Old 05-28-2017, 01:39 PM   #31
MVP

I noticed mine downloaded this AM as well. Awesome

It will be interesting to see how the tracks feel in the weather.

I will probably try and run a few laps tomorrow night.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2017, 05:59 AM   #32
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richzilla
I noticed mine downloaded this AM as well. Awesome

It will be interesting to see how the tracks feel in the weather.

I will probably try and run a few laps tomorrow night.
Yeah it's 6:00 am EST now , mine says it's playable in 13 hours so I'll be playing tonight at 7:00 pm EST. I should get a few hours in tonight.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »