Home

NCAA Football 09 Patch Announcement

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 09 Patch Announcement within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience
Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 02:45 PM   #609
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: NCAA Football 09 Patch Announcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstod
I think what he's saying is what if they completely fix the sliders. Not just make it so that the CPU sliders actually control the CPU AI. But make the sliders so they actually can modify the gameplay to the extent that they should. IMO, if THAT was to be fixed, we could hide a lot of the gameplay issues.
The sliders have NEVER been like that though. What we are all saying (And what AA is saying in bold and caps) is that the defense needs to be fixed, not tweaked with sliders. This isnt a rudiemntary issue where we feel that passes are going 5 yards too far and we adjust that. This is an issue where the defense plays like a bunch of 3 year olds at soccer as compared to the nasty defenses we see on Saturday.

There is a HUGE gap as to what we are seeing and want to see. Sliders, unless they are completely redone (see AA's post above) will not affect the gameplay in the way we are all intending it to.

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Old 07-23-2008, 02:48 PM   #610
Rookie

nstod's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
Sliders, unless they are completely redone (see AA's post above) will not affect the gameplay in the way we are all intending it to.
Yeah, I know. I think that this is what Adam is referring to. Not sure how else to explain it to you, man.
Old 07-23-2008, 02:52 PM   #611
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstod
Yeah, I know. I think that this is what Adam is referring to. Not sure how else to explain it to you, man.
We're on the same page. If the sliders are completely redone and have MAJOR impacts on the game, then that should, in theory, HELP us correct alot of the issues in the game. But i guess the bigger question is, should we be left as gamers to have to cover up bigger flaws?

Now ill take that responsibility over having nothing to remedy it with, but unlses they are completely redone with drastic impact, i cant see them making a difference.

If they are re-done, again, IN THEORY, it should help, but until we get our hands on it, who knows.

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2008, 02:53 PM   #612
Rookie

nstod's Arena

OVR: 6

Yeah, I'm with you guys. At this point, I don't care what they do as long as we can make the game play a whole lot better than it's playing right now.
Old 07-23-2008, 03:00 PM   #613
Banned

EAreaper26's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
That doesn't work at all for the punt returns imo. The human punt returns on AA difficulty are too easy no matter what you do. I've tried dropping punt length, increasing punt length, punt accuracy, whatever. I can return punts at 20+ yards almost every time on AA and I've normally been a lousy returner in the past. I did find that the punt returns seemed really good on Heisman though.
oh, i adjusted the sliders while playing on heisman and the game is playing great.
Old 07-23-2008, 03:03 PM   #614
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43

Honestly,

This isn't rocket science.

Adam and other EA fellas perusing our boards...

Here is how you see if anything you guys are currently "patching" is going to do a darn thing.

Play a "Play Now" Game.

Put it on any difficulty level you want.

Pick Georgia or Ohio State...an all "99" team ("99" ratings...That's a whole other issue altogether but I digress).

Play against Utah State, the absolute worst team in the game.

Jack all of the HUMAN sliders to 100.

Jack all of the CPU sliders to 0.

If you don't win that game 110-0...then your patch isn't doing anything.

More importantly, with those EXTREME SETTINGS, if you don't have 35 sacks, and the Utah State QB is going 16-20 with 180 yards 2 TDs....your patch isn't doing anything.

IF YOUR DEFENSIVE LINEMEN ARE GETTING PANCAKED EVERY SINGLE PLAY, OR HALF OF YOUR FRONT FOUR GET CHOP BLOCKED ON EVERY SINGLE PLAY....THEN YOUR "PATCH" ISN'T DOING ANYTHING.

Simple. To the point.
Old 07-23-2008, 03:11 PM   #615
Rookie

OVR: 4

As far as fixing sliders, I'm not sure it it help fix the game. Especially defensive pressure. Sliders simply affect player ratings. And some player ratings do not matter. I have tested this and I have determined Pass Block Pass Block Strength and Pass Block Footwork and Catch ratings have little to no affect on game play. I edited a FB to to a 0 catch rating and he still catches the ball. I edited a LT to 0 Pass Block and 0 Pass Block Strength and Footwork and they BLOW UP 95 rated DEs, and do that miraculous/ridiculous cut block animation and flip defenders in the air. Also RBs block as well as O-lineman. They have low ratings and weight and still block like Orlando Pace. My biggest issue with all of this is Building a Good defense or great offensive line in dynasty is pointless because they all play the same.
Old 07-23-2008, 03:16 PM   #616
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
Honestly,

This isn't rocket science.

Adam and other EA fellas perusing our boards...

Here is how you see if anything you guys are currently "patching" is going to do a darn thing.

Play a "Play Now" Game.

Put it on any difficulty level you want.

Pick Georgia or Ohio State...an all "99" team ("99" ratings...That's a whole other issue altogether but I digress).

Play against Utah State, the absolute worst team in the game.

Jack all of the HUMAN sliders to 100.

Jack all of the CPU sliders to 0.

If you don't win that game 110-0...then your patch isn't doing anything.

More importantly, with those EXTREME SETTINGS, if you don't have 35 sacks, and the Utah State QB is going 16-20 with 180 yards 2 TDs....your patch isn't doing anything.

IF YOUR DEFENSIVE LINEMEN ARE GETTING PANCAKED EVERY SINGLE PLAY, OR HALF OF YOUR FRONT FOUR GET CHOP BLOCKED ON EVERY SINGLE PLAY....THEN YOUR "PATCH" ISN'T DOING ANYTHING.

Simple. To the point.
LOL you are that is simple and to the point AA

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »