Home

NBA 2K9 Review

This is a discussion on NBA 2K9 Review within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2008, 02:33 AM   #57
MVP

Klocker's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: NBA 2K9 Review

this game deserves every bit of a 9. the mst realistic recreation of the NBA that I have ever seen (been playing games since PONG in 76). well done... albeit with some things to work on, but all in all an outstanding effort. the graphical upgrade alone and the animations and the subtle improvements from 2k8 make it a 9 ALL DAY LONG.

It's like having a little version of the NBA living in my tv.
Old 10-14-2008, 03:55 AM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 3

I have to say that I agree with most of this review as well. I am falling in love with this game. The more I play it the more I like it. I messed with some sliders, created a decent looking Michael Jordan, and started my Association with the Bulls. I am playing on Superstar with 10 min quarters and getting mostly realistic stats.

The computer comes back from 13 points with a flurry of full court man to man, and insane shots...but it is fun! Its really like a real NBA game...no matter what happens with the first three quarters...start watching my game in the 4th quarter, and you will see a back and forth battle. It gets really intense with the crowd chanting defense and screaming in your ears.
Old 10-14-2008, 05:14 AM   #59
MVP

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornindamecca
Play a game straight up before you touch the sliders after you DL the rosters. The tendencies and ratings have PLENTY to do with CPU behavior. Once the ratings are adjusted, the CPU intelligence reacts appropriately. With proper ratings, the game doesn't need nearly as much tweaking as it does when it thinks Jason Richardson is a 99 in 3pt shooting, lol.
Jason Richardson a 99 in 3pt. shoothing?! I may DL the 2K Insider rosters. Thanks, Born.

BUT, this is really kind of ridiculous. First, I adjust the global Sliders, then the Coaches Profiles, now I also need the "correct" rosters adjustments?!!!! For me, even DL'n someone else's adjustments is tough, because ultimately I trust my judgement most-unless it's coming straight from the top. So, maybe I'll go with 2K Insider's rosters, but, if I choose not to, then I have to do that myself, also-big pain in the butt. And, if the rosters are really the big factor of all the inaccuracy, then I may have to start all over! But, why are the rosters so skewed in the first place?! So, the gameplay is there, but the numbers are all messed up?!!!!!
2K9 will definitely be remembered as a great game......after many......many adjustments. Not cool, 2K.

I just want to play the damn game!!!!!
Old 10-14-2008, 05:38 AM   #60
MVP

OVR: 24

Actually, after lookin' at "the real 2k insider" blog page, his edits aren't really drastic enough to warrant a total do-over. Hell, Rashidi isn't even the "real" 2K Insider, so, I'm good. Whew, that was close. No more edits, no nothin'! Adjust away, guys.

I can finally play this damn game!!!!
Old 10-14-2008, 07:25 AM   #61
Lie,cheat,steal,kill: Win

trobinson97's Arena

OVR: 44

The online issues bring this game down a full point at least for me. It's a major part of the game for me that is severely lacking in execution. I would agree with the score if it were mainly talking about offline basketball, I think the game is great. But online, especially the much hyped 5v5, is virtually unplayable and that for me, brings down the entire experience.

SteamID - Depotboy

...2009, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2020....
What a run
Roll Tide

Last edited by trobinson97; 10-14-2008 at 07:27 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2008, 07:29 AM   #62
Rookie

OVR: 2

I havent played online yet, and don't plan to except with friends. I hate playing online because I either play cheesers, or if I'm winning they disconnect. My only gripe is with the frame rate issues, fix that and it's a 9.5...
Old 10-14-2008, 07:44 AM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 16
Hopefully 2K will fix the sliders for online play. I'm sorry but I did not see a layup bug. I had no problem with missing a layup when someone played good D. It made you think twice about just running to the hole. You knew you had to have a good angle and actually get to the back board. Hopefully they will calm down the scoring in the paint with updates.
Old 10-14-2008, 08:57 AM   #64
Support Sim

BroMontana82's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRome
Hopefully 2K will fix the sliders for online play. I'm sorry but I did not see a layup bug. I had no problem with missing a layup when someone played good D. It made you think twice about just running to the hole. You knew you had to have a good angle and actually get to the back board. Hopefully they will calm down the scoring in the paint with updates.
can't really disagree with the points about the actual gameplay...but the framerate issues and aawful online experience so far really ruin the entire experience for me so far...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »